music news

Kendrick Lamar to Headline 2025 Super Bowl

Teletubby

Featured Posts

lastpopicon

and imma just leave this here, the best album opener of any hip hop record (I really love To pimp a butterfly lol)

:bye:

The melody that you choose can rescue you
  • YAAAS 2

RenegAde
28 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Because you and others are out of touch and needed to be grounded. 

Gaga has had several and different types of peaks, but in the MUSIC world her peak was over a decade ago. This is not up for debate. 

So it’s funny that people who are on a Gaga stan forum think they can dictate what isn’t appealing to the GP when our fave’s peak in terms of Pop music impact was a while ago. 

Kendrick Lamar had a huge hit this year and his albums always make waves (maybe minus his last one). 

Just because he isn’t on your radar doesn’t mean he isn’t appealing. 

The GP isn’t on a Gaga forum obsessing over LG7 so I don’t think many people here who don’t listen to rap or hip hop have any business saying Kendrick isn’t appealing to the GP. 

Nothing against you personally btw, just saying. 

Your first and last paragraph are very conflicting, make up your mind on how you want me to recieve your post because I'm not sure why you would refer to me as out of touch when i've reiterated kendricks mainstream appeal many times in my replys here.

I'm just saying don't tie your tongue trying to discredit Gaga to make a point that makes itself. And yes, the wording/tone in your post i disagreed with was not only discrediting her but also irrelevant since you know she's had several/different peaks. Who cares that her biggest was in 2011.  She could top that in 2025 who knows 

Edited by RenegAde

southpaw773

Side note. There are usually guest(s) I wonder if there will be one and who it would be 

Morphine Prince
12 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

Your first and last paragraph are very conflicting, make up your mind on how you want me to recieve your post because I'm not sure why you would refer to me as out of touch when i've reiterated kendricks mainstream appeal many times in my replys here.

I'm just saying don't tie your tongue trying to discredit Gaga to make a point that makes itself. And yes, the wording/tone in your post i disagreed with was not only discrediting her but also irrelevant since you know she's had several/different peaks. Who cares that her biggest was in 2011.  She could top that in 2025 who knows 

I never discredited Gaga, if you took it that way, that’s on you. 

Real Panda
14 minutes ago, southpaw773 said:

Side note. There are usually guest(s) I wonder if there will be one and who it would be 

Freedom with Beyonce, or Bad Blood with Taylor.

RenegAde
11 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

I never discredited Gaga, if you took it that way, that’s on you. 

Talk about out of touch. 

• Love 1

NATAH
1 hour ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

that’s like asking Adele, Charli xcx and Lil Wayne to share a spot

Itd ruin the whole flow of the show 

I’d put my chances at 0%

-

and it sucks bc I was gonna put my hopes on a Grammys promo spot - but even though they still should, Kendrick will wipe that impact out 

-

It feels like Interscope has set Gaga up to end her #1 album streak on purpose bc there’s no way they didn’t know about these superbowl negotiations 

idk maybe she can cover one of his verses, she's a very experienced covers artist we- :madge:

mother, what must i do?
  • LMAO 2

Roughhouse Dandy

Reading through this thread like

tumblr-nr5hays-WUD1uy71f2o1-500-zpsecbmr

It's likely there will be a guest or two bc it's the super bowl, but he could absolutely do it solo; Kendrick pretty much always puts on a wild show. He's got many recognizable hits, great features, and a killer vision. I imagine a certain large demographic is gonna get angry at what he ends up doing... but that's just the cherry on top 🥰

Edited by Roughhouse Dandy
This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Roughhouse Dandy

Wait I just watched the announcement video and Aubrey is still catching strays omg SHORT KING

Edited by Roughhouse Dandy
This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.

lastpopicon
1 minute ago, Morphine Prince said:

I’m dead :lmao: 

can drake actually come back from this, not like us is such a vicious diss, and he had to delete the response because it was so bad  :air:

this is what being surrounded by yes man does to you, Kendrick was actually very kind on Euphoria and warned him to stop but drake kept going :deadbanana: the hubris of this man should be studied because there's no way he'd win this, even with an army of ghostwriters :nooo:

if some people are in the dark about this, read about it, it's fascinating lol

The melody that you choose can rescue you
  • Like 3

Taylucifer

and when Taylor comes out and sings Bad Blood what then:ohwell:

The Tortured Poets Department is out NOW

Teletubby
10 minutes ago, Taylucifer said:

and when Taylor comes out and sings Bad Blood what then:ohwell:

we will be booing with @River

i ❤️ @Julianlittlem
  • Like 1