music news

Kendrick Lamar to Headline 2025 Super Bowl

Teletubby

Featured Posts

elijahfan
38 minutes ago, andy232000 said:

Hip hop is the biggest genre in apple music and the US. LG7 would be absolutely not safe anymore agaisnt a major rap release. The only reason it remains safe now is because both Gaga and Kendrick are from the same label and probably they wont have them compete against each other. 

Not safe from what? Getting #1? Who tf cares :saladga:

While I understand our wish to see our faves being successful, the obsession with charts and numbers nowadays has reached ridiculous proportions. The fact this could potentially spoil fans' appreciation of an era is nothing short of ludicrous.

• Thanks 2

Anderson123

Good for him, he deserves it. I don't listen to his music that much and sometimes there's a song here and there that I've enjoyed but he's going to do a great job. He's a great performer and has a very strong fanbase.

Another Superbowl show I'll catch up on YouTube the next day. :ororomunroe:

Edited by Anderson123
  • Like 1

southpaw773

Tori Amos recently covered his song “Swimming Pools” that would be hilarious if they did a duet for that part of the show 

SimonBaetens

Great choice!! Hope they ask Miley Cyrus soon as well.

when you're lonely, I'll be lonely too / https://www.last.fm/user/SimonBaetens

Morphine Prince

Out of touch Gaga stans who stan a woman whose appeal in Pop music (read this before you drag me) peaked over a decade ago trying to claim someone isn’t relevant or appealing is always hilarious to me. 

• Thanks 5

Agunimon
50 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

Why? If you're talking about the allegations im pretty sure they've had other artist with much more damning(no pun intended) allegations and reputations perform. 

Drake's trajectory has been on a downhill trend since Honestly, Nevermind and the optics after the feud with Kendrick had most of the on viewers laughing at Drake rather than cheering him on in the diss tracks. Everyone was waiting for Kendrick's response for the organic fraction of it where as with Drake, people were excited for Kendrick's next response to it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Levine

Of course THE BEST CHOICE THEY MADE in the last 5 years it's exactly when Gaga has to release an album. Un****ingbelievable!

• Like 2

Levine
5 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Out of touch Gaga stans who stan a woman whose appeal in Pop music (read this before you drag me) peaked over a decade ago trying to claim someone isn’t relevant or appealing is always hilarious to me. 

They'll cry on february when HIS ENTIRE CATALOGUE will storm the charts against lg7. 

I'm happy happy and super happy for him, but this is literally the worst news ever for us Gaga fans (I'm exaggerating, but you get it)

• Like 4

skaxboy

He is going to do a really good job!

Beyonce and Bruno Mars headlined first, then guest performed later. Justin Timberlake guest performed then headlined years later. Kendrick co-headlined in 2022 and now is fully headlining. Iconic. 

I would have expected there to have been a rock band headliner by now. The Who played in 2010 but I would think a newer legacy band would headline like Green Day or Red Hot Chili Peppers. I don’t think of Maroon 5 or Coldplay as “rock” bands. 

• Like 1

Future Lovers

Seeing Kendrick call Drake a pedophile on live tv during the halftime show is going to be an all timer moment 

• Like 4
  • YAAAS 1

Juanjo

Okay, Kendrick! He’s gonna piss A LOT of people off, and I’m here for it, actually. Drake must be SEETHING already! :ladyhaha:

• Like 4

RenegAde
5 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

I mean it's delusional to say kendrick doesn't have GP appeal but did you really have to discredit Gaga to make that point? Especially since she's literally proven that people can have multiple peaks and maintain a prolicific career without always being no1.

Also people are here because they love Gaga not because of her peak so whats even the point of bringing this up.

• Thanks 2

Future Lovers
1 hour ago, Concertaholic said:

I’m sorry but Super Bowl performers typically have gp appeal, but I legitimately couldn’t name you one song by this guy and I think many other Americans couldn’t either.

He literally just this year had one of the biggest hits of the decade are you well?

Like if you don’t like his music cool but you gotta be really out of the loop and culturally disengaged to not recognize a thing from one of the most popular artists in the world. 

Edited by Future Lovers
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2