• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Battle 4 Ur Life

• 2School4Cool

• ALGAYDO

• Controversiaga

TEETHTEETH

Elton thanks trump for support. And thinks it’s hilarious. Elton isn’t saying he supports trump. 

by this logic trump supports Beyoncé by using her music. This is a short statement that can easily get twisted but no where is he endorsing a US politician. 

Battle 4 Ur Life

what’s even more hilarious is the self importance here. you didn’t coin the word Little or Rocket or Man. you just want attention wherever you can get it.

“Stupid Love aged like Macallan tho”

Battle 4 Ur Life
3 minutes ago, TEETHTEETH said:

Elton thanks trump for support. And thinks it’s hilarious. Elton isn’t saying he supports trump. 

by this logic trump supports Beyoncé by using her music. This is a short statement that can easily get twisted but no where is he endorsing a US politician. 

he isn’t ashamed to be associated with him. he’s actually clearly flattered even tho Trump’s a fascist. let them attract each other then and make it public. it’s certainly going to look worse for Elton than it is for Trump but it’s not like Elton John has anything to worry about. that’s what’s even more disappointing.

Battle 4 Ur Life

I’m so glad I can finally stop pretending that I like Sine From Above.

Edited by Battle 4 Ur Life

Ultimecia

Not the featured artist on my least favorite song on Chromatica! :brat:

Time. It will not wait, no matter how hard you hold on...

TEETHTEETH
1 hour ago, Battle 4 Ur Life said:

he isn’t ashamed to be associated with him. he’s actually clearly flattered even tho Trump’s a fascist. let them attract each other then and make it public. it’s certainly going to look worse for Elton than it is for Trump but it’s not like Elton John has anything to worry about. that’s what’s even more disappointing.

Trump called Kim Jung Un “little rocket man” in reference to Elton’s song “rocket man”. There was no personal association and it’s objectively funny. I wouldn’t even say Elton seemed flattered. It just made him laugh. :yennefer:

Gabi001

He is just being polite to one of his fans. He may not like his politics, but why should an artist be rude to his fan? I feel he doesn't support his policies, but he takes a high road and also finds a reference to his music funny. 

I don't get it why should we be so hatefull to each other :party: 

I'm not having fun tonight.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Batwings

I love Elton, and I have been a fan for many years, but let's be real here. He can be very problematic. Remember when he played at Rush Limbaugh's wedding? 

EDIT: Also, I just want to add, I know someone who worked for Elton for a while. Apparently, he's really, really nice in person and hands out $100 bills like they're candy to everyone. 

Edited by Batwings
  • Shook 1

Future Lovers
8 hours ago, SHALLOW said:

Like, there's genuinely not a single one that isn't problematic, didn't hang out with Trump or Epstein 

Well I mean...yes there are. There are tons of people who didn't hang out with either one of them. 

On that wavelength, just because someone may be photographed or attend events where one of them was present doesn't mean that they were associated with them. Trump and Epstein were both socialites that attended numerous Hollywood events over the years. Simply being at the same function as one of them doesn't mean there's an association or relationship to them. 

That's why I feel a lot of the photos that exist of celebrities with them or Harvey Weinstein are really lame gotchas because duh they were going to be in the same places because that's where these people inserted themselves. The telling thing would be if you look into whether they had an extended relationship with these people beyond just seeing them out at events, not just that they were in the same places. 

Future Lovers
7 hours ago, weed said:

Still don't understand the refusal to say "I support Kamala over him," rather than "do we want fire or calm" but whatever.

I don't fully either, but generally I don't often see many European celebrities directly comment on US politicians in terms of actual politics or elections. Many have taken big swings at Trump as a person, but I can't think of many examples of them explicitly endorsing someone electorally. 

That's not to say I don't think they can or shouldn't, but I also think a lot of non-American celebrities don't see a reason to when they're not voting in that election. 

That said, there are some that do and more and more so as time goes on. Charli XCX is a good example. 

• Like 1

Bobina

Tbh there's really no room for interpretation when it comes to Trump these days. You either have to make sure you're clear you're not in his camp and don't support him period, or people are going to assume you do. Trying to go between the lines or be politically correct when it comes to the cheeto man is just not it. I certainly do hope he's being facetious though.  

• Thanks 1

Togekiss

Good god I just hope Kamala wins in such a landslide and we never have to talk about this swollen orange scrotum anymore :kry:

building a daydream with hearts and spades

Bowman

This doesn’t mean he’s a trump fan? You guys are so quick to overreact, he’s just thanking him for supporting him :littlepotter:

Chromatica and it’s completely different but also still chromatica