Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
funny

‘PARTYNAUSEOUS’ turns 12

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

gagzus

I still to this day dunno how they got so far into recording, producing, mastering and were clearly ready to release and promote it for her to inevitably cancel it.

EDIT: actually didn’t they go behind her back and wanna drop the hip-hop version and she was convinced they were gonna drop the EDM Version

Edited by gagzus
  • Like 3

artdoll
1 hour ago, gagzus said:

I still to this day dunno how they got so far into recording, producing, mastering and were clearly ready to release and promote it for her to inevitably cancel it.

EDIT: actually didn’t they go behind her back and wanna drop the hip-hop version and she was convinced they were gonna drop the EDM Version

From my understanding the reason neither PARTYNAUSEOUS or Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe (feat. Gaga) never dropped was because Kendrick's team didn't want to garner Gaga's largely queer fanbase into Kendrick's audience/demographic. aka the supposed "creative differences"?

。゚☁ glued up, sometimes it's too much ☁ ゚。
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TEANUS
2 hours ago, gagzus said:

44 minutes ago, artdoll said:

From my understanding the reason neither PARTYNAUSEOUS or Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe (feat. Gaga) never dropped was because Kendrick's team didn't want to garner Gaga's largely queer fanbase into Kendrick's audience/demographic. aka the supposed "creative differences"?

From what I remember…..she didn’t like how they were going to basically erase her vision for the song sonically nor how they were mixing her vocals. You can def tell in the artRave version versus the leaked trap version that her vocals were definitely watered down, mixed to hell, and quite monotone. They also wanted to keep her on the chorus only if I remember. I think that’s the case for BDKMV as well….at least as far as the vocals go

Edited by TEANUS
British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Decodekid

I don't remember much of this rather than she performing it at artRave. Was this supposed to be like a standalone thing or ARTPOP related? was it Kendrick ft. Gaga? context :vegas:

Long Live Gretchen

artdoll
7 minutes ago, Decodekid said:

I don't remember much of this rather than she performing it at artRave. Was this supposed to be like a standalone thing or ARTPOP related? was it Kendrick ft. Gaga? context :vegas:

I think PARTYNAUSEOUS was one of the songs that was meant to be released via the ARTPOP app or on ACT II.

Also it's Gaga's! You can find the solo version online I believe, Kendrick was the feature.

。゚☁ glued up, sometimes it's too much ☁ ゚。
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Gohan

Gaga did not like the amount of autotune and the way they mixed her vocals into the song. Also there were 2 versions and Kendrick's team wanted to release the hip-hop version instead of the EDM one and that version only had Gaga on the chorus as we know it.

I'm glad tho, I don't like that homophobe near her music :icant:

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

27monster27
2 hours ago, Decodekid said:

2 hours ago, artdoll said:

I think PARTYNAUSEOUS was one of the songs that was meant to be released via the ARTPOP app or on ACT II.

Also it's Gaga's! You can find the solo version online I believe, Kendrick was the feature.

PARTYNAUSEOUS itself was originally supposed to be for Good Kid, Maad City along with B!tch Don't Kill My Vibe. The former was supposed to get a music video, and from Lady Gaga's words it was supposed to have the Tokyo 2012 wig in it. Besides that everything was scrapped. What a shame because I think this would've been so cool in 2012. Oh well.

lady-gaga-arrives-at-narita-airport-toky

Edited by 27monster27
he/him/his
  • Like 1
  • Shook 1

PartySick
43 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

@PartySick you’re 12?!?!?!

Pretend she says the right numbers 

There's no need to be so serious! You're gonna die some day!
  • LMAO 2