Monstermilo 5,480 Posted September 6, 2024 Share Posted September 6, 2024 13 hours ago, Luna Lovegood said: I always thought it’s a slam dunk for harris to win when biden stepped down and she appointed walz as the VP tbh but the again, I thought hillary was gonna win too and look how it turned out 💀 harris is much better candidate than hillary and also a lot of ppl are turned off by trumps chaotic admin - esp abortion being threatened Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Monstermilo 5,480 Posted September 6, 2024 Share Posted September 6, 2024 we better get out and vote - another trump presidency would be devastating - even worse than his first round in the WH i think ppl see that abortion rights are at risk and im hoping thats enough to get kamala in the oval office Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Helxig 45,807 Posted September 6, 2024 Share Posted September 6, 2024 Oh god this gives me some hope I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Neroneau 1,017 Posted September 6, 2024 Share Posted September 6, 2024 13 hours ago, ROHKEUS said: I’m not a fan of him but he wasn’t wrong in 2016. When he finalized his prediction for 2016, also in a video for NYT he said Trump would win, he also said it in other news outlets. Can you show the source for when he said she would win? My source was wiki Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Morphine Prince 110,034 Posted September 6, 2024 Author Share Posted September 6, 2024 6 hours ago, PartySick said: I don't really know much about him other than he runs FiveThirtyEight and likes to gamble but there are some serious cat fights going on in the political world Nate Silver does not run 538 anymore! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
FFXSoul91 1,100 Posted September 6, 2024 Share Posted September 6, 2024 17 hours ago, Neroneau said: He was also wrong in 2016. Said Hillary will win , and when trump won he was like “I was about the popular votes not the college 🥸” No, he initially said Trump would win the popular vote too and he was wrong about that part. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lanadelduck 2,065 Posted September 6, 2024 Share Posted September 6, 2024 19 hours ago, Morphine Prince said: 2000 So funny bc that election was actually stolen. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lanadelduck 2,065 Posted September 6, 2024 Share Posted September 6, 2024 8 hours ago, Morphine Prince said: Nate Silver on Peter Thiel’s payroll and you can clearly tell. Totally. Nate sold out. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lanadelduck 2,065 Posted September 6, 2024 Share Posted September 6, 2024 7 hours ago, PartySick said: I don't really know much about him other than he runs FiveThirtyEight and likes to gamble but there are some serious cat fights going on in the political world Mostly 'cause hopium exhausts me and I'm sprinting away from the "oh she's got this" feeling. It's sobering to ignore all the Democratic "yasss" content in favor of the "gee, I dunno guys, it's tight and it's tough" stuff But also 'cause I have about 8 hours to fill every day at work and I'm jumping between audiobooks and political podcasts lmao. When I say "Republican podcasts", I mean people like The Bulwark. Real conservatives that despise Trump and are actively working to get Kamala elected. They have interesting takes and it's good to step outside my own little leftist echo chamber every once in a while to get in some alternate ways of thinking that I don't despise and won't make my skin crawl One of them, Sarah Longwell, from the few times I've heard her go off, I kinda have to stan the last rant I listened to she was pissed that more Republicans wouldn't just be honest and go a step beyond disavowing Trump to actively support Harris. And these are people who've worked on campaigns before. One of the hosts worked with Obama as a script writer I believe. Dunno, still learning them This isn't an endorsement of them though, idk if they have any scandals, they're just fun to listen to So FYI abc bought out 538 and Nate now has his own thing but he’s bankrolled by Peter now Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
MOT 3,664 Posted September 6, 2024 Share Posted September 6, 2024 8 hours ago, PartySick said: I don't really know much about him other than he runs FiveThirtyEight and likes to gamble but there are some serious cat fights going on in the political world Mostly 'cause hopium exhausts me and I'm sprinting away from the "oh she's got this" feeling. It's sobering to ignore all the Democratic "yasss" content in favor of the "gee, I dunno guys, it's tight and it's tough" stuff But also 'cause I have about 8 hours to fill every day at work and I'm jumping between audiobooks and political podcasts lmao. When I say "Republican podcasts", I mean people like The Bulwark. Real conservatives that despise Trump and are actively working to get Kamala elected. They have interesting takes and it's good to step outside my own little leftist echo chamber every once in a while to get in some alternate ways of thinking that I don't despise and won't make my skin crawl One of them, Sarah Longwell, from the few times I've heard her go off, I kinda have to stan the last rant I listened to she was pissed that more Republicans wouldn't just be honest and go a step beyond disavowing Trump to actively support Harris. And these are people who've worked on campaigns before. One of the hosts worked with Obama as a script writer I believe. Dunno, still learning them This isn't an endorsement of them though, idk if they have any scandals, they're just fun to listen to Yeah, I'm a big fan of the Bulwark. They are Republicans (actual ones) by nature, but they are horrified by maga and accept that the Republican party they used to belong to is gone, so now it's all about stopping Trump, and that means helping Harris. They come across as good people and they have fun on the show. They would describe themselves as conservative (I think) but within that both Sarah Longwell and Tim Miller are raising children in same-sex marriages. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
PartySick 175,045 Posted September 6, 2024 Share Posted September 6, 2024 6 hours ago, Morphine Prince said: Nate Silver does not run 538 anymore! 5 hours ago, Lanadelduck said: So FYI abc bought out 538 and Nate now has his own thing but he’s bankrolled by Peter now Had no idea Whimsical bitch Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
guacamole 61 Posted September 6, 2024 Share Posted September 6, 2024 VOTE VOTE VOTE If you dont know how to register or think you might not be able to DM ME! I volunteer for the Harris campaign and I can get you a ton of resources to exercise your right to vote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Whigney Houstan 1,267 Posted September 6, 2024 Share Posted September 6, 2024 This race is going to be soooo insanely close. Make sure you're registered, y'all. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.