💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

movie

Joker 2 receives 11 minute standing ovation at Venice

mamo

Featured Posts

LaLa
2 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

... ok, I don't want to be that person, but I dislike his vibe. I understand being in the public eye isn't for everyone, but I'm pretty sure there's a nicer way of going about things. He doesn't want to be there and clearly has no intention of pretending otherwise, if only out of respect for his crew and the audience. I don't know if he's always been that way, but these Venice vids on the heels of the Todd Haynes movie debacle don't paint a pretty picture.

oh yes, he's always been this way, it's his normal personality :franminervini:

plane jane
1 minute ago, HelloHangoverz said:

OMG i can't sexualize him, he reminds me of Brian from Family Guy :enigma:

:air:

a boring pretentious str8 man… what more could you possibly ask for though? :giveup:

StarstruckIllusion
12 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

An 11 minute standing O

on the day DWAS reaches 11 million Spotify streams for the first time

Plus this post being 11 minutes old…

the success is meant to be 💕

• YAAAS 1
  • Shook 1

elijahfan
1 minute ago, LaLa said:

oh yes, he's always been this way, it's his normal personality :franminervini:

Damn, Gaga must've had a fun shoot :cryga:

I do remember that time he pretended to retire and debuted his rap persona on talk shows... I don't know why I'm surprised today.

• LMAO 1

Auralegends
33 minutes ago, Rahrahbitchson said:

Is this good? How much minutes was the most standing ovation ever? Did ASIB got more minutes? 

ASIB got 8 minutes if I remember correctly

RenegAde

I remember her bowling her eyes out and leaning on Bradley during ASIB standing ovation 

• Thanks 1

Killa

Lol this Is a theater thing. 

The cast comes at the end of the show 

Its funny, you entrr salute, exit entrr salute until exaustion

• Like 1

Schwerk
14 minutes ago, LastNight said:

In Variety’s reel you can hear some of Gaga singing during the credits: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C_gg3iDSlkb/?igsh=emc0OHQ5bGZxdWEw

It sounds so good! Does anyone recognize this song or is it an original?

By the way, it seems to me Joaquin is saying to Gaga that their clapping mostly for her. Because her reaction is a bit bashfull and she says: "No, they're not. That's insane."...."You think so? No, it's not." I dunno, her body language seems like that's what's going on.

Or he mentioned to her that the clapping is gonna last more than 10 minutes.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch
  • Like 1

RAMROD
35 minutes ago, Gagaism said:

Did HoG had any, does anybody know? :flippy:

HoG doesn't premiere at Venice, Joker:FAD is Gaga's 2nd time at Venice Film Festival :flower:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ...𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒹𝒾𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝒶 𝓈𝓂𝒾𝓁𝑒 (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Thanks 1

Bronco
32 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

... ok, I don't want to be that person, but I dislike his vibe. I understand being in the public eye isn't for everyone, but I'm pretty sure there's a nicer way of going about things. He doesn't want to be there and clearly has no intention of pretending otherwise, if only out of respect for his crew and the audience. I don't know if he's always been that way, but these Venice vids on the heels of the Todd Haynes movie debacle don't paint a pretty picture.

Yeah there's a growing negative press vibe around him. If they don't get on top of it, it will definitely cost them any chance of the Best Picture nom and kill his Best Actor nom. 

Reviews indicate Gaga should definitely be in line for a nom though but looks like Tilda Swinton/Julianne Moore are emerging as the lead favourites for the Best Actress category. Will all depend on who gets put forward for what tbf

NATAH

side note: is joker doing more red carpet events like HoG did? can we look forward to more looks?

mother, what must i do?

Robo Ga

Whose flop job is it to stand around with a timer while they clap :giveup: 

Edited by Robo Ga
🤖⚡️
  • LMAO 4

Real Panda
13 minutes ago, NATAH said:

side note: is joker doing more red carpet events like HoG did? can we look forward to more looks?

She's doing a press talk later thats all I know. The photo with the LG7 lead single says she has a Press Junket a day after the Venice Premiere and Panel talk.

StrawberryBlond

I don't put much stock in these things but this is more than amazing, surely? Would you rather they clapped for 3 seconds just out of politeness? 11 minutes is excessive, they won't be fake for that length of time. This definitely means it won't be a panned movie at the very least. Comparing the length of standing ovations and what it means is such a little monster thing to do. :laughga:

31 minutes ago, Bronco said:

Yeah there's a growing negative press vibe around him. If they don't get on top of it, it will definitely cost them any chance of the Best Picture nom and kill his Best Actor nom. 

I don't think he's really gunning for an Oscar this time around. It's very difficult for you to win an Oscar for a sequel. It's seen as unfair to award the same performance twice when other actors are doing a once-off moment. The sequel usually wins less by default so I don't think he minds as much. He's been dealing with quitting a movie project just 2 weeks before shooting, there's probably a lot he has to deal with that go beyond a premiere right now.

Gagaism
1 hour ago, Jase said:

Comparing the amount of ovation minutes between ASIB, HOG, and Joker 2 is honestly sending me into orbit  :air: 

But feels like this standing ovation thing is becoming some kind of competition for the last years and it will only get worse me thinks? I don’t remember this thing being so talked before as it is now.