Featured Posts

VTV
Edited by VTV
The Lady and the Legend coming soon.
  • Like 1
  • Love 9

• VTV changed the title to Gaga: FAD isn't really a musical
Didymus

Odd, 'cause I just read like 10 reviews that said the songs are of basically no consequence to the characters nor the story.

I guess ASIB wasn't a musical either, yada yada. But I'm interested to hear her interpretation of the songs anyway.

• Like 1

Red

Ok Lady GaGaslight

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 14
  • Thanks 1

HelloHangoverz

I think the PR and messaging here is so messy and poorly executed. If it's not a musical, then stop talking about the music so much. Just let it be. If it's about people's inner soundtracks to their lives, let it be that. No need to advertise a musical element, then row back a little bit to keep the incels on board, whilst not alienating the gays....All a bit sloppy.  You can't be all things to all people

Edited by HelloHangoverz
sometimes he saw his real face, and sometimes a stranger in his place
  • Like 4
  • LMAO 1

LG2008
6 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Odd, 'cause I just read like 10 reviews that said the songs are of basically no consequence to the characters nor the story.

WHAT? :traumatica:

Meredith Grey

I remember it came out earlier in the year that studios “hide” that films are musicals in their trailers because audiences are less likely to see a movie for that reason. I wonder if the studio wants them to distance the movie from being categorized as one…

• Like 1

Kimmo

Them trying to explain why FAD is not a musical is like Katy trying to explain why she worked with Dr Luke… 

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91tevyi3th8mfazt0s60c8vcozrra66e8c9qasp9vv&ep=v1_gifs_username&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Hottie Detector
  • LMAO 12

TMM90
2 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

Them trying to explain why FAD is not a musical is like Katy trying to explain why she worked with Dr Luke… 

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91tevyi3th8mfazt0s60c8vcozrra66e8c9qasp9vv&ep=v1_gifs_username&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

I would pay to see Katy try.

VTV
2 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

maam thats not-

Ladle Ghoulash
6 minutes ago, HelloHangoverz said:

I think the PR and messaging here is so messy and poorly executed. If it's not a musical, then stop talking about the music so much. Just let it be. If it's about people's inner soundtracks to their lives, let it be that. No need to advertise a musical element, then row back a little bit to keep the incels on board, whilst not alienating the gays....All a bit sloppy.  You can't be all things to all people

Yeah, just embrace it as a musical and call it a day imo. Sick of people stigmatizing movie musicals lol

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Hydrangea
8 minutes ago, HelloHangoverz said:

Not keeping the incels on board :icant:

it really does feel like they’re trying to please everyone all at once 

I’m a bad friend
  • Thanks 1

gagzus

Am I the only person who thinks this makes perfect sense though? A musical implies that the music leads the story, comes out of nowhere and suddenly every scene becomes a choreographed and perfected segment almost. Where as I think what she’s saying here is that their insanity and almost “sloppiness” makes it impossible for that to happen and after all they’re psychos who just randomly start singing in public and fantasising. (Think your local meth addict on the street).

Thats what I’ve got from this. I would imagine it’s similar to ASIB where the music is integral but not fore-frontal. 

Edited by gagzus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

VTV
Just now, TMM90 said:

I would pay to see Katy try.

• Like 1