celeb

Hunter Schafer for W Magazine - Sept 2024

phantasmas

Featured Posts

phantasmas

2317366-800w.jpg

For her latest project, Blade Runner 2099, Schafer has spent a considerable amount of time on the television sequel’s elaborate sets fleshing out the interior life of her character, about which she’s not at liberty to say anything at the moment. “It takes a few hours to paint these scenes, but I’ve realized on the other side of it that I spent three hours inside of this world that I never would’ve gotten to had I not sat down and picked out each little detail.”

The industry peers Schafer admires most—Michaela Coel, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, and Lena Dunham—are world-builders like herself, with a hand in every part of the creative process, from writing to directing to, of course, acting. Coel, in particular, with whom Schafer worked on A24’s forthcoming feature Mother Mary, has built a body of work that she yearns to emulate. “I love the way she looks at the world, and what she has to say,” Schafer says, encouraging me to watch Coel’s first comedy TV series, Chewing Gum. “I loved her book, Misfits: A Personal Manifesto. I’m very happy to call her a friend now.”

Interview: https://www.wmagazine.com/culture/hunter-schafer-cover-interview-cuckoo-euphoria