life

Lady Gaga says she's a huge Chappel Roan fan

Real Panda

Featured Posts

Lucas
31 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

I don't hate Chappell but really can't see what's so great about her.

Maybe Gaga just wants to support her?

I doubt she'd be impressed by her either :huntyga:

I'm genuinely not hating, it's just that to me she's just a younger, gayer Taylor Swift

all the new artists are overrated. Let's not forget that people were calling Meghan Trainor the new Lady Gaga back then :laughga:

Edited by Lucas

TheOriginalOne

Chappel reminds me so much of young Gaga. I can see her going far. Love that Gaga is so supportive of younger artists :kiss:

• Like 2

Vengaboy
27 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

I don't hate Chappell but really can't see what's so great about her.

edgy opinion. and ofc you're entitled to it. I think Chappell is a refreshing and much needed breeze in the pop world. she's got the writing skills and performance magic that we haven't seen in a while and whether you like her or not I think the facts speaks for themselves :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

SHALLOW
28 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

You said this in every threads about Gaga and Chappell. Why are you this bothered? Are you sure you're not a hater of her?  :brat:

Well it's my way of saying you guys should enjoy her but also take her for what she is, and no, she's not the next Lady Gaga

Edited by SHALLOW

SHALLOW
16 minutes ago, Lucas said:

all the new artists are overrated. Let's not forget that people were calling Meghan Trainor the new Lady Gaga back then :laughga:

I mean, they see a new "gay" artist or an artists that wears stuff that's a bit more unusual and she's immediately the next Lady Gaga? It doesn't work like that. No one has really had Gaga's impact. Sure, a lot of artists definitely surpassed Gaga in terms of success but not in cultural impact, which is what we're going to remember years from now.

SHALLOW
13 minutes ago, Vengaboy said:

edgy opinion. and ofc you're entitled to it. I think Chappell is a refreshing and much needed breeze in the pop world. she's got the writing skills and performance magic that we haven't seen in a while and whether you like her or not I think the facts speaks for themselves :) 

Good voice. Songs are good only if you enjoy Taylor Swift's type of music.

Her style is just non existent. She just puts on random stuff and looks like any other drag queen.

I guess i have higher standards but i definitely wouldn't compare her to Gaga, not even in 10 years

• LMAO 1

YoungWildCanadian

Lady Gaga chose kindness in that moment - not letting her experience with someone she looked up to dictate how she would treat those that look up to her. ♥️

YoungWildCanadian
  • Love 1

plane jane

I’m so glad Gaga has taste and can appreciate real new talents unlike some of her nasty and annoying fans :giveup:

Gaga and Chappell 4ever!!! 

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 2

Hydrangea

I don’t get the comparisons to Taylor swift? Chappell songs actually mean something and she can sing and dance and she isn’t a desperate capitalist. Plus I bet Chappell would denounce trump using her image immediately :icant:

I’m a bad friend
  • Like 7

gagzus

Although I’m not a fan of her music, I’m glad Gaga is being to the people who grew up with her (Sam Smith, Billie Ellish, Ariana, Chappell) what Madonna never was to her. 

Psyduck
44 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

I mean, they see a new "gay" artist or an artists that wears stuff that's a bit more unusual and she's immediately the next Lady Gaga? It doesn't work like that. No one has really had Gaga's impact. Sure, a lot of artists definitely surpassed Gaga in terms of success but not in cultural impact, which is what we're going to remember years from now.

No new artist in Today (atleast post 2016) has surpassed Gaga in terms of success. Maybe commercial/streams but not so much, Gaga is still trailing behind them. 

Gaga is more on cultural impact, influence, and showcasing talent - No new artist is like that. 

keep on looking for Psyduck
  • Like 2

Real Panda
50 minutes ago, Psyduck said:

No new artist in Today (atleast post 2016) has surpassed Gaga in terms of success. Maybe commercial/streams but not so much, Gaga is still trailing behind them. 

Gaga is more on cultural impact, influence, and showcasing talent - No new artist is like that. 

Agreed. ❤️

Zaskar
2 hours ago, Didymus said:

It was only four years later that she said anything remotely negative and that was blown out of proportion hardcore too

While you are right about Madge supporting Gaga in her debut (their SNL skit :icant:), the negative wasn’t a one time thing. That :reductive: interview aside, she also performed Born this way/Express Yourself mashup ending with “She’s not me” on her tour.

it wasn’t blown out of proportion but she, Madonna, made sure that it blew out of proportion 

• Thanks 1

IllusionLover
2 hours ago, SHALLOW said:

I'm genuinely not hating, it's just that to me she's just a younger, gayer Taylor Swift

Ariana Grande And What About It GIF

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

SHALLOW
9 minutes ago, IllusionLover said:

Ariana Grande And What About It GIF

Well, if a gay TS is your thing, then it's great.

Still, not as groundbreaking as people make her seem.

I feel like people are so easily impressed by artists that are just good, but not that amazing or extraordinary