Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
series

DRAGON BALL DAIMA Announces October Release Date.

OliviaRodrigoStan

Featured Posts

OliviaRodrigoStan

Akira Toriyama's last creative endeavor, Dragon Ball Daima, is set to release on October this year, according to the latest trailer posted by Toei Animation: 

Daima, seems to be the mangaka's own personal take on Dragon Ball GT's concept, following the adventures of the ever innocent Goku, in a younger body. The author, who passed away earlier this year, left millions of fans across the globe mourning the loss. 

A testament to his legacy, crowds in Argentina gathered in public areas to honor the artist, participating in a massive Genkidama:

lg.webp

Are you excited for Dragon Ball's latest incarnation besties? :classy:

n240719000-4en_2.jpg?_=1725378300

I think the project is for little kids, but I'm gonna watch it anyways :whitney:

HEART OF EVER-FROST
  • Love 4

SHALLOW

I don't like it. Also i hope it doesn't make GT officially non canon. Still, i think I'll watch it anyway 

OliviaRodrigoStan
4 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

I don't like it. Also i hope it doesn't make GT officially non canon.

Dragon Ball Super pretty much did that already. Even if technically Super takes place before GT events, the fact that it incorporated tons of transformations, techniques and new characters, already makes it impossible to fit with GT. 

Super is now the canonical sequel, in animated form, of Z. Daima... I don't know where it would stand. 

I see it as a "what if" TBH, it seems like a reboot, for a younger audience. I don't think it was planned as a sequel to Super. Super has its own manga, and has several arcs that are yet to be animated, and have nothing to do with Daima. 

To me this is like a Dragon Ball reboot, but for 6 year olds, like the first anime was. 

HEART OF EVER-FROST
  • Like 1

River

I still wonder where tf I can watch it in Europe 

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

Flippy

Tbh the only thing I liked about DB was the music. I was never a fan :bradley: But happy for the fans! :party: Trunks will forever be a fave of mine! 

Plus the GT song in Spanish/Japanese are the best :traumatica:

The lyrics are so beautiful 

Literally the same in Spanish :bradley:

Edited by Flippy
TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22
  • Love 1

newtti
59 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

I don't like it. Also i hope it doesn't make GT officially non canon. Still, i think I'll watch it anyway 

GT has never been canon 😅

• Like 1

OliviaRodrigoStan
10 minutes ago, River said:

I still wonder where tf I can watch it in Europe 

I think Crunchyroll will be the official platform for the western region. If you can understand spanish though, there's probably lots of websites you can watch it from, Latin America DOES NOT PLAY when it comes to Dragon Ball, they're gonna have it translated 4 hours max, after it premieres in Japan :brat:

I think for Dragon Ball Super's finale, the Toei sent a "cease and desist" to Mexican authorities because they were having public screenings of the episode, illegally, and the mexican government didn't gave AF, and continued with the illegal screenings as planned :ladyhaha:

It literally was a culturally relevant event for our countries, lol. I think there were public screenings in Chile and Peru too :classy:

HEART OF EVER-FROST
  • YAAAS 1

River
20 minutes ago, OliviaRodrigoStan said:

I think Crunchyroll will be the official platform for the western region. If you can understand spanish though, there's probably lots of websites you can watch it from, Latin America DOES NOT PLAY when it comes to Dragon Ball, they're gonna have it translated 4 hours max, after it premieres in Japan :brat:

I think for Dragon Ball Super's finale, the Toei sent a "cease and desist" to Mexican authorities because they were having public screenings of the episode, illegally, and the mexican government didn't gave AF, and continued with the illegal screenings as planned :ladyhaha:

It literally was a culturally relevant event for our countries, lol. I think there were public screenings in Chile and Peru too :classy:

I think crunchyroll only does the french dub here :franminervini:

I was in costa rica during the final, I watched it at a screening, it was with spanish subs so I didn't understand anything lol but the atmosphere was awesome, then I went to the english sub screening and it was even better

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Love 2

OliviaRodrigoStan
31 minutes ago, Flippy said:

Tbh the only thing I liked about DB was the music. I was never a fan :bradley: But happy for the fans! :party: Trunks will forever be a fave of mine! 

Plus the GT song in Spanish/Japanese are the best :traumatica:

The lyrics are so beautiful 

Literally the same in Spanish :bradley:

No, that's valid because it really is a beautiful song, lol. I love it in every version, the japanese original, the english version, and my personal favorite is a rare chilean version, that was recorded for a VHS release, before Dragon Ball GT was officially dubbed for the region. 

It just has a very special feeling, and I think the lyrics were better translated. It's kinda sad that it's such an obscure recording, cause it's so good: 

I think every Dragon Ball fan will admit the song is the best opening the franchise ever had, regardless of how they feel about GT. 

And I feel similarly about Digimon's opening, I'm sorry, but Koji Wada's "Butter-Fly" makes me cry every single time, IT HITS ME IN THE FEELS :traumatica:

The lyrics are so deep for a children show, WTF :cryga:

HEART OF EVER-FROST
  • YAAAS 1

PartySick
50 minutes ago, newtti said:

GT has never been canon 😅

GT > Super

I said it :nails:

This man alone just

74c8900d589596d8b48abdd315ce7cc0.gif

5 foot tall retired genocidal alien prince space monkey man can bed me any day :heat:

I recently learned that they basically had to redo everything for GT after releasing the first dozen or so episodes :messga: that combined with the lack of source material meant poor execution of some really great ideas.

The original return to the Dragon Ball feeling but on a galactic scale, the Baby Saga :tony:, Super 17 was there...the Shadow Dragon Saga was just :bradley: SSJ4 Gogeta can also smash :bradley:

There's no need to be so serious! You're gonna die some day!
  • YAAAS 1

Flippy
22 minutes ago, OliviaRodrigoStan said:

No, that's valid because it really is a beautiful song, lol. I love it in every version, the japanese original, the english version, and my personal favorite is a rare chilean version, that was recorded for a VHS release, before Dragon Ball GT was officially dubbed for the region. 

It just has a very special feeling, and I think the lyrics were better translated. It's kinda sad that it's such an obscure recording, cause it's so good: 

I think every Dragon Ball fan will admit the song is the best opening the franchise ever had, regardless of how they feel about GT. 

And I feel similarly about Digimon's opening, I'm sorry, but Koji Wada's "Butter-Fly" makes me cry every single time, IT HITS ME IN THE FEELS :traumatica:

The lyrics are so deep for a children show, WTF :cryga:

Ok but thank you for sharing that version! I had never heard it omg :bradley: Crying tbh! It’s so beautiful :traumatica: “Siempre finjo que no me importa, el amor impide mi derrota” :giveup: omg That’s deep! 

Do NOT get me started on Butter-Fly omg :cryga:  Literally both of these songs are on my top 5 favorite anime songs ever omg :nooo:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22
  • Love 1

Starmie25
21 minutes ago, PartySick said:

there...the Shadow Dragon Saga was

Twas about time they suffered the consequences for over using the dragonball wishes. :bye:

OliviaRodrigoStan
5 minutes ago, PartySick said:

This man alone just

74c8900d589596d8b48abdd315ce7cc0.gif

5 foot tall retired genocidal alien prince space monkey man can bed me any day :heat:

Fanboys get triggered when I say it because they don't like the haircut, but GT Vegeta is peak Vegeta in terms of design.

This is sexual harrassment: 

807fb262d30a4332dfc2e932d6a85ee9.jpg

This is flirting: 

QSY3SX72NFFUPNY6FXFYMTHCME.jpg

There is a difference. Super has yet to match GT Vegeta's drip, it is what it is :iamfair:

7 minutes ago, Flippy said:

Ok but thank you for sharing that version! I had never heard it omg :bradley: Crying tbh! It’s so beautiful :traumatica: “Siempre finjo que no me importa, el amor impide mi derrota” :giveup: omg That’s deep!

His performance has so much feeling to it too :traumatica:

8 minutes ago, Flippy said:

Do NOT get me started on Butter-Fly omg :cryga:  Literally both of these songs are on my top 5 favorite anime songs ever omg :nooo:

I literally cried when Koji Wada passed away

kim kardashian GIF

The fact that on his global Spotify account only Butter-Fly is available without his vocals :cryga: that's so poetic to me, his voice is gone, but the music remains :traumatica:

HEART OF EVER-FROST