celeb

Ticketmaster’s ‘Dynamic Pricing’ for Oasis Tickets Set to be Investigated by U.K. Gov

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Catnikko

Yah i saw there were people who waiting all day from like 90k in the queue and by the time they got to the ticket buying part they were like 500-5k in price :air: 

Dance in the shadow of the meow
  • Like 1
  • Shook 3

Hydrangea

They were 150 at point and then labeled in demand and shot up to 350 plus lmao. We’re all dreading winter this year in the U.K. because of energy bills and old people having their help cut but sure people have nearly £400 disposable income :triggered: ticket master are delusional

I’m a bad friend
  • Like 1

chromaticainmyhead

Dynamic should be illegal imo it's happening more and more that companies use these mechanisms. In my region, where a train ticket used to have cost 30 euros all the time is now literally so expansive at frequent times that I don't use the train at all. It also is becoming more frequent in grocery stores to use digital price tag with dynamic pricing and I fear it's just the same playbook

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay
  • Like 3

Ack1234

Don’t know what all the fuss was about !They can’t work together so it will get cancelled.Believe it was oasis that changed the prices so ticketmaster are saying ,

Ack1234
Just now, chromaticainmyhead said:

Dynamic should be illegal imo it's happening more and more that companies use these mechanisms. In my region, where a train ticket used to have cost 30 euros all the time is now literally so expansive at frequent times that I don't use the train at all. It also is becoming more frequent in grocery stores to use digital price tag with dynamic pricing and I fear it's just the same playbook

Like Uber 

• Like 1

ImMatt

As shocking as the ticketmaster fiasco is, it was quite funny seeing the Oasis fans having a strop about £150 for a ticket. People who clearly haven't been to a gig since the 90s are only just realising how much the rest of us have to pay to see any major artist or band now...

• Like 2

Lucas
5 minutes ago, ImMatt said:

As shocking as the ticketmaster fiasco is, it was quite funny seeing the Oasis fans having a strop about £150 for a ticket. People who clearly haven't been to a gig since the 90s are only just realising how much the rest of us have to pay to see any major artist or band now...

Yeah. We are literally being scammed nowadays, no wonder why artists keep breaking grossings records.

• Like 3

elijahfan
6 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Yeah. We are literally being scammed nowadays, no wonder why artists keep breaking grossings records.

I mean, that's what we got for living in the streaming world... artists have to turn a profit some way or another. The real scandal is companies like Ticketmaster literally doing whatever they want.

• Like 1

River

I honestly would prefer if tickets won't be transfarable, so scalpers would stop abusing the system, and just to pay a small fee, someone else will buy my ticket anyway and they can make some extra money from the cancellation fee, everyone is happy

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Like 1

Daenerys
36 minutes ago, Ack1234 said:

Don’t know what all the fuss was about !They can’t work together so it will get cancelled.Believe it was oasis that changed the prices so ticketmaster are saying ,

No, it is Ticketmaster. They’ve been through litigation time and time again because of their greedy dynamic prices. It’s happened with Beyoncé, Gaga, Taylor and now Oasis. They’re currently under investigation in the US for breaking anti-trust laws because of their dynamic pricing. Oasis themselves stated all tickets should be sold at face value and no higher. 

Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen

androiduser

when the tickets are sold for these high prices, is the profit shared between Ticketmaster and the performer? I doubt that performers let Ticketmaster pocket the 500% profit all for themselves.