opinion

Lady Gaga Can't Get Over Exposed! So Stop Worrying!

Economy

Featured Posts

Economy

Ive heard a few times ppl casually mention for Gaga not to get over exposed and I kinda wanna give my 2 cents on why I think at this point in time thats next to impossible

#1, First of all 2024 is a little different from 2010/2011 when Gaga got over exposed. The internet is a lot more personalized in your algorithms which means although really big stars (Like Taylor Swift) will still be seen by everyone, they will not be shuvved down your throat to the same degree as 15 years ago when everyone on the internet had the exact same ads and video suggestions in your face. If you do not like an artist, you will not see them as much as someone who does!

#2 Gaga has not had a major hit since Rain On Me (4 years ago already) and Gucci was not exactly a huge hit movie either. She has not had major exposure in a long time, so its not a few hits in a row (DWAS and hopefully some on LG7) and 1 big movie (Joker 2) that are suddenly gonna make her over exposed if she gets a lot of attention for 1 year or so

#3 Over exposure is actually very rare and very difficult to achieve. Its an issue almost exclusive to new Mega stars that explode into the scene very quickly and are everywhere for like 2 or 3 years straight. Gaga may have achieved this from 2009 to 2011, but at this point in a more mature phase of her career, it would be difficult for her to sustain extreme popularity for a long enough time period to become over exposed again

#4 How easily u get over exposed also depends on how easily you get on ppls nerves (Taylor Swift who is easier to digest by GP is taking a long time to burn out from over exposure, and Katy Perry in her prime never suffered to the degree Gaga did despite being in a peak for a longer period of time than Gaga). Gaga on the other hand was the weird girl that appeared desperate for attention to many and the GP was totally over her by late 2011. Now however shes highly respected and proven herself to be talanted and not successful just because of controversy. It would take a lot more to annoy people now.

So do not worry. I do not think over exposure is an existing risk for Gaga even if the next 6-12 months are HIGHLY successful. Shes just nowhere near it!

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Red
5 minutes ago, Economy said:

they will not be shuvved down your throat to the same degree as 15 years ago when everyone on the internet had the exact same ads and video suggestions in your face. If you do not like an artist, you will not see them as much as someone who does

Except they will? I don’t remember the last time I actively looked something about Taylor Swift up and I almost know the color of the underwear she is using right now

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • Like 1

Economy
8 minutes ago, Red said:

Except they will? I don’t remember the last time I actively looked something about Taylor Swift up and I almost know the color of the underwear she is using right now

I literally said and acknowleged that someone that big will still be seen everywhere, its just that it was even worse 15 years ago and now u gotta be pretty darn huge to be in everyones faces all the time so its not exactly the same...  I doubt Gaga will reach that Taylor Swift level fame this time around required to bypass all these algorithms, and if she did it wouldnt be for too long

Also u do not need to search up the exact artist to be suggested Taylor Swift. If ur in the realm of pop music and pop forums like Gagadaily and theres threads about Taylor here too on top of that the internet knows that :enigma:

Edited by Economy
  • Like 1

Togekiss

I think maybe you’re right.

The OGHs will be obnoxious no matter what but Gaga does have a generally better reputation with streets than she did back at that time.

360 > 143
  • Like 2

TheOriginalOne

So many videos reacting to DWAS have people mentioning things along the lines of “Gaga’s comeback” and “where has she been”. I am genuinely surprised the thought of overexposure is even crossing anyone’s mind. 

• Like 1

Bronco
22 minutes ago, Red said:

I mean you're a regular user of this site, which doesn't have tailored algorithims and for the better part of this year was filled with Taylor Swift threads & threads about Taylor Swift threads lol 
So then the internet stores information that you look at Taylor Swift info and then shows it to you 

• Like 1

Lucas

I don't think she'll get overexposed any time soon.

The success of Rain On Me was mostly thanks to Ariana and the success of DWAS is also due mostly from Bruno.

I think LG7 will perform slightly better than Chromatica and that's it, I don't expect Gaga or Interscope to promote to the point she will be overexposed

• Like 2

Red
12 minutes ago, Bronco said:

I mean you're a regular user of this site, which doesn't have tailored algorithims and for the better part of this year was filled with Taylor Swift threads & threads about Taylor Swift threads lol 
So then the internet stores information that you look at Taylor Swift info and then shows it to you 

I had to blacklist her name on instagram’s suggestion settings :cryga:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • LMAO 2
  • Thanks 1

weed

Gaga could do every single television show today and be payola'd to death and she wouldn't be half as close as her peak of exposure back in 2009-11.

Over exposure cannot happen to Gaga, I agree. Maybe people won't like her? but not over-exposure

• Like 2

Economy
32 minutes ago, TheOriginalOne said:

So many videos reacting to DWAS have people mentioning things along the lines of “Gaga’s comeback” and “where has she been”. I am genuinely surprised the thought of overexposure is even crossing anyone’s mind. 

I dont think many of us think that but a few have said it

Economy
17 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I don't think she'll get overexposed any time soon.

The success of Rain On Me was mostly thanks to Ariana and the success of DWAS is also due mostly from Bruno.

I think LG7 will perform slightly better than Chromatica and that's it, I don't expect Gaga or Interscope to promote to the point she will be overexposed

My thoughts exactly

Economy
2 minutes ago, weed said:

Gaga could do every single television show today and be payola'd to death and she wouldn't be half as close as her peak of exposure back in 2009-11.

Over exposure cannot happen to Gaga, I agree. Maybe people won't like her? but not over-exposure

Tbh, over exposure is actually really tough to get. Id say only a handful of artists experience it to any degree each decade. Its by nature difficult to reach such an extreme level of fame and popularity that u get over exposed

• Like 1

Bronco
3 minutes ago, Economy said:

Tbh, over exposure is actually really tough to get. Id say only a handful of artists experience it to any degree each decade. Its by nature difficult to reach such an extreme level of fame and popularity that u get over exposed

I'd also say its incredibly harder for women in the industry to reach that level the older they get

Catnikko

There's people worrying about Gaga being over exposed? :fatcat: this isn't 2011

Dance in the shadow of the meow