music news

Sabrina Carpenter releases new version of her album with bonus track

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Flippy

Cardi B Popcorn GIF

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22
  • LMAO 3

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• faysalaaa

• NATAH

• Teletubby

• plane jane

Popular Days

plane jane

wait, Travis is pulling more physical copies than Sabrina atm? oh wow. 

Scarlet Witch

I see she went to the Taylor Swift Academy of Tortured Infinite Variants Music Department

• LMAO 2

bionic
9 minutes ago, plane jane said:

I thought you were better than this… 

i love halfway between fantasy and reality

buy bionic
  • LMAO 1

NATAH
19 minutes ago, faysalaaa said:

Sorry English is not my first language lol

Im trying to say that if all singers release 100 variants of their albums, the fans that will buy the variant version arent enough to make the album chart like Taylor, and they wont be buying all 100 variants.

The reason why Taylor can do it is because there is a huge demand of wanting more Taylor, and people are willing to buy.

i don't think taylor being more famous makes her exempt from cheating, actually it makes it worse and even more of a cheat because she's weaponizing a huge fanbase to maintain a number 1, blocking those with much smaller fanbases

mother, what must i do?

Teletubby
17 minutes ago, Bronco said:

Comparing this week's TTPD sales to Sabrina Carpenter's 1st week sales for the album is stupid.

i didn't compare her sales to Sabrina's first week.

My red fur tastes like Coca~Cola My eyes are wide like 🍒 pies I gots a taste for men who are married
  • Like 1

faysalaaa
15 minutes ago, NATAH said:

i don't think taylor being more famous makes her exempt from cheating, actually it makes it worse and even more of a cheat because she's weaponizing a huge fanbase to maintain a number 1, blocking those with much smaller fanbases

I did not say Taylor being famous makes her exempt from cheating, I said Taylor can release multiple versions of her album because there is a high demand which allows her to do it. Sabrina can release 100 versions and nobody will buy it. So none of this is cheating..

Cheating would be tricking your fans into buying your merch and tour tickets and attacking it to your album sales to manipulate the charts. Just like how Nicki Minaj attacked Travis Scott for cheating his album sales.

NATAH
6 minutes ago, faysalaaa said:

I did not say Taylor being famous makes her exempt from cheating, I said Taylor can release multiple versions of her album because there is a high demand which allows her to do it.

??

1 hour ago, faysalaaa said:

The free market allows Taylor to do it, while it doesnt allow other celebrities to do it, so its not cheating in my opinion.

I dont like Taylor, or the idea of variants, but I dont think its cheating.

mother, what must i do?
  • LMAO 1

faysalaaa
6 minutes ago, NATAH said:

??

Where is the contradiction? Im saying its not cheating in all my comments

NATAH
43 minutes ago, faysalaaa said:

Where is the contradiction? Im saying its not cheating in all my comments

but how is taylor doing it NOT cheating when she has the bigger fanbase? surely that makes her the biggest cheat of them all cus she's using her big loyal fanbase to secure weeks at number 1?

mother, what must i do?

faysalaaa
1 minute ago, NATAH said:

but how is taylor doing it NOT cheating when she has the bigger fanbase? surely that makes her the biggest cheat of them all cus she's using her big loyal fanbase to secure weeks at number 1?

Charts are based on fans willing to buy and stream your music. Taylors fans are willing to do it, while other singers fans are not willing to do it. So I dont see where the logic is that this is cheating.

NATAH
5 minutes ago, faysalaaa said:

Charts are based on fans willing to buy and stream your music. Taylors fans are willing to do it, while other singers fans are not willing to do it. So I dont see where the logic is that this is cheating.

cus it blocks those with smaller fanbases from reaching number 1 cus she's weaponising her huge fanbase

mother, what must i do?

faysalaaa
4 minutes ago, NATAH said:

cus it blocks those with smaller fanbases from reaching number 1 cus she's weaponising her huge fanbase

The free market allows Taylor to release multiple versions because there is a demand for it, its not cheating, the market decides this. I guess we just disagree..

Bronco
3 minutes ago, NATAH said:

I mean Music charts are nothing but a capitalist notion that the person who sells more is better. 

If you care about music charts but complain when acts use the music market to get the best of the charts for themselves - why do you care about the charts? 

Every single person in the Top 10 has bought that slot. Radio payola, paid for Spotify autoplaylisting, paid promo on TikTok, paid influencers, album variants & timed releases. 

Chappell Roan is obviously a case of an organic rise to fame for example, but the numbers she's pushing out at the moment are because Island has invested heavily in physical variants to exploit her sudden increase in fanbase. Multiple anniversary repressings of her album on Vinyl & a 7" of Good Luck,Babe have all been brought out in the last 2 weeks. 
Same with Sabrina's rise coinciding with Spotify's new autoplay feature. 

I do think Taylor's marketing team take the piss. But its just because she's got a bigger fan base anyway that the results of it are so stupid. Every artist's team pulls the same tricks, they just also spend more time trying to hide it.