music news

Sabrina Carpenter releases new version of her album with bonus track

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

My red fur tastes like Coca~Cola My eyes are wide like 🍒 pies I gots a taste for men who are married
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 4

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• faysalaaa

• NATAH

• Teletubby

• plane jane

Popular Days

Flippy

OMG I NEED TO LISTEN! :giveup: But no, not buying the digital just for that. :madge:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

faysalaaa

And yet nobody is gonna buy it, and it wont make her album #1. This is why what Taylor is doing is not cheating, she has fans that will buy her albums no matter what.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Teletubby
15 minutes ago, faysalaaa said:

And yet nobody is gonna buy it, and it wont make her album #1. This is why what Taylor is doing is not cheating, she has fans that will buy her albums no matter what.

they will buy it and she will be #1 IMG_5885.thumb.gif.84e47b72e08ebaf8e8894f5486864d94.gifTaylor's album sells only 6k unless she's cheating with new versions
ezgif-6-d0bd16ca6c.png

Edited by Teletubby
My red fur tastes like Coca~Cola My eyes are wide like 🍒 pies I gots a taste for men who are married

faysalaaa
1 minute ago, Teletubby said:

they will buy it and she will be #1 IMG_5885.thumb.gif.84e47b72e08ebaf8e8894f5486864d94.gifTaylor's album sells only 6k unless she cheats with versions
ezgif-6-d0bd16ca6c.png

Sabrina might get a #1 album, but its not because shes selling variants, she doesnt have fans that are willing to buy different versions of the same album.

While Taylor Swift have extremely dedicated fans that are willing to buy 100 versions of the same album, and it will keep her in the charts longer.

The free market allows Taylor to do it, while it doesnt allow other celebrities to do it, so its not cheating in my opinion.

I dont like Taylor, or the idea of variants, but I dont think its cheating.

Real Panda

I'm kinda surpised with Billboard about this since they are always updating their metrics to get with the times. When Gaga's Born This Way album was discounted they implemented a price rule after but somehow doing over 20 variants of an album by 1 or 2 different bonus tracks is somehow okay. 

They should limit how many additional variants an album can chart with. Just make it 3-5 maximum for charting. If the tracklists are not 90% and up the same from the original/standard, then it should count as a different album.

Edited by Real Panda
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

NATAH
8 minutes ago, faysalaaa said:

Sabrina might get a #1 album, but its not because shes selling variants, she doesnt have fans that are willing to buy different versions of the same album.

While Taylor Swift have extremely dedicated fans that are willing to buy 100 versions of the same album, and it will keep her in the charts longer.

The free market allows Taylor to do it, while it doesnt allow other celebrities to do it, so its not cheating in my opinion.

I dont like Taylor, or the idea of variants, but I dont think its cheating.

Confused Thinking GIF

none of this makes any sense

mother, what must i do?
  • Thanks 1

Bronco
12 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

they will buy it and she will be #1 IMG_5885.thumb.gif.84e47b72e08ebaf8e8894f5486864d94.gifTaylor's album sells only 6k unless she's cheating with new versions
ezgif-6-d0bd16ca6c.png

This is just lazy. 

TTPD came out in April, 4 months ago almost exactly. If TTPD was still shifting 150k pure sales weekly after 4 months I think every single person alive would be shocked. 

Comparing this week's TTPD sales to Sabrina Carpenter's 1st week sales for the album is stupid. Of course an album's first week is going to be high - especially when that album has 2 CD editions, 8 vinyl variants, a casette and now this digital edition all contributing to it's 1st week sales which is predicted 150k units thus far. 

By contrast, TTPD's first week pure sales was 1.914 million across 4 CD variants, 4 Vinyl Variants & 4 Casette variants. 

Lets check back in week #19 for Short N'Sweet and compare it's numbers to the TTPD numbers you're using this week. 

• Like 2

Sneaky Oliver

That cover should have been the official one, it’s a lot prettier 

I’m on my Legacy Act era
  • Like 1

faysalaaa
3 minutes ago, NATAH said:

Confused Thinking GIF

none of this makes any sense

Sorry English is not my first language lol

Im trying to say that if all singers release 100 variants of their albums, the fans that will buy the variant version arent enough to make the album chart like Taylor, and they wont be buying all 100 variants.

The reason why Taylor can do it is because there is a huge demand of wanting more Taylor, and people are willing to buy.

plane jane
4 minutes ago, bionic said:

I bought 20 copies

I thought you were better than this… 

• LMAO 1