๐Ÿ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT ๐Ÿ’š

event

Rotten Tomatoes change Audience Rating system

Real Panda

Featured Posts

Real Panda

Summary: Rotten Tomatoes has a new rating system for audiences. Instead of just anyone being able to rate the movies, only people who have actually purchased the movie ticket through Fandango and other ticket partners, will be able to give a rating. This is done so that trolls or haters will no longer be able to review bomb a movie they havent even seen.

Personally, I think this is a wonderful idea and it would help Joker: Foliรฉ a Deux and future Gaga movies to not have low ratings due to review bombing by other "stans", even from some Marvel lovers who hate DCU or just musical haters in general. Its simple, if you didnt buy a ticket to see the movie you wont be able to give an audience rating.

joker-folie-a-deux-movie-poster.jpg?auto

FULL ARTICLE:

Rotten Tomatoes has unveiled a new rating system for audience scores in an attempt to quell the site's association with review bombing. Rotten Tomatoes originally introduced the audience score as a way to give film fans a voice on the platform, but the well-intentioned tool has become easily exploited and weaponized by those wanting to make a point about a certain franchise or brand. Various groups often partake in review bombing a movie, coordinating one-star ratings for films they have a personal grievance with.ย 

Rotten Tomatoes and Fandango's new system looks to put a stop to review-bombing, or at least mitigate some of the damage by segregating genuine reviews from others. The new "Verified Hot" badge will reflect average moviegoers' views, similar in many ways to Amazon's badge for reviews from people who have actually bought the item they are reviewing. For a movie to earn the badge, it needs to have a Verified Audience Score of 90% or higher on its Popcornmeter. Only audience reviews from people who have purchased a ticket through sister site Fandango will contribute to this particular metric.

While this seems quite a niche group, according to IndieWire, the goal is to work with other partners so that people who donโ€™t use Fandango can still be considered verified. A "Hot" badge is for anything between 90% and 60%, and a "Stale" badge is for anything under 60%.

https://movieweb.com/rotten-tomatoes-new-rating-system-combat-review-bombing/

Edited by Real Panda
  • Like 7
  • YAAAS 6

• Real Panda changed the title to Rotten Tomatoes change Audience Rating system
RAMROD

Amazing :applause:

No more stans of someone doing fake reviews :applause:

(๏พ‰โ—•ใƒฎโ—•)๏พ‰โœง*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸ ๐š๐šŠ๐š—๐šŒ๐š’๐š—๐š ๐š’๐š— ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐šœ๐š‘๐šŠ๐š๐š˜๐š  ๐š˜๐š ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š—๐š’-๐š’-๐š’-๐š’๐š๐š‘๐š...! (*ยด่‰ธ๏ฝ€*) โ™กโ™กโ™ก
  • Love 2

Real Panda
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Amazing :applause:

No more stans of someone doing fake reviews :applause:

I know thats right. โค๏ธ

We dont need reviews from a ๐Ÿฆ or a ๐Ÿ‘.

Edited by Real Panda

River

so now we can't give 1 star to the era tour movie:traumatica:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • LMAO 8

Real Panda
1 minute ago, Lextyr97 said:

Fantastic idea. Thank god for this change

And this happening before Joker 2, such a great changeย :golfclap:

• YAAAS 1

Zaskar
1 minute ago, River said:

Why havenโ€™t you already done thatย :grr:

why did you wait till nowย :selena:

• LMAO 2

OliviaRodrigoStan

As much as I do understand "Joker 2" might benefit from that, this is a hard hit against haters, and I don't feel comfortable with thatย :triggered:

62c871bff7757c459aafa60e7e53a4f1.jpg

HEART OF EVER-FROST
  • LMAO 4

Real Panda
Just now, dopega said:

Good because I could already see swifties and katycats bombing the reviewsย :tony:

Swifties? Are they our nemesis now? ๐Ÿซข

KatyKats need to focus on streaming their fave 24/7. ๐Ÿ˜†

River
6 minutes ago, Zaskar said:

Why havenโ€™t you already done thatย :grr:

why did you wait till nowย :selena:

I'm a lazy pig :traumatica:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • LMAO 1

Real Panda
3 minutes ago, OliviaRodrigoStan said:

As much as I do understand "Joker 2" might benefit from that, this is a hard hit against haters, and I don't feel comfortable with thatย :triggered:

62c871bff7757c459aafa60e7e53a4f1.jpg

Well get comfortable with it cause its happening.ย :whitney:

• Sad 1

RAMROD
28 minutes ago, River said:

You can but it will cost you real moneyย :cheeky:

(๏พ‰โ—•ใƒฎโ—•)๏พ‰โœง*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸ ๐š๐šŠ๐š—๐šŒ๐š’๐š—๐š ๐š’๐š— ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐šœ๐š‘๐šŠ๐š๐š˜๐š  ๐š˜๐š ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š—๐š’-๐š’-๐š’-๐š’๐š๐š‘๐š...! (*ยด่‰ธ๏ฝ€*) โ™กโ™กโ™ก

Real Panda
37 minutes ago, River said:

"1 star" & Taylor Swift movie reminded me she was on Cats.ย 

Taylor Swift Hello GIF by Cats Movie