'DWAS' ON SPOTIFY
Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Chappell Roan responds to backlash regarding her fan interactions and privacy vids

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

ALGAYDO
53 minutes ago, MessyTop said:

I keep saying that, that amount to Katy Perry hate here on here is insane. Like daily non stop. 

Katy literally supports a rapist. That’s nowhere near as annoying as Chappell complaining about famous… One deserves backlash the other doesn’t. 

• Like 2

Ladle Ghoulash
1 hour ago, MessyTop said:

“When I’m in drag”…. Girl… you are not. lol maybe wanna be drag. Bye 

Wtf is that supposed to mean? 

• Like 1

River

She's not wrong.

We're talking about women, but here's an example, Justin Bieber, he didn't like the interactions with fans for the same reason.

Public figure doesn't mean that the public can do wtf they want with them.

There's a reason why Gaga and other celebrities has a bodyguard and a 24/7/365 guarded house.

Just a reminder what a crazy fan can do: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christina_Grimmie

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Thanks 4

Future Lovers

This! She’s gonna have no career, she’s seems so disconnected of reality. Bye girl. She ain’t that THAT

She kinda is THAT. She is one of the most famous people on the planet right now. No she isn't at the level of a Taylor Swift or a Beyonce but this is the most meteoric rise to prominence that we've seen in ages. She became an indie unknown to charting 6 songs on the Hot 100 at the same time along with an album that jumped from the 100s to #2 in the span of a summer. 

Is true. Her handling of all of this is so juvenile,she’s famous, she can get her security, she can do her thing but she’s choosing not to do it. She’s coming across so arrogant   , she ain’t a household name yet. Is going to hurt her in the long run

Also wanna note that having security and all that doesn't really offer complete protection. Need you be reminded that Christina Grimme, someone far less famous than Chappel is currently, was murdered by an obsessive fan during a meet and greet all while security and a whole crowd of people are present? 

She is trying to draw very clear boundaries for herself in hopes that anyone who is crossing those boundaries is immediately recognizable and not just another fan. Christina's murderer was able to get access to her because his behavior was not seen as different or alarming. That was until he pulled out a gun and shot her in the face at point blank range. 

She is trying to avoid creating parasocial relationships. She is trying to put a definitive boundary between her and the public because she has seen what happens to artists who don't. She has looked at Gaga and Taylor and all other artists who got famous off of making themselves too available to their fans and saw the complications that came with that. She doesn't want that for herself. 

You keep saying that doing this is going to ruin her stardom, and you're missing entirely that she is okay with not being famous. She just wants to make music, she has reiterated multiple times now that the superstar aspect of things isn't what's ultimately important to her. She embraces it while it's here as she said, but would be just fine if it all went away. 

• Like 8

Ladle Ghoulash

She’s nothing without men buying her crappy music 

Idk if you should be commenting on the quality of her music when you’ve been in the trenches for KP 🪦

• Like 3
  • LMAO 3

Oriane

So that member sh*ts on Chapell for daring to complain about being touched without her consent, while defending a rapist's supporter. Nothing to add, the jokes really write themselves :billie:

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams
  • YAAAS 2

Ladle Ghoulash

Of all of the artists someone could be mad at, there’s gotta be something a little rotten in your heart if you’re mad at Chappell Roan for setting healthy boundaries 💀

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

PartySick
21 minutes ago, River said:

We're talking about women, but here's an example, Justin Bieber, he didn't like the interactions with fans for the same reason

I remember the one time Kanye West made me "yas" was when that paparazzi dude was in his driveway and said something like "good morning" and Kanye told him to f*ck off :ladyhaha:

23 minutes ago, River said:

There's a reason why Gaga and other celebrities has a bodyguard and a 24/7/365 guarded house.

@ChicaSkas @SharkmanthaC :gayhat:

• LMAO 4

Westerosi
4 hours ago, ceminay said:

Fame unfortunately comes with a price, and decades of celebrities have gone through so much trauma.

Spoiler

*Not accusing you of normalizing predatory sh*t dude, but please bear this in mind.*

As a cisgender male artist, allow me to come in here. :heart:

This is a long-established and rather old-fashioned opinion regarding fame.

Art is a transaction. As artists, we give our hearts and, quite literally, our lives, to our craft.

I'm proud af of Chappell in her brave and, let's face it, effective efforts in standing up for herself.

Without her, there is no art.

giphy.gif7

Nobody has the right to take the brush out of the painter's hand.

She's defending her and her art with her life, for her life, for her art.

Leave Her Alone Stand Up GIF by HBO

Edited by Westerosi
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
  • Like 3

RadioIsOurs
2 hours ago, stvn said:

I don’t think she said anywhere that men can’t experience this. She’s a woman, and there is, in general, a specific way women are treated in this situation. She never minimized anyone else’s experience, she was and is ALLOWED to talk about her own. 

Never said she's not allowed to? I just feel that there's an implication from her language that this is a women's issue in particular. Many things certainly are. This really isn't. Coming at this from a feminist lens isn't going to solve the issue of parasocial fan experiences. If she was a man she would still have the crazy stalkers. She would still be carrying the expectation to be live under this pressure. 

Edited by RadioIsOurs

Didymus
2 minutes ago, RadioIsOurs said:

Never said she's not allowed to? I just feel that there's an implication from her language that this is a women's issue in particular. Many things certainly are. This really isn't. If she was a man she would still have the crazy stalkers. She would still be carrying the expectation to be live under this pressure.

The difference is this: fear.

RadioIsOurs
Just now, Didymus said:

The difference is this: fear.

Umm...elaborate?

NATAH
3 hours ago, NibbCub said:

I get what she's saying but she comes across as annoying as hell. Something about her attitude.

eye rolled SO hard at this

the girl is begging and pleading to be left alone and your main take away is "yeah but she's kinda annoying"

Edited by NATAH
mother, what must i do?
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

NATAH

I keep saying that, that amount to Katy Perry hate here on here is insane. Like daily non stop. 

oh my god how do you STILL not get it after being told hundreds of times? :alsemanche:

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 1

Andrea B
2 hours ago, NibbCub said:

She just comes across as patronizing at times. I think maybe she just tries too hard. I really think she's having a hard time reconciling her real self and what she's created to sell records. That's the best way I can explain it. She just gets on my nerves. I'm open to changing my mind though.

This!!!! i find her very annoying, I hate the way she talks to the ''public'' or us