'DWAS' ON SPOTIFY
Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

DWAS Hits 5M Views (22H In)

Economy

Featured Posts

Just A Holy Fool
5 minutes ago, Economy said:

I think just over 2M if I remember correctly (then decayed quickly the following days)

So were already over double

Girls, we won Bruno Mars GIF by Lady Gaga

• YAAAS 5

LordByron28
9 minutes ago, Just A Holy Fool said:

Girls, we won Bruno Mars GIF by Lady Gaga

It will likely end up surpassing WW and Lifetimes combined first 24 hours. 

Micmaky

Just for some context, Kendrick Lamar’s super viral song did 7 million. Sabrina’s expresso did around 3 million and PPP did about 5 million. Charli and Billie did 4 million and birds of a feather did 4 million too. If we take away kpop and Latino artists, this is in line with huge hits of 2024. 
Keep in mind that views are actually increasing. The one huge positive is that unlike woman’s world etc, this song is getting overwhelmingly positive feedback on social media/the gp. That’s going to translate to crazy longevity. We just need to be top 10 on Spotify for a good start. 

Edited by Micmaky
  • Like 8
  • Love 6
  • Thanks 4

Economy
7 minutes ago, Bowman said:

Is this good?

For a random release very good. For a collab between artists of this big a trademark some would expect slightly more (maybe 6M to 8M by now)

But this was only confirmed 1.5 days before release (so not much hype, anticipation and many domt even know its out yet)... and its also a ballad that on some ppl may take time to grow

I think if u factor it all in its more or less performing within reasonable expectations. Its still pretty solid numbers by todays youtube standards :shrug:

Edited by Economy
  • Love 1

Real Panda

I was expecting this number, 5 million. Its good, its moderate. For comparison, this week we were up against Lisa & Rosalia whose new song "New Woman" made 20 million in 24 Hrs.

This song is also #1 in a lot of countries on iTunes, DWAS has more #1s but when it came to youtube music video views its 1/4 than NW. This is also our biggest "threat" (😅) for the rest of the tracking week (Fri-Thu) on Spotify, as well as the 27 new Post Malone songs.

Economy
1 minute ago, Real Panda said:

I was expecting this number, 5 million. Its good, its moderate. For comparison, this week we were up against Lisa & Rosalia whose new song "New Woman" made 20 million in 24 Hrs.

This song is also #1 in a lot of countries on iTunes, DWAS has more #1s but when it came to youtube music video views its 1/4 than NW. This is also our biggest "threat" (😅) for the rest of the tracking week (Fri-Thu) on Spotify, as well as the 27 new Post Malone songs.

Maybe dumb question. Who is this Lisa girl? Some big it girl rn?

These days I live under a rock. I have no clue what GenZ is into :rip:

• Like 1

LordByron28
1 minute ago, Economy said:

For a random release very good. For a collab between artists of this big a trademark some would expect slightly more (maybe 6M to 8M by now)

But this was only confirmed 1.5 days before release and its also a ballad that on some ppl may take time to grow

I think if u factor it all in its more or less performing within reasonable expectations. Its still pretty solid numbers by todays youtube standards :shrug:

You mean the song and video was confirmed and announced 14 hours before release? 

PunkTheFunk
9 minutes ago, Micmaky said:

Just for some context, Kendrick Lamar’s super viral song did 7 million. Sabrina’s expresso did around 3 million and PPP did about 5 million. Charli and Billie did 4 million and birds of a feather did 4 million too. If we take away kpop and Latino artists, this is in line with huge hits of 2024. 
Keep in mind that views are actually increasing. The one huge positive is that unlike woman’s world etc, this song is getting overwhelmingly positive feedback on social media/the gp. That’s going to translate to crazy longevity. We just need to be top 10 on Spotify for a good start. 

ROTY, SOTY, AOTY, and Best New Artist on lock

ohshestakingit-monique.gif

• LMAO 3
  • YAAAS 6

Real Panda
1 minute ago, Economy said:

Maybe dumb question. Who is this Lisa girl? Some big it girl rn?

These days I live under a rock. I have no clue what GenZ is into :rip:

Its our girl Lisa, the one that raps on Blackpink. Remember Sour Candy? 😭

Micmaky
7 minutes ago, Real Panda said:

YouTube is huge for kpop artists and Latino artists too. No western artists can compete with YouTube views of kpop stars, not Taylor Swift or the Weeknd. 

Edited by Micmaky
  • Like 5

JustTea

So DWAS got 5.4M+ first 24 hours.

Will be interesting to see how Spotify streams reflect this number :icega: