💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is DWAS for Joker 2 or LG7?

Lava

Featured Posts

Lava

It sounds beautiful and so big and theatrical, so could it be for Joker? Plus it’s a love song? It sounds nothing like all the snippets she’s teased for LG7 either. I’m not mad one way or the other — but has she clarified this at all? :popcorn:

smitherz

It’s just a stand alone thing. Something to keep us busy while we wait on LG7 haha

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Real Panda

Its not for LG7 she said, but I wouldnt mind this song being attached as a Bonus Track for either Bruno's album or Gaga's album.

• Like 2

Linus Gaga

I think she kinda clarified this isn't for LG7, it does seems joker coded, but also doesn't make sense if Bruno was working on it and invited her over.

Maybe just another coincidence happens with our fan base. Everything seems connect to Gaga's projects

Hit me a message and say hi !

Tyler1992

I think it’s officially standalone- but it complements Joker really well, the cross promotion is pretty brilliant.

It’s very Lady-esque, which is more in line with glitz and glamour movie star Gaga, which she will be focused on in the upcoming months. 

It also is a nice stepping stone to LG7-the pressure is less knowing she can potentially unleash the album with a recent hit. It disintegrates the “comeback” narrative most artists have after a long break. 

Noir

I imagine it’s a stand alone single, similar to The Cure / Hold My Hand.

clearly it’s a placeholder until Joker 2 arrives and LG7 is announced. Plus it’s eligible for the Grammys so that’s a small win, if they push for it. It’s bound to receive a Pop Duo Performance nomination at least. 

weed

It has a Joker vibe but I think it's just an artistic and commercial collaboration between 2 MGM icons :vegas:

• Like 1

Anderson123

The title “Die With A Smile” makes it look like it’s Joker related but the moment you see Bruno there it’s confusing because Joker soundtrack has to be mostly Joaquin and Gaga songs.

So now that we have the song, the video and the story about Bruno calling Gaga it’s pretty obvious this is not for Joker and most likely standalone single or for Bruno’s upcoming album. 

• Like 1

Economy

It does match Joker vibe but i feel thats either pure coincidence or if planned it wont actually be in joker but just planned release close to the era and match the vibe of the time.

If it does get used in joker than most likely it would be just an end credits song

With Bruno Mars in it (who is not in the movie) it would be kinda weird to have him in a song for Joker

LordByron28

Think it’s a standalone. Unless it plays in the credits of Joker 2 it won’t be in the film since they filmed the movie a long time before recording this track. However, there were rumors a while back stating that the soundtrack ost was going to be covers(since that’s what’s in the film) and a few originals were being contemplated. Plausible that they put a few original songs that may not be in the film to help promote the OST such as this one. The Joker OST might be the special project Gaga was referencing. The covers already exist within the context of which they came before. Then include some musical interludes and perhaps a few original tracks. The music video and theme fits the Joker really well with 70s imagery and supposedly part of the movie has a Joker & Harley TV show. 

Edited by LordByron28
  • Like 1

BlingNotTheMusic

It's neither. It was originally for Bruno's album but now it's just a standalone single to tide people over since the LG7 delay. The reception will determine what's next. 

https://discord.gg/hausofdelulu

Bebe

It’s standalone but I have no doubt it’s being used purposefully to cross promote Joker.

The Cure wasn’t for ASIB but it absolutely fit lyrically and thematically and could have been part of Ally’s pop era. I don’t doubt it was a scrapped song.

This feels like either Bruno was working on the soundtrack or Gaga heard it and thought “I love this song and feels so connected to Joker” and approached the idea of it being released as a joint single this month (hence why it’s not a part of any album).

It’s giving the song a chance to have its moment while using Joker as an opportunity for cross promotion and to justify the song getting a push.

Nobody can tell me the lyrics as well as the video don’t give Joker vibes. Like watch the video again and tell me it doesn’t give Gaga camped up:

GVFq0fkWgAEtmpf?format=jpg&name=900x900

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQkz-ML2RKF4N5-0gBOfFZ

Controversiaga

It’s for both! Joker 2 IS LG7 :pawsup:

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”