💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Smoking

Nemo

Featured Posts

Nemo

So, my first reaction to "Die with a Smile" was "Good song. I could do without the cigarette." And then I thought, you know, I don't remember a lot of smoking in videos, ever -- of course we're long past the era when it was "cool", but still -- I wonder if MTV had some rule against it? Which wouldn't matter so much anymore...

And then I remembered the darkest video ever made by our birthday girl:

Edited by Nemo
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

RAMROD

I believe smoking is still cool and social thing tbh, especially among celebrities. When they gathered, they always seen smoking by papz.

recent examples includes The Bear casts, who doing it in their private time

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ...𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒹𝒾𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝒶 𝓈𝓂𝒾𝓁𝑒 (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Lextyr97

Literally every celebrity smokes for some reason. Also I love the cig in the video. Gives it the vibe they’re going for and a bit of campiness that wouldn’t have been there otherwise

• Thanks 1

gagzus

It gives 70s live television performance in the video, and as a smoker it made me want a cigarette lol

River

I heard that the grammy's is always smells of cigarettes and bad body odor because they don't take a shower and smokes all night

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • LMAO 1

InTheCloset

i vape and im thinking of taking up smoking because it looks nice

Where's the spunk, Adam?
  • LMAO 1
  • Sad 1

Franch Toast

Y'all, please know better than to pick up smoking just because you think it looks cool in a music video or when you see celebrities doing it. 

She/Her/Hers
  • Thanks 5

Chlorine
7 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

Y'all, please know better than to pick up smoking just because you think it looks cool in a music video or when you see celebrities doing it. 

The comments glamorizing it are insane. :alsemanche:

❤️🩵🖤
  • Thanks 1

Nessun Dorma

I think the smoke works as a sexy and dramatic element, matching the 70’s country atmosphere they were aiming for the music video. The way she sings while puffing on a cigarette gives an unconcerned girl boss vibe and matches the lyrics as she declares the-world-is-ending-and-I-don’t-care-I’m-dying-with-a-smile-cause-I’m-next-to-you. I hate cigarettes but I loved the whole thing! 

find your freedom in the music