why do you care? :huntyga:

The melody that you choose can rescue you

SimonBaetens
27 minutes ago, lastpopicon said:

why do you care? :huntyga:

lol fair

when you're lonely, I'll be lonely too / https://www.last.fm/user/SimonBaetens

lastpopicon

I don't actually care if she smokes nor should I... But find it funny that this can be a hot topic and people feel the need to weigh in on her personal habits, she's Lady Gaga, she doesn't need our pleb opinions :ladyhaha:

And outside of her personal life, I also find it worrying that people find an issue with her smoking in a music video, a video that's supposed to be art... For Lady Gaga fan this shouldn't be a surprise because she used to do much more insane sh*t and one cigarette shocks people now :sharon: 

x

Some people should go Stan Madre Teresa :cheeky:

• Like 1

Schwerk
12 hours ago, lastpopicon said:

I don't actually care if she smokes nor should I... But find it funny that this can be a hot topic and people feel the need to weigh in on her personal habits, she's Lady Gaga, she doesn't need our pleb opinions :ladyhaha:

And outside of her personal life, I also find it worrying that people find an issue with her smoking in a music video, a video that's supposed to be art... For Lady Gaga fan this shouldn't be a surprise because she used to do much more insane sh*t and one cigarette shocks people now :sharon: 

x

Oh don't you worry bout me, trust me, I was suprised myself that I was sort of grossed out by her smoking in the video. It has nothing to do however with being shocked, I am into all kinds of crazy ****. Just because I don't like one small thing in a music video, doesn't mean I should stan some basic boring ass artist. 

I was just taken back by how 'real' and casual it seems in the video and how uncool and unsexy that apparently is to me. It just instantly took me to images of family members that were heavy smokers, desperately grabbing for their smokes with their yellow fingers. It ain't a pretty sight.

For example, these video's of her smoking didn't put those images in my brain. So personally, even though it's a sign of time the video is set in, I'd prefer it without the sigarette. Doesn't add much IMO. 

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

Not The Real Gaga
12 hours ago, lastpopicon said:

x

Because we should not normalize smoking (again). Smoking can cause so many health issues it's insane.

And imo, the cigarette doesn't add anything to the art.

• Thanks 1

lastpopicon
1 hour ago, Schwerk said:

Oh don't you worry bout me, trust me, I was suprised myself that I was sort of grossed out by her smoking in the video. It has nothing to do however with being shocked, I am into all kinds of crazy ****. Just because I don't like one small thing in a music video, doesn't mean I should stan some basic boring ass artist. 

I was just taken back by how 'real' and casual it seems in the video and how uncool and unsexy that apparently is to me. It just instantly took me to images of family members that were heavy smokers, desperately grabbing for their smokes with their yellow fingers. It ain't a pretty sight.

For example, these video's of her smoking didn't put those images in my brain. So personally, even though it's a sign of time the video is set in, I'd prefer it without the sigarette. Doesn't add much IMO. 

Think I know why it grosses you out more than other occasions, it's because she has the cigarette in the mouth, and it stays there for most of the video, it's provoking scenery, I was taken aback when I realized what she was doing, even singing with the cigarette in the mouth, found it brilliant honestly, but I can understand how people can find that gross and repulsing.

In the videos you posted she smokes normally, it's less provoking and more "sexy" I feel like.

Either way, don't take my post personally, but I think we should let her do her thing, she clearly knows what she's doing, and I feel the cigarette added to the video, I mean, we are talking about it, it's thought-provoking, like art is supposed to be.:staymad:

1 hour ago, Not The Real Gaga said:

Because we should not normalize smoking (again). Smoking can cause so many health issues it's insane.

And imo, the cigarette doesn't add anything to the art.

We shouldn't normalize it and I myself don't smoke cigarettes, I do like the devil's lettuce occasionally :cheeky: 

But I think you are wrong in saying that the cigarettes don't add anything to art :reductive: Lady Gaga: "Life is art all the time", and cigarettes are a part of life in a way :trollga:

Edited by lastpopicon
  • Love 1

Not The Real Gaga
12 minutes ago, lastpopicon said:

Think I know why it grosses you out more than other occasions, it's because she has the cigarette in the mouth, and it stays there for most of the video, it's provoking scenery, I was taken aback when I realized what she was doing, even singing with the cigarette in the mouth, found it brilliant honestly, but I can understand how people can find that gross and repulsing.

In the videos you posted she smokes normally, it's less provoking and more "sexy" I feel like.

Either way, don't take my post personally, but I think we should let her do her thing, she clearly knows what she's doing, and I feel the cigarette added to the video, I mean, we are talking about it, it's thought-provoking, like art is supposed to be.:staymad:

We shouldn't normalize it and I myself don't smoke cigarettes, I do like the devil's lettuce occasionally :cheeky: 

But I think you are wrong in saying that the cigarettes don't add anything to art :reductive: Lady Gaga: "Life is art all the time", and cigarettes are a part of life in a way :trollga:

Uh, ok

lastpopicon
Just now, Not The Real Gaga said:

Uh, ok

:glamourpuss:

Gagaism
22 hours ago, lastpopicon said:

She smokes more weed than me probably :ladyhaha:

But I actually doubt she smokes cigs, esp if she has weed at her disposal, just an educated guess :legend:

I see what you mean by my own experiences. It’s been 7 years I quit smoking cigarettes and at that time I used to smoke way less when I was having weed.
On the other hand the worst triggers were all the times I would be drinking, at the clubs or having coffee. 

• Love 1

lastpopicon
Just now, Gagaism said:

I see what you mean by my own experiences. It’s been 7 years I quit smoking cigarettes and at that time I used to smoke way less when I was having weed.
On the other hand the worst triggers were all the times I would be drinking, at the clubs or having coffee. 

My own experience :sara: I don't smoke cigarettes by over 5 years now, but I share the same issues in socials situations, it's really hard to not pull that cigarette when you are drinking with friends, it's a forever struggle I feel like :rip: 

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
kylecarson

As a big Gaga fan, I also quit smoking back in 2020 when she did because she’s literally my main inspiration...

Killa
On 8/16/2024 at 3:34 PM, lastpopicon said:

I'm almost certain of it, there's no way she smokes cigs in private. Sure, for "art" she does, but it's not something she does in her private life, at least not regularly.

Y'all can calm down :yay: But she does smoke weed, that i'm certain lol

Yeah She totally gives vibes of smoking cigs at parties, work, ...social smoking. Ocasionally at home when stresssed. And well Shes never alone. 

And She def Rolls some joints a day. And the weed Also has a social connection tò her, but different. 

She Always says that there are moments when She smokes a lot. Its not when Shes in her big mansion with Michael lol. 

Still leaving smoking Is hard hard

lastpopicon
7 minutes ago, Killa said:

Yeah She totally gives vibes of smoking cigs at parties, work, ...social smoking. Ocasionally at home when stresssed. And well Shes never alone. 

And She def Rolls some joints a day. And the weed Also has a social connection tò her, but different. 

She Always says that there are moments when She smokes a lot. Its not when Shes in her big mansion with Michael lol. 

Still leaving smoking Is hard hard

i'd like to believe she doesn't, something sporadic socially I can see, but I don't think she smokes cigs that much if at all nowadays.

Regardless, she's a grown woman who can make her own decisions, we can speculate but at the end of the day it's her decision.

I just wish she wasn't judged by fans, it's a very difficult habit to leave completely.

• Thanks 1