Jump to content
The Evolution of Gaga
society

Hackers snatch every SSN in America


StarstruckIllusion

Featured Posts

  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

not all our tea on the dark web :giveup:

without subscribing I could only see bits and pieces of the article but I don't think they got EVERYONE in those countries, just 99% :derpga:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pennywise

So... I'm not American, but I do have a SSN because I live there. And my tea from Turkey was already out, with all our national ID numbers on the internet. Am I having a SECOND identity theft in another country :traumatica:

So long ggd, it was nice while it lasted.
Link to post
Share on other sites

JoeCool

I got some scary e-mail this morning a warning from Norton my personal info was found on the Dark web.

 

Wonder if it has anything to do with this? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jenina

There are options you can take to limit what people can do with your social. May be a good idea to look into it before someone uses your social if someone hasn't already

cool cool
Link to post
Share on other sites

PunkTheFunk
1 hour ago, weed said:

I don't think they got EVERYONE in those countries, just 99% 

Phew, that's a relief.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Togekiss

It’s hard for me to believe most of them weren’t out there in some form anyway…

Lock your credit with the reporting agencies, American monsters!

Baskin Robbins
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, PunkTheFunk said:

Phew, that's a relief.

I didn't want anyone to feel alarmed!

Link to post
Share on other sites

TEANUS
1 hour ago, Karl said:

What is a social security number and what can they do with it?

 

42 minutes ago, Catnikko said:

what does this mean? Is SSN like a NI number in the UK?

Your social security is like your unique ‘US citizen’ identification number. You use it to apply for loans, credit cards, to pay taxes, to be employed, etc.

If someone gets your birthdate and social security number they can pretty much ruin your financial status if they try hard enough. Open a credit card under your name, take out a loan under your name, etc.

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS
Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...