💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Billboard's The 25 Greatest Pop Stars of the 21st Century

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Taylucifer

Lana not being up there with their explanation basically being she isn't wide spread/popular enough while having just headlined Coachella is insane. Not to mention her impact, yikes. 

Billie, I am surprised is not making the list, what more could she have done? Olivia and SZA will just have to be on it if this is made again in 5 years.

Kendrick not being there also feels strange when he is so influential

The rap girls not being there, also so perplexing, Cardi in particular because she really opened the flood gates for it to not just be Nicki in the female rap game

The Tortured Poets Department is out NOW
  • Like 1

moonsago

I am sorry but Billie, Lana, Kendrick and Missy not making the list is absolutely CRAZY! And HEAVY on Lana, I am so tired of her not being recognized for being influential on this new generation of artists. 

• Thanks 1

Controversiaga

6 hours ago, LateToCult said:

First thing that popped up when I opened the link was the “why not” for Dua Lipa. Pls they basically said Radical Optimism was too much of a flop :air:

5 hours ago, Scar97 said:

Crazy Billie isn’t on that list

Billie and dua have not been around long enough 

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”

Controversiaga
4 hours ago, malzejar said:

1. Michael Jackson 

2. Madonna 

3. Probably the girl with the thousand album versions

Madonna and Michael are not 2000-2025 pop stars. They’re 80s and 90s so they won’t be on this list 

darkgaga

The fact Pink isnt there really surprises me. She just crossed 1,3 BILLION$ for tour revenue, and has consistently released good songs. Were they all #1, no. But hit after hit for so many years

• Like 1

Controversiaga
9 minutes ago, moonsago said:

I am sorry but Billie, Lana, Kendrick and Missy not making the list is absolutely CRAZY! And HEAVY on Lana, I am so tired of her not being recognized for being influential on this new generation of artists. 

Billie ? Has she even been around for 10 years ? When we fall alseep came out like 5 years ago. She still has a long ways to go to build her longevity .

this list will be artists who’ve been releasing music and gaining positive recognition and acclaim for over 10 years 

Controversiaga
1 hour ago, Taylucifer said:

Lana not being up there with their explanation basically being she isn't wide spread/popular enough while having just headlined Coachella is insane. Not to mention her impact, yikes. 

Billie, I am surprised is not making the list, what more could she have done? Olivia and SZA will just have to be on it if this is made again in 5 years.

Kendrick not being there also feels strange when he is so influential

The rap girls not being there, also so perplexing, Cardi in particular because she really opened the flood gates for it to not just be Nicki in the female rap game

Cardi ??? She only released one full length studio album and it was in 2018.  She has a long ways to go imo.

• Like 1

Controversiaga

Why am I having to explain to ppl that being active in the music industry for like only the last 5 years-ish and releasing like 3 albums or less doesn’t make you eligible for the title of “GREATEST pop stars of the 21st CENTURY”.  Those artists have a lot more work to do and put in to earn that title cause there are plenty other pop stars who’ve been doing it since the first decade of the century and are still relevant today 

billboard said they’re rating based on longevity, as well as stats and impact, etc .

Edited by Controversiaga
  • Like 1

Scar97
7 minutes ago, Controversiaga said:

Billie and dua have not been around long enough 

Ocean Eyes came out 8 years ago. I wouldn’t put Dua on the list because she’s not been nearly as impactful as Billie

Controversiaga
3 minutes ago, Scar97 said:

Ocean Eyes came out 8 years ago.

That’s just one single though.  She wasn’t full force in the game and being a globally known “pop star” till a few years later into her career. I don’t think she’s deserving of the title- yet- imo 

Edited by Controversiaga

Scar97
1 minute ago, Controversiaga said:

That’s just one single though.  She wasn’t full force in the game and being a globally known “pop star” till a few years later into her career. I don’t think she’s deserving of the title imo 

That’s fair. My instinct is to not put in the newer acts. I do though think that we would be furious if Gaga wasn’t on such a list 5 years since her debut album (around the time of ARTPOP). I would put Billie at like 23-25

• Like 1

Werewolves Wanted

Aww I love that Kesha got an honorable mention. Deserves it 

• Like 1

Taylucifer
31 minutes ago, Controversiaga said:

Cardi ??? She only released one full length studio album and it was in 2018.  She has a long ways to go imo.

Yea I know, I just feel like the flood gates that she opened was crazy, but I agree a lack of output would stop her from being up there:vegas:

The Tortured Poets Department is out NOW
  • Like 1