OUT NOW!
music news

#23 Bad Bunny: Billboard's The 25 Greatest Pop Stars of the 21st Century

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Mirrion Rizzons
18 minutes ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

Well… dont tell me Khia Perry has outdone Gaga atp…

no, they would have mentioned Gaga in the honourable mentions list if she didn't make the main list. Also she has more BB200 #1 albums than katy (6) and more top 10's (17), despite having less #1 singles

Edited by Mirrion Rizzons
  • Like 1

NATAH
11 minutes ago, buzzkill said:

So how come Katy perry be in the 25 position? What relevence does she have on culture besides a 5 #1 songs album from almost 15 years ago?

i mean, TD and Prism were absolute monster eras and she still is a household name... just rapidly becoming a throwback name

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 2

darkgaga
13 minutes ago, buzzkill said:

So how come Katy perry be in the 25 position? What relevence does she have on culture besides a 5 #1 songs album from almost 15 years ago?

Well she was everywhere during TD and Prism. She scores a lot of points there. If it were just charts she would had been higher, but she lacks the impact

weed

I think it’s a great spot for her. 

she definitely was a superstar of the last 25 years, massive hits, but has not influenced anything and has fallen off so #25!

• Like 1

Mister G

Breather...confident Gaga will rank higher amongst the Top 25. No one can deny that she is pop royalty whether you love her or hate her

YASKALE

I don’t know if SZA is “pop” but surprised she didn’t make the list. 

as for Pink: she never gets enough credit I feel. :fatcat:

jacs vs looser
1 hour ago, jackweller said:

Surprised Katy placed #25 considering she’s #9 on top digital singles artists, and was #8 top artist of 2010s. Do we know what they base this chart on exactly? Sales? charts appearance?

It seems to be a combination of a lot of factors, one of them being current or recent relevance and Katy hasn't had that in a while, which I guess is what brought her so far down the list considering the accolades you mention.

Awards might also be a considered, given the following pic, and she hasn't had that many for such a long career.

25_Katy_embed_4-billboard-1240.jpg

• LMAO 1
  • Love 1

chathonnete

Gaga def in top 10 :kiss:

Other names I totally see in the top 25: Beyonce, Rihanna, Charli, Taylor, Ed Sheran, The Weeknd, Madonna, Adele, Nicki Minaj, Ariana Grande

jackweller
19 minutes ago, jacs vs looser said:

It seems to be a combination of a lot of factors, one of them being current or recent relevance and Katy hasn't had that in a while, which I guess is what brought her so far down the list considering the accolades you mention.

Awards might also be a considered, given the following pic, and she hasn't had that many for such a long career.

25_Katy_embed_4-billboard-1240.jpg

Ahhh, so they consider other achievements as well not just Billboard charts. Thanks for posting this, makes so much more sense now.

• Love 1

LateToCult
3 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

greatest-pop-stars-25-ed-sheeran-2024-bi

Don’t like how they advertised his top 10 hits and for Katy it was her Grammy nominations. At the end of the day, both these turds fell off so might as well give Katy her flowers as well. 

3 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

Don’t like how they advertised his top 10 hits and for Katy it was her Grammy nominations. At the end of the day, both these turds fell off so might as well give Katy her flowers as well. 

They also advertised her Hot 100 NO.1 hits. 

GVcKaB0XkBY3SIR?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1

• Teletubby changed the title to #23 Bad Bunny: Billboard's The 25 Greatest Pop Stars of the 21st Century