💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Naomi Campbell for Harper's Bazaar - The Icons Issue

phantasmas

Featured Posts

phantasmas

hbz090124covertoc-001-66ac118471713.png?

As you enter the exhibition “Naomi: In Fashion” at London’s Victoria and Albert Museum, you are greeted by a video montage of Naomi Campbell’s iconic walk down the many runways of her 40-year career: a flirty sashay from baby Naomi at Todd Oldham in the mid-’90s, a moody saunter in a black silk outfit for Isaac Mizrahi from Fall 1997, a dead-serious stomp in a sequined black Saint Laurent tuxedo just a few years ago—all distinctly different, all distinctly Naomi.

A solo V&A exhibition on any one person, particularly during his or her lifetime, is rare and sought-after. (Previous honors have been bestowed upon Alexander McQueen, Frida Kahlo, and David Bowie.) I also observe, quietly, two Black girls, perhaps 16 or 17, who are transfixed, staring closely at the footage and swapping stories about admiring her beauty and “fierceness.” I smile, thinking of my own experience of observing Naomi Campbell from afar at that very age. When I was growing up in London, Campbell’s image and mononym were so inextricably linked with fashion that when I told my West African father, a general practitioner with absolutely no knowledge of fashion, that I had aspirations for a career in the industry, he asked if I wanted to be Naomi.

Interview: https://www.harpersbazaar.com/fashion/models/a61741188/naomi-campbell-icons-interview-2024/

• YAAAS 3
  • Love 1

Killa

Still got it.

Her personality Always comes through the print/screen. Love the short hair. She Just looks good in everything

• Like 1