Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why so much hate on Katy?

I AM THEATRE

Featured Posts

lasagna

shes a nasty person, not a talented singer, not a talented songwriter, has bad taste, is probably little bit homophobic/republican, works with rapists, and makes ass music so i mean theres not much if anything to like about her if we're being really honest with ourselves

human turd

Jase

I lowkey want Netflix to do a documentary on the destruction of her music career. I genuinely find it fascinating. 

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

TheEdgeof96

I think the negativity around Katy stems from a few things. 

1. She’s never really evolved as an artist. Her sound and lyrics have never really been cutting edge or groundbreaking. She’s always stayed in the more vapid, bubblegum pop realm. This can be fun for an album or two, or singles here and there, but over the course of 15+ years it feels tired. 

2. Katy’s persona seems to rely on being “quirky” and “relatable” and often seems to lack any real substance. Watching any interviews or her music videos, it all feels very shallow and campy, as if everything is intended to just be a viral sound bite or clip. It’s hard to take her seriously as an artist and it’s also hard to see her as a person. Everything always feels like a bit with her.

3. Her choice in collaborators is… suspect. Katy seems to cherish number ones (albeit to a lesser extent than we now see with Taylor…) and many of her collaborations don’t feel organic, they seem to be forced in an attempt to chase a number one single. I.e, during Teenage Dream era, they pumped out remix after remix with other artists (Missy Elliott, Kanye, etc) to better promote Katy. This continued with a few of the features on Witness. Going back to Dr. Luke feels like a continuation of this behavior, where Katy/her team/her label aren’t confident in Katy’s ability to succeed and instead are relying on past collaborators to recreate past formulas. The issues with this are that Dr. Luke’s reputation and legacy is now tarnished (rightly so!) by the allegations from Kesha. Beyond that, the music itself is sub-par compared to Katy’s peaks with OOTB and TD. The lyrics are cringeworthy, production is dated, and overall feels pretty lifeless. When listening to her later releases, it also feels pretty apparent the music was created with the goal of chasing success rather than creating good music or even being passionate about what they were creating. 

As a whole, I’d say that the negativity/criticism is valid. Not all artists have to evolve constantly or be groundbreaking sonically, visually, or otherwise. But if your goal as an artist is to entertain people, the music should entertain people, and should cater to public tastes. The challenge is, public taste evolves over time. If you choose not to evolve with public tastes and instead rely on the same campy gimmicks and bits, it shouldn’t be a surprise when the public turns on you.

Aglaya
1 hour ago, I AM THEATRE said:

I believe her, but you cannot really say how the things went. And there still is a difference between collaborating with an accused r***st and a confirmed one.

So you don't belive her :sweat:

could mean anything
  • Like 1

RAMROD

:ohwell:

She is always oozing the wrong vibes for me. She is pandering and opportunistic. Everything she does are so blatantly calculated for charts and sales. Everything that she said or done have always been driven by those factors. Never feel her being genuine in front of camera even just for an ounce of it. 

So when it was revealed that Gaga called her as mean person on a text to Kesha, I really do believe it. 

I really can't trust someone who was using gay word as slander in her earlier song, but then suddenly pretending to be all kumbaya about gay community and gay rights, how we are fireworks, when it getting cool and continue to be cool to do so after Born This Way was so boldly defending us. 

Like, I get it. Live and learn. And that would be OK. Very OK really. Except she's just never learn. She is just pandering. The moment she loudly asks her (((gay))) followers to forgive and reunite with their MAGA families as soon as Biden was inaugurated in 2020, is not only hurtful and uncalled for, but also clearly shows that she never get it how it is with LGBTQ community. And that is how she is, reading a room just never her talent, I guess. 
Cos she did it again when she blatantly tells everyone she is voting for a Republican hiding in Democrat mask for LA Mayor election.

And again now, with her poor decision to back workin on an album with Dr Puke. Like, all these headlines and she is still consciously decided to go back with him is a bold poor choice. So for me, every that's happened to her right now just simply her reaping all that's she sowed over the years. You don't need to feel bad for her. What goes around comes around, as they said. And I just am so glad a lot of people actually feel the same. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ sausage so good! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 2

gemein3

I love the dismissal of her working with Dr. Luke like it’s a petty tiff — get over it, sort of attitude. 

She worked with him to promote a song that was intended to empower women and be an anthem for them. That’s sick, ironic and proves where her motives are. SHE REFUSES TO EVEN SPEAK ON IT. 

It’s people such as her, with power and influence, that take advantage of those that are vulnerable and prey upon them. Shes proven time and time again that she is not an ally, to any group, but instead, an opportunist. 

• Like 3

Aglaya

I agree with 100% what people already said on this thread, and I would add one more thing. I have not seen anyone talk about the fact that she decided to add an uterus to represent women on the WW mv :sweat: such a boring and old idea by a supposed LGBT+ ally popstar  :confused:  I don't think she's really the ally everyone keeps saying she is. She's just plain :shrug: nothing interesting about her message with this new music

could mean anything
  • Like 1

Taylucifer

I think it primarily stems from Dr Luke collaboration 

She also doesn't appear as super authentic this era, starting off with Charli XCX copycat allegations, then Dr Luke, then the songs haven't been good enough for people to ignore their existing basis.

Everyone was primed from a Katy comeback except for her apparently. Her and her team didn't seem to understand what is wanted from her nor were they able to pivot into doing something interesting that people enjoyed. 

She still has a chance to regain the public's favour but that would probably include ditching everything that is attached to Dr Luke which is unlikely

The Tortured Poets Department is out NOW

John Wayne

Personally, I see Katy as the aunt who gets too drunk at a wedding, and does and says rather questionable things. Granted, I don’t know her, so this imagination I had conjured up is based on behavior I have seen so far. 

What I do know, however, is that she completely lacks artistic growth. All her albums sound incredibly identical, kinda giving the impression that she likes to sit in her bubble, hoping that nostalgia clicks with people and lands her a hit. We all know how this is going for her. 

But in her defense, the hate she got over her haircut during the Witness era is so unjustified. Also, with this album, I felt like she was not that afraid to experiment with new sounds and come up with something new. Even though the album was panned, I constantly come back to listening certain songs, and I do find them quite enjoyable. Sadly, I believe the criticism got to her and she went back to her bubble and continued making the same bullshit all over again.

Smile was atrocious and I’ll refrain from commenting on Women’s World. And from all the 143 snippets I’ve heard so far, it’s clear as day she has no intention of moving from her bubble. The only difference is she switched producers, which again, was a terrible decision, both morally and for her career.

Edited by John Wayne
  • Like 1

datlastfam

You opened a thread asking people opinion on why everyone hates her but then counter back every single opinion by bashing Gaga's lyrics and songs lmao what a joke :huntyga:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Grigio Guy
2 hours ago, I AM THEATRE said:

I believe her, but you cannot really say how the things went. And there still is a difference between collaborating with an accused r***st and a confirmed one.

Sounds to me like you’re trying to play both sides: you can’t believe her, but not believe Dr. Luke is an actual rapist.

Religion is a product to sell.
  • Like 1

GagaGame

Dr. Luke. I don't care what you think, Kesha NEVER lied and Dr. Puke is not innocent.

Oh and we told you a lot of reasons, so hope that helps.

LG7? CANCELLED
  • Like 1

Jigglygoth

It is the curse of the nun bestie :bradley:

Screenshot-20240811-233115-Chrome.jpg

There is nothing we can do about it, only the Pope can save her at this point :giveup:

HEART OF EVER-FROST

ALGAYDO
4 hours ago, I AM THEATRE said:

Should I remind you that we don’t really know the truth about it? Those are accusations. We don’t know how the things really went. I’m not saying Kesha lied but there is a difference between an accusation and a fact.

There are literally only two options: either Kesha told the truth and Dr. Puke is a rapist, or she lied. There is no in-between. Statistically, the odds of someone lying about being raped are like 1/10000, so most people automatically believe the victim. Not only that, but multiple female artists have come out and said that Puke is very abusive towards women. 

So what is it, do you believe Kesha told the truth or do you think she is lying?  

If you think Kesha is lying (which is kinda odd cause we all know how low those chances are) then fine, be upset about people dragging Katy, but stfu about it because you know most people believe rape victims, and a victim could be reading your response.

If you think she told the truth (like 99% of claims against a rapist) but still want Katy to get a pass, then that means you indirectly support rape, and should re-evaluate your outlook on life. 

Sorry about spilling 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 2

RochestrMonstr

I don’t understand what the point of working with Dr. Luke was anyway. 

She could have made low quality music like this with any other producer on Earth.

She must have wanted this reaction.

• River locked this topic