💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why so much hate on Katy?

I AM THEATRE

Featured Posts

NATAH
Just now, I AM THEATRE said:

Are we talking about the music or the fact that she has collaborated with Luke? See, you are very inconsistent in your explanation.

what? i haven't been inconsistent at all lol

i'm saying that even accused or actual r*pist, the music is god awful and not worth trying to defend with silly technicalities of "well he wasn't actually found guilty!" when it's very well known SA crimes are difficult to prove

he's a very shady figure and she purposely hired him to desperately save her career however the work is garbage. if she had created something worthwhile and interesting then it would be worth talking about

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 9

HelloHangoverz
6 minutes ago, Plastic Flower said:

Women's World and Lifetimes certainly are. Katy's got some really good songs in her discography in every one of her albums but those 2 aren't.

This album is going to get panned beyond all recognition. The only one that sounds good is Nirvana. I mean, listen to this snippet. It sounds so childish :franminervini: 

sometimes he saw his real face, and sometimes a stranger in his place
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

JohnnyVersace
20 minutes ago, I AM THEATRE said:

Should I remind you that we don’t really know the truth about it? Those are accusations. We don’t know how the things really went. I’m not saying Kesha lied but there is a difference between an accusation and a fact.

yeah this ain't it at AAALLLLLLLLL :wtfga:

• Thanks 10

Ceres

I'm gonna say in a very general sense, Katy's career has often been disconnected and a lack of understanding of her audience. We won't know whether it's her, her label, or other influences, but the 'Katy Perry Brand' has been misguided at various points in her journey:

(Ur So Gay, This is how we do music vid, the "feud" with taylor, working with Dr Luke, Witness in general and the Bon Appetite feature thats anti LGBTQ, and now WW) I'm sure there's others.

Of course, no one is perfect—Gaga has had her missteps too—but I feel like Gaga has acknowledged and addressed most, while the KP brand hasn't not. I think this latest album was her big shot to get a proper comeback and there's a lot of eyes on her and it's just shocking the brand took these missteps and continue to make this strange path into a flop era. 

✧ ✧ ✧
  • Like 3

monstrosity
38 minutes ago, I AM THEATRE said:

Perfect Illusion'? Do you think those lyrics are deep?

Yes…

ot: idk it’s kinda fair but it’s also kinda biased I really don’t know

all I know is don’t put perfect illusion on the same level as Katy songs    

• Like 2

Healed My Heart

Oh and can't forget about this :saladga:

kperrycornrows.png

She/her 💗💜💙
  • LMAO 1
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 3

I think a lot of it has to do with the way Katy’s fans dragged Gaga during Applause and Roar. I also think people love the fall of a pop star, tbh. 

monstrosity
2 minutes ago, xanny said:

I also think people love the fall of a pop star,

basically this (a female popstar particularly obvi…)

Edited by monstrosity

3 minutes ago, monstrosity said:

basically this (a female popstar particularly obvi…)

I think especially because it was hyped up as a huge comeback 

Kelly Atlantic

Well at first it was cause of Dr Luke for me…since I think she used to support Kesha, what made her work w him? I don’t support him. 
and I feel like as a vocalist and songwriter she can do SO much better. If you think about her older songs, she really sounds like she worked hard on them. In lifetimes, she literally only had one verse. It was too repetitive. She can do SO MUCH BETTER.

artdoll
35 minutes ago, Healed My Heart said:

Well for me,

1. She's always given mean girl vibes with her feuds with other female popstars and even up and coming artists with way less star power than herself (i.e. Ryn Weaver). Even on American Idol, she was pretty terrible to people sometimes.

2. She's been giving a LOT of cringe since Witness era. I just don't connect with her version of artistry at all.

3. She worked with her Republican father during Trump's 2020 campaign to sell "nonpartisan" political merch when our community's rights and safety were clearly at risk and we needed people with influence to support Biden. She also supported Rick Caruso for LA Mayor and has collabed a LOT with racist and homophobic Dolce & Gabbana. Basically, she's giving republican and shows little regard for LGBTQ rights imo.

4. She chose to work with Dr. Luke for this entire album so I refuse to pay her new music any mind. Not that I've liked any of her music since Prism oops

I personally have to feel neutral or positive about who an artist is as a person to be able to enjoy their music. And Katy just does not pass the vibe check.

I think this + the "Modesty" edit of the Woman's World music video that edited out the kiss between the gay couple was the cherry on top that put more of a sour taste in people's mouths. 

I'm willing to give Katy the benefit of the doubt that she's not trying to be (intentionally) malicious with her, or her team's, recent choices given her super religious background/upcoming but the lack of communication and reasoning for what's been done is what's really putting people off in my opinion.

Edited by artdoll
。゚☁ glued up, sometimes it's too much ☁ ゚。
  • Like 2

Poker

1 she’s fake and a hypocrite 

2 she’s working with a guy accused of r4p3

3 the music is bad

4 her lyrics are bad

Is it good that people are hating on her? No, but people are not obliged to be a good person. 

Kindness rules all.
  • Like 1

Guillaume Hamon

This site is full of queer people and she panders extra hard to us then remove the association with us when she tried to sell more in rather homophobic countries...

It's not only Dr Luke...

Or the forced kiss on this young boy on American idol...

Or the fact she's a nun killer.

Or the fact she basically disrespect the audience giving them such cheap reheated musical formulas as if they were very easily pleased dummies.

Edited by artdoll
  • Thanks 2

Arcanum

I don't understand your purpose with this thread. People have been explaining to you with solid reasons why they don't like her, whether it's about her artistic choices or the quality of her work and you bounce it back by bashing Gaga songs out of nowhere, repeatedly twisting the answers, annulling social reasons why they don't trust her colleagues and defending your position of liking her, as if anyone told you that you should be ashamed of it.

So again. Is this a thread that you care about understanding the opinions of the others or obliging your opinion onto others?

Live and let live.

You like her? Fine.

Someone doesn't like her? Fine.

You don't like seeing someone dissing her? Take a deep breath. It's isn't about you.

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

Edonis

Bad music, Dr. Luke, karma. Those three things are a potent concoction for inducing lashings. The fact that's been releasing nothing but nuclear bombs since the album was announced doesn't help either.