💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why so much hate on Katy?

I AM THEATRE

Featured Posts

I AM THEATRE

Honestly, I’ve seen so many negative and hateful comments about Katy Perry and her new music, and I just can’t stay silent about it anymore. Do you really think she deserves this? What has she done wrong? Is this all because of her collaboration with Dr. Luke? I doubt that’s the real issue, considering most of the criticism I’ve seen is focused on the simplicity of her lyrics.

Does anyone remember songs like 'Stupid Love' or 'Perfect Illusion'? Do you think those lyrics are deep? You guys are being inconsistent, and it seems like all you can do is hate on someone who isn’t Gaga or hasn’t competed with her. 

Gaga is my favorite too, but Katy has contributed so much to pop music, and at least she’s putting out new music, while Gaga left us waiting for four years. Gaga preaches messages like 'be kind.' My question now is, do you still consider yourself a little monster after all this hate?

• LMAO 19

Gagaism

1. APPLAUSExROAR bitter taste that always has been up for revenge.

2. Katy’s controversial choices / Dr Puke 

/thread 

Flippy

Not a thread like this again :ladyhaha:

Yes, the Dr. Luke thing is what’s mainly giving her the bad rep I think :ohwell: I like her, but these last two song are just… meh :flippy:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22
  • Like 3

I AM THEATRE
Just now, Gagaism said:

1. APPLAUSExROAR bitter taste that always has been up for revenge.

2. Katy’s controversial choices / Dr Puke 

/thread 

Are you really being stuck in 2013? Are we still comparing two pop female artists in 2024? Gurl, it’s been 11 years.. 

Red

People are jealous of her looks 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • LMAO 6

NATAH

she literally CHOSE to work with a man who assaulted somebody she once considered her friend, how are you not disgusted by that?

and PLEASE, Gaga's worst lyrics are leagues ahead whatever the hell WW is

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 4
  • Thanks 4

Gagaism
Just now, I AM THEATRE said:

Are you really being stuck in 2013? Are we still comparing two pop female artists in 2024? Gurl, it’s been 11 years.. 

you asked why the hate and I gave you a response, GURL! Didn’t say anything about comparison, it’s about the bitter taste that was left unconsciously on liddos mind lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

HelloHangoverz

she's propping up an abuser and an actual rapist and we are seeing in real time how these mechanisms work to keep predators in a position of influence, and you're suggesting we let that slide for no good reason other than the fact you like her as a main pop girlie.

Edited by HelloHangoverz
sometimes he saw his real face, and sometimes a stranger in his place
  • Like 13
  • Love 1

Real Panda

Yes, I am still a little monster. I never criticized Katy's "deep" songwriting skills or the lack thereof. I believe all music is subjective to the listener's preference and just because I don't care for Katy's music does not mean others can't enjoy it. Just look at the people of Norway for example, they love Katy. Also, I love Stupid Love and Perfect Illusion so much.

• Like 1

Plastic Flower

I can't believe you brought up Gaga's lyrics to this mess. Her lowest points feel like her highest next to the trash Katy's released this album cycle so far.

Drop it
  • Like 4

Ultimecia

I don't hate her, I just love seeing bad people get what they deserve. :glamourpuss:

Time. It will not wait, no matter how hard you hold on...
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 6

HelloHangoverz
Just now, Ultimecia said:

I don't hate her, I just love seeing bad people get what they deserve. :glamourpuss:

sometimes he saw his real face, and sometimes a stranger in his place
  • YAAAS 2

I AM THEATRE
4 minutes ago, NATAH said:

she literally CHOSE to work with a man who assaulted somebody she once considered her friend, how are you not disgusted by that?

and PLEASE, Gaga's worst lyrics are leagues ahead whatever the hell WW is

Should I remind you that we don’t really know the truth about it? Those are accusations. We don’t know how the things really went. I’m not saying Kesha lied but there is a difference between an accusation and a fact.

• LMAO 1

elijahfan

I do agree that the hatred and low-key cyberbullying is absolutely not cute - if you disagree with Katy's choice of collaborators, then just don't support her music and be content with the fact she's not doing great on the charts right now.

But we all know the extra pettiness comes from people still not being over the Roar / Applause situation. 11 years on. Which is absolutely insane and should make a lot of them reevaluate their lives' priorities.

Edited by elijahfan
  • Like 1