Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Pitchfork gives Britney Spears’ Blackout an 8.1

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

NATAH
2 minutes ago, plane jane said:

truth hurts.mp3 :ororomunroe:

like the album is only 1 year older than The Fame and that album is truly timeless :thriller: (for the most part)

mother, what must i do?
  • YAAAS 1

Cello
1 minute ago, plane jane said:

mean girls GIF

do i need to understand a pineapple to eat a banana
  • LMAO 2

Guillaume Hamon
3 hours ago, Didymus said:

Erm...

It is an important pop album but the overrating is annoying. Is it just because literally every other album of hers is intolerably bad when you remove the singles?

Blackout has several amazing tracks but imo acting as if the whole album was mind-blowing is extra indeed.

• Like 3

plane jane
43 minutes ago, NATAH said:

like the album is only 1 year older than The Fame and that album is truly timeless :thriller: (for the most part)

The Fame ended careers, that album alone is more iconic that some folks’ whole discographies sorry not sorry

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3

Bowman
48 minutes ago, plane jane said:

2 hours ago, NATAH said:

this website is going to give you lashings but i want you to know, you are not alone

praise be to you

peekaboo episode 2 GIF by The Bachelor

3 hours ago, Didymus said:

Erm...

It is an important pop album but the overrating is annoying. Is it just because literally every other album of hers is intolerably bad when you remove the singles?

Ooop you guys aren’t alone either :franminervini:

Season 8 Team GIF by THE NEXT STEP

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 1

NATAH
2 hours ago, Bowman said:

Ooop you guys aren’t alone either :franminervini:

Season 8 Team GIF by THE NEXT STEP

dozens of us! dozens!

mother, what must i do?
  • LMAO 1

Judas Oyster

Deserved.

When I was a teen I had to be driven to school by my parents bc no buses went there, and I physically found this album (did not own any Britney album from before) on a CD store and actually listened to it on headset there skipping songs to get a sense of the sounds quickly before we had to go, and bought it.

I listened to this album on the way to school in the car. Loved the sounds.

Even if people trashed Britney I didn't care bc I still would love this album.

I mean, it's true what the reviewers says about even almost 20 years old, still inspiring people like Charlie. Heck, I mean even Gaga with her darker songs. I could name for example Government Hooker, So Happy I Could Die, Teeth, Aura, Bloody Mary, John Wayne, 911. Autotune effects, glitchy, poppy but dark, honest dark lyrics and electronic sounds.

Edited by Judas Oyster

culturalbaptism

Kylie's X and Hilary's Dignity >>>>> Blackout

Blackout is just the most famous but the ones who paved the way are way above in quality.

Judas is coming. Let the cultural baptism begin.
  • LMAO 1

Lucas
8 hours ago, Didymus said:

Erm...

Except Baby One More Time, Britney, Circus and Britney Jean her album tracks are quite strong...

ProfessionalClown
8 hours ago, Didymus said:

Erm...

overrating? this album is one of the best pop albums to ever exist. it’s easily a 9 if not a perfect 10 

Didymus
5 minutes ago, ProfessionalClown said:

overrating? this album is one of the best pop albums to ever exist. it’s easily a 9 if not a perfect 10 

So you'd say it's on par with Lemonade and Cowboy Carter? 'cause that would be a Pitchfork 9 :messga: We can call an album one of the best and still give it an accurate rating :cheeky: Pop albums almost never deserve to pass the 8 point. With an 8 rating, this album is in the company of Confessions on a Dance Floor. I think that's enough, no?

• Like 1

NATAH
34 minutes ago, ProfessionalClown said:

sorry but no, not even close... the album aged really badly and i think that matters if we're naming it "the pop bible"

mother, what must i do?