Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

"The Fall and Rise of Haus Labs"

danbekim

Featured Posts

danbekim

I recently discovered this video and it perfectly analyzes Haus Labs' journey throughout the years. 

It's a really interesting video!!

If you have some rad remixes you made laying around, send it to me!!
  • Like 10

doja scat

i watched this yesterday! i definitely think the aesthetic rebrand/sephora launch was for the best, the launch aesthetic was ok but the amazon exclusive thing wasn’t a great idea for a makeup brand

don’t get stabbed with the (b)rat tooth
  • Like 6
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

HelloHangoverz
1 minute ago, doja scat said:

i watched this yesterday! i definitely think the aesthetic rebrand/sephora launch was for the best, the launch aesthetic was ok but the amazon exclusive thing wasn’t a great idea for a makeup brand

I can't believe somebody gave that the green light :laughga:

sometimes he saw his real face, and sometimes a stranger in his place
  • Like 2

NATAH

if you think about, Gaga could have been the one to pioneer the celebrity beauty brand if she had stuck with it back in the day but i guess the injury, team shake up and split with troy caused her to reassess her priorities at the time; working with tony as her mentor and breaking out into acting

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Helxig
51 minutes ago, doja scat said:

50 minutes ago, HelloHangoverz said:

I can't believe somebody gave that the green light :laughga:

I understand they wanted the brand to be affordable and accessible for as many people as possible, and Amazon gave them the means to achieve that, but in the long run it cheapened the brand and put people off. Also they should've known that Amazon doesn't have a great ethical reputation and that this would be used against them.. Making it a high end brand available in stores was definitely the right pivot, even if it is more expensive. And also jumping on the trend of skincare, health and wellness was a great idea too

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • Like 1

Helxig
6 minutes ago, NATAH said:

if you think about, Gaga could have been the one to pioneer the celebrity beauty brand if she had stuck with it back in the day but i guess the injury, team shake up and split with troy caused her to reassess her priorities at the time; working with tony as her mentor and breaking out into acting

Wait what do you mean? I though Haus Labs was her first shot at a makeup brand. By that point Rihanna had already had massive success with Fenty Beauty and huge influence on the entire global market with their inclusive colour range. So I think most people would call Rihanna the pioneer. But it sounds like you're talking about waaay back in the BTW days.. but I don't remember anything about makeup back then. I thought she wasn't even confident in creating a makeup brand until much more recently 

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

NATAH
5 minutes ago, Helxig said:

Wait what do you mean? I though Haus Labs was her first shot at a makeup brand. By that point Rihanna had already had massive success with Fenty Beauty and huge influence on the entire global market with their inclusive colour range. So I think most people would call Rihanna the pioneer. But it sounds like you're talking about waaay back in the BTW days.. but I don't remember anything about makeup back then. I thought she wasn't even confident in creating a makeup brand until much more recently 

haus labs was originally launched all the way back in 2012 with FAME and yeah, there was no talk of makeup but i'm sure if it was something she had wanted to pursue instead of letting fizzle out until the 2019 relaunch, i bet makeup would have easily come out a couple of years into it

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

NATAH

also it had no idea Gaga was THAT involved with haus labs! i had a feeling she was smart enough to at least know what was going on, what products were being made etc but finding out she was also involved in the marketing and stuff is crazy lol

plus the point about HL being launched alongside chromatica makes a lot of sense

Edited by NATAH
mother, what must i do?

Bowman

Talking about haus labs, Gaga has been very quiet lately 

announcement is imminent :vegas:

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉
  • LMAO 5

Sunny
24 minutes ago, NATAH said:

haus labs was originally launched all the way back in 2012 with FAME and yeah, there was no talk of makeup but i'm sure if it was something she had wanted to pursue instead of letting fizzle out until the 2019 relaunch, i bet makeup would have easily come out a couple of years into it

She definitely should've done makeup or at least some collabs after FAME since she has it trademarked. The MAC Viva Glam collab with Cindy Lauper did amazing so it was clear that there was a demand. Considering the makeup trends of those years she could've been the first big pop star turned makeup artist

I like dancin', and ponies....
  • Like 2

IllusionLover
30 minutes ago, Bowman said:

Talking about haus labs, Gaga has been very quiet lately 

announcement is imminent :vegas:

The Dance in the Shadows palette is coming 

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes
  • LMAO 4

Bowman
43 minutes ago, IllusionLover said:

The Dance in the Shadows palette is coming 

No stop because she will actually do themed palettes when LG7 drops 

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉

Linus Gaga

I like that they did a rebrand / relaunch, but I wish they kept the Gaga aesthetic instead of the teal clean aesthetic. I do think that is more appeal to people, but lack of Gaga, I mean Gaga who transform with makeup and wigs all the time, but now the brand just feels like another brand. Also after the rebrand, seems like we had much less promotion video of her in it ?

Hit me a message and say hi !

Schizophonic
1 hour ago, NATAH said:

there are a buckload of leaked documents about haus labs and she secured her name for a very wide spectrum of products. from perfume to makeup to skincare to home and wellness products to clothes to shampoos to haircare to nailpolish to mens cosmectics.... and that stated backto 2010

• Shook 1

Lextyr97

I also watched the video yesterday! Loved hearing about the herstory of the company so far and especially the tidbits about how hands on Gaga is. Can’t say the same for a miss K