Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
opinion

Why LG7 Will Rock

Economy

Featured Posts

liamgaga
5 hours ago, Schizophonic said:

i was hoping more of a glam rock... like rebell yeah, flesh for fantasy.... type than metallica but i think its still popmusic after all. 

I think the lead single, or maybe all the singles will be pop-ish and more radio friendly (think applause VS swine or born this way VS heavy metal lover) but I think they’re will be some rock/industrial songs on the album

• Like 3
  • YAAAS 1

juicyjuicy

Completely agree she needs to do a hard rock / metal album - and feature collabs with rockstars/bands! A rock ballad would be amazing too. And it can still have industrial/EDM elements too.

• Love 3

NATAH
4 hours ago, Aren said:

Sounds nothing like rock lol it’s pure edm 

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

mother, what must i do?
  • LMAO 2
  • Thanks 3

Ultimecia
4 hours ago, Aren said:

"Rock" is an umbrella term, just like "pop" is

If you're comfortable calling it pop, then you can just as easily call it rock

Time. It will not wait, no matter how hard you hold on...
  • Like 1

Gorehound
5 hours ago, Aren said:

lol listen again. There's clearly hard rock and metal influences in it even if the beats are electronic. Genres can span over all different types of styles and sounds.

I'm fine, Ta
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Sherry

She herself said she’s not making a rock album :cheeky:

Love it when you call me legs, in the morning buy me eggs 🥚
  • Like 1

Economy
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Schizophonic said:

i was hoping more of a glam rock... like rebell yeah, flesh for fantasy.... type than metallica but i think its still popmusic after all. 

I mean im not sure id want the entire album to be like this. I meant maybe a few songs

I think would feel too heavy for Gaga to do too many songs like that. Id want the majority to be a little lighter l think, more pop rock, maybe a few more harder rock (like linkin parks Numb) and then some traditional rock

A mix i guess of rock influences. The snippet did sound awsome

Edited by Economy
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

Economy
37 minutes ago, Sherry said:

She herself said she’s not making a rock album :cheeky:

Doesnt mean it cant be rock influenced which is a big difference :coffee:

Also she lies all the time so :huntyga:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

madmagical6

I'm so happy with what we've heard so far. Ever since I found 'Big Black Delta' I always wanted something like this from Gaga. Rock/metal influencers with electronic elements. 

I think I'm most excited for the 'Abracadabra' song that is giving serious 'Bad Romance ' energy to me. Just balls to wall Gaga. 

What songs are you most excited for? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Schizophonic
4 hours ago, Killa said:

I was under the impression that rock, post-punk are influences while the base Is pure electronic music. Its gonna be synth based.. which Is a bit what Gaga Is about, the base Is rock music but in the form of dance music. That Was the constant the First 3 albums

I think it was RedOne who once said that most of their songs, especially Bad Romance are basically heavy metal songs only with a synth replacing the e-guitar. 

And besides Chromatica she said herself all of her albums had rock influences.

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

lastpopicon

LG7 will be her magnum opus, we are not prepared :koons:

The melody that you choose can rescue you
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 4

Nessun Dorma
9 hours ago, FGGrayson said:

Love how it sounds electro industrial, depeche mode, NIN, the prodigy, all that ****, its def gonna be my fave album oh her, sorry ARTPOP & Chromatica yall going down 1 spot 🤧

8 hours ago, eddyjeddy said:

listen to Downward Spiral album by Nine Inch Nails or Pretty Hate Machine

then get back to me ;)

You two nailed the references. I can see the resemblance between the snippets, Depeche Mode and Nine Inch Nails. 

By this point I’m expecting an industrial rock/synth-rock style.

• Like 2
  • YAAAS 1

Bowman
10 hours ago, Nessun Dorma said:

I’ve been wishing for her to make a rock album for so long! When I first heard Dance In the Shadow I kinda lost my hopes for rock vibes on LG7 but now -  with the second snippet of the day - my faith is restored and I’m so ready for it! :excited:

I also wanted a ballad, especially after Chromatica. But right now it feels like a ballad wouldn’t fit LG7, considering the sound of the snippets. Anyway I just feel like we’re about to witness Gaga’s best album so far! 

I wouldn’t lose hope in it, it could always be an electronic ballad, nothing with raw instruments but more synth driven and slower :woohoo:

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉
  • Love 1

HelloHangoverz

Tbh, the last thing I'd want from Gaga is a straight rock album w no electro whatsoever. I struggle to listen to music made up of all acoustic instruments unless it's like, vocals and piano or soul, aretha franklin, nina simone etc lmao

my head is filled with broken mirrors, so many I can't look away

Nessun Dorma
5 hours ago, juicyjuicy said:

Completely agree she needs to do a hard rock / metal album - and feature collabs with rockstars/bands! A rock ballad would be amazing too. And it can still have industrial/EDM elements too.

Well it’s definitely not coming this time, but I would live for a metal/hard rock album! Maybe with symphonic metal elements! 

I would equally enjoy a progressive, psychedelic or punk rock album. My hopes are for sometime in the future!