💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Robert Downey Jr will star as Doctor Doom in ‘AVENGERS: DOOMSDAY’

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

liamgaga

In my own head I’m like ‘no’ because this isn’t anthology and I’ll always see RDJ as Ironman :( there are also a LOT of actors who could do with a big break in the industry he could’ve chosen 

Edited by liamgaga

NATAH

this just feels desperate lol

i think the mcu bubble is about to burst if they don't put out something decent soon

mother, what must i do?

River

D&W was so miiiddd ufff

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

thisboyisamonster

Feels desperate but will bring in the audience, more so than it would have for Kang. Certainly piqued my interest, RDJ was one of the best things about the MCU infinity saga. 

• Like 1

killme89
9 hours ago, Reality said:

Mmmm I hate the RDJ casting. The shift from Kang is fine. I mean, he wasn’t really working as a character anyway, and with all the Jonathan Majors stuff, I’m not surprised they shifted focus away from him. Doom is such an iconic villain so I love that they’re introducing him, but I have reservations.

First of all, they’ve done nothing in the MCU to build up to Doom. He’s never been mentioned or even remotely hinted at, so they need to do the work in the upcoming movies and shows to make his presence feel organic and earned.

And also, I say this as a HUUUGE MCU nerd/stan, but the RDJ casting feels like a cheap ploy. Marvel knows they’re in the weeds right now. Even though I’ve loved most of the MCU content post-Endgame, it’s clear that many people don’t. This just seems like a desperate attempt for them to be like “Hey, we know you guys are angry and frustrated with us, so here’s your favorite MCU actor playing one of the most anticipated Marvel characters! Are you happy now?!”. Hope I’m proven wrong though

I disagree. I think it’s pretty bold and fun to use basically the main hero of the entire universe to play the biggest villain , it’s bold and fresh. This is what they should have been doing. Now if he was to be playing Tony again then I would totally agree with you because that would be a cheap move , but to use the main hero as a villain is so crazy because it can turn out soooo bad. I love this 

Reality
35 minutes ago, killme89 said:

I disagree. I think it’s pretty bold and fun to use basically the main hero of the entire universe to play the biggest villain , it’s bold and fresh. This is what they should have been doing. Now if he was to be playing Tony again then I would totally agree with you because that would be a cheap move , but to use the main hero as a villain is so crazy because it can turn out soooo bad. I love this 

I don’t see how it’s bold at all. They’re bringing back the Russo brothers to direct, McFeely to write, and now RDJ to return as Doom. If anything, they’re all safe choices because Marvel knows they’ve worked out great for them in the past.

Doom is certainly going to be a Tony variant though, because if not there’d be no reason to cast RDJ. I will say, after thinking about it more and seeing some other people’s reactions, I’m a *little* more open to the idea, but I still don’t like it overall. I’d rather them cast someone totally new. 

🃏🖤👹
  • Like 1

killme89
7 minutes ago, Reality said:

I don’t see how it’s bold at all. They’re bringing back the Russo brothers to direct, McFeely to write, and now RDJ to return as Doom. If anything, they’re all safe choices because Marvel knows they’ve worked out great for them in the past.

Doom is certainly going to be a Tony variant though, because if not there’d be no reason to cast RDJ. I will say, after thinking about it more and seeing some other people’s reactions, I’m a *little* more open to the idea, but I still don’t like it overall. I’d rather them cast someone totally new. 

It’s bold because it can fail so bad , that’s what makes it bold. Bringing in same directors has nothing to do with the conversation, they bring back directors all the time especially when they know the material well. Why is it suddenly a problem now ? We had the same director for all doctor strange , we had the same directors for all spider man films. I hate to say it but it seems that a lot of people complaining aren’t to familiar with comic book stories. We have to forget these are COMIC book stories before they are films , that’s what makes them special. They live in their own rules. For example nobody really dies and there’s always variants of every character. That’s just comic book stories 101…it comes with the genre. We can agree to disagree but giving everyone’s negative reaction id say this was a bold move and not safe at all. And besides what’s this obsession with what is safe and what is risky, this is marvel Disney not A24 or NEON. Besides if argue that phase 4 was the most experimental out of all the phases and everyone hated it so. Eternals was so good and look how under appreciated it is. 

Edited by killme89

Whigney Houstan

I'm already feeling burnt out on all the multiverse/variant stuff and I consider myself a fan.  Will general audiences really care (or be able to follow) after Phase 4 pretty much flopped?  No closure for Kang?  No solo project for their most popular character (Wanda).  It feels like they're still throwing stuff at the wall and hoping it sticks.

Just give us a new generation of X-Men already.

• Like 1

gagzus

This all makes 100% sense to me and has me super excited, I was a little sceptical and annoyed when they were making Kang the villain for Secret Wars since Doom was the villain/saviour in the comics and creator of Battleworld. 

I love the bold choice to make essentially the actor who played the most famous hero, now into the most diabolical multiverse villain. It raises the stakes for me imo because it’s gonna pull at the hero’s heart strings- and I bet they have a thing where this variant of Doom gets mistaken for Tony in the 616 and there’s a big deal about it, plus you KNOW they’re gonna have him play iron man too in Secret Wars since he’s there. 

• Like 1

gagzus
18 minutes ago, killme89 said:

It’s bold because it can fail so bad , that’s what makes it bold. Bringing in same directors has nothing to do with the conversation, they bring back directors all the time especially when they know the material well. Why is it suddenly a problem now ? We had the same director for all doctor strange , we had the same directors for all spider man films. I hate to say it but it seems that a lot of people complaining aren’t to familiar with comic book stories. We have to forget these are COMIC book stories before they are films , that’s what makes them special. They live in their own rules. For example nobody really dies and there’s always variants of every character. That’s just comic book stories 101…it comes with the genre. We can agree to disagree but giving everyone’s negative reaction id say this was a bold move and not safe at all. And besides what’s this obsession with what is safe and what is risky, this is marvel Disney not A24 or NEON. Besides if argue that phase 4 was the most experimental out of all the phases and everyone hated it so. Eternals was so good and look how under appreciated it is. 

I feel because Marvel has become so synonymous with the MCU now people forget how batsh*t crazy a lot of the comic stories are. Having a Tony variant as Doom is straight out of a multiverse 70s/80s type comic storyline.

It’s becoming hard to balance the GP opinions who only really know of Marvel from the MCU, believe it’s a simple and straight forward “kids franchise”, with those of us who grew up with the comics, where for better or for worse some of the weird comic stories were exciting or terrible.

Also sidebar, I think also we need more R Rated MCU films in the future.

RAMROD
5 hours ago, NATAH said:

this just feels desperate lol

i think the mcu bubble is about to burst if they don't put out something decent soon

Faith have been restored by many fans eversince X-Men '97 and now with Deadpool & Wolverine.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ WUMBOLOGY! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Glomer

They have the chance to do the funniest thing ever (kill him 1 sec after he reveals his face and then show the real Dr Doom)

NATAH
11 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Faith have been restored by many fans eversince X-Men '97 and now with Deadpool & Wolverine.

well i hate deadpool so :alsemanche:

mother, what must i do?