Blackout19

Is she?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. title.

• Yassss!
    • Nooo..

Featured Posts

Blackout19

In my opinion she is, and she is the most iconic pop female singer, and Britney is very close. 

Spoiler

and than Gaga. :giveup:

Marilyn Monroe is my best friend.

monstertoronto

Of course she is. She’s the template for the modern MPG. She invented the modern pop girl concert. She’s forever the Queen of Pop. 

• YAAAS 2

Nathaniel Arven

but on the other hand 

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

i think kate bush is the undercover goddess of ARTPOP. 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Head Empty

People take that very unserious title way too seriously :messga:

But she's the reason the title exists so I don't see why we would "take" it from her. It's part of her career.

• Thanks 1

Guillaume Hamon

The title comes and goes.

Madonna is probably the one who hold it for the longest time ever but it's been Taylor for years now if we're honestly look at her achievements.

• LMAO 5

Hyoha

Pop as a genre is steadily diminishing, and Madonna was the peak pop phenomenon alongside MJ. No one will ever compare to their success.

• Like 4

PMM

albums, creativity, performances, changes on popculture, changes on the world, impact.

I Am a Joke

Shakmasda

Is Michal Jackson the true King of Pop? Is Aretha the true Queen of Soul? Is Pikachu the true King/Queen of Pokemon? Answering these questions makes it more simple to answer the other question. So, yes.

• Like 1

Bronco

Like or loathe Madonna. It is undeniable she is the OG Queen of Pop. 80s Madonna - touring, fearlessness, rebelliousness, next level performances, music videos etc is the blue print every successful MPG ever since has used to elevate themselves. 
Almost every MPG that's followed has cited Madonna as an early inspiration. Her influence on women in pop is undeniable. 

I mean the fact 30 years on, Blonde Ambition is still talked about in general pop culture convos is proof enough. 

• YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1