Ladle Ghoulash 55,373 Posted July 26, 2024 Share Posted July 26, 2024 30 minutes ago, LateToCult said: Wonder if this is a sign she’s chosen Shapiro to be her running mate. However middle of the road this statement is, it’s as pro-Gaza as you’re ever gonna get from a politician running to be president. Having Shapiro on board could possibly free her up to be this bold. Wdym by this? Shapiro compared pro-Palestinian protestors to the KKK. He would actually drag down the ticket in terms of boldly addressing the crisis in Gaza + Israeli-Palestinian relations. We have forgotten our public MANNERS Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Purrrrrr 18,533 Posted July 26, 2024 Share Posted July 26, 2024 42 minutes ago, Chlorine said: Here is the video could they not have given her a teleprompter so she didn't have to look down every 2 seconds it made it feel awkward Meow Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
HelloHangoverz 17,452 Posted July 26, 2024 Share Posted July 26, 2024 Just now, Ladle Ghoulash said: Nothing hypocritical about her statement. You got bodied, I fear The Ghoulash is extra spicy this evening Availability is not weakness Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ladle Ghoulash 55,373 Posted July 26, 2024 Share Posted July 26, 2024 28 minutes ago, MessyTop said: I think Shapiro is a great politician, but it could get very complicated. From all the polls everyone wants Pete or Gretchen. We shall see Gretchen has already declined and has opted to serve as co-chair of the campaign. We have forgotten our public MANNERS Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
LateToCult 42,254 Posted July 26, 2024 Share Posted July 26, 2024 21 minutes ago, MessyTop said: I think Shapiro is a great politician, but it could get very complicated. From all the polls everyone wants Pete or Gretchen. We shall see Pete is probably near the bottom of the list. Aside from the gay factor, he also brings nothing of value to her electoral map. I think he’s in the running for some other position within her cabinet though. Gretch is a wild card. I’d place her higher on the list than Pete but again, the “identity politics” is just such a big hurdle. I don’t even think Shapiro is all that great tbh but he ticks most of the boxes and Pennsylvania is just such a must for this election. Skipping out on him could be a big mistake. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
LateToCult 42,254 Posted July 26, 2024 Share Posted July 26, 2024 3 minutes ago, Ladle Ghoulash said: Wdym by this? Shapiro compared pro-Palestinian protestors to the KKK. He would actually drag down the ticket in terms of boldly addressing the crisis in Gaza + Israeli-Palestinian relations. Because it giver her a little armor against antisemitism attacks, which are actually more harmful for her campaign than attacks from the left. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ladle Ghoulash 55,373 Posted July 26, 2024 Share Posted July 26, 2024 1 minute ago, LateToCult said: Pete is probably near the bottom of the list. Aside from the gay factor, he also brings nothing of value to her electoral map. I think he’s in the running for some other position within her cabinet though. Gretch is a wild card. I’d place her higher on the list than Pete but again, the “identity politics” is just such a big hurdle. I don’t even think Shapiro is all that great tbh but he ticks most of the boxes and Pennsylvania is just such a must for this election. Skipping out on him could be a big mistake. Disagree on Pete. Pete, aside from the potential idpol issue of the ticket being a woman of color and a gay man, has pretty broad appeal when it comes to moderates and independents (which would be key in each of the swing states). I definitely get the logic that picking a popular Dem from a swing state might secure *that state* but I don’t think that’s the only factor worth considering. IMO, Walz, Buttigieg, and Beshear are the best choices: somewhat moderate white men from the Midwest capable of articulating the ambitions and accomplishments of the future admin while simultaneously being able to play offense against GOP spin. I think all three have proven capable of playing that role and, imo, Shapiro’s hardline stance against pro-Palestinian protests seems like a bit of a liability to me (could dampen youth enthusiasm). We have forgotten our public MANNERS Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ladle Ghoulash 55,373 Posted July 26, 2024 Share Posted July 26, 2024 2 minutes ago, LateToCult said: Because it giver her a little armor against antisemitism attacks, which are actually more harmful for her campaign than attacks from the left. I don’t necessarily like the optics of her using a Jewish pol as a human shield against accusations of antisemitism and I can’t help but feel like having an ideological divide that wide on the same ticket might not be good from a governing POV. We’ll see tho. We have forgotten our public MANNERS Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
MessyTop 14,389 Posted July 26, 2024 Share Posted July 26, 2024 8 minutes ago, LateToCult said: Pete is probably near the bottom of the list. Aside from the gay factor, he also brings nothing of value to her electoral map. I think he’s in the running for some other position within her cabinet though. Gretch is a wild card. I’d place her higher on the list than Pete but again, the “identity politics” is just such a big hurdle. I don’t even think Shapiro is all that great tbh but he ticks most of the boxes and Pennsylvania is just such a must for this election. Skipping out on him could be a big mistake. what list are you talking about? He’s on top on every poll. Um , I wouldn’t dismiss Pete that fast, Pete is the only one ever to win a Primary plus he’s the only Democrat on the daily in Fox News trying to reach to republicans. Pete Buttigieg Favorite to Become Kamala Harris' Running Mate https://www.newsweek.com/pete-buttigieg-kamala-harris-running-mate-odds-presidenital-election-192825 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ladle Ghoulash 55,373 Posted July 26, 2024 Share Posted July 26, 2024 11 minutes ago, HelloHangoverz said: The Ghoulash is extra spicy this evening DINNER IS SERVED We have forgotten our public MANNERS Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
HelloHangoverz 17,452 Posted July 26, 2024 Share Posted July 26, 2024 1 minute ago, MessyTop said: Um , I wouldn’t dismiss Pete that fast, Pete is the only one ever to win a Primary plus he’s the only Democrat on the daily in Fox News trying to reach to republicans. Pete Buttigieg Favorite to Become Kamala Harris' Running Mate https://www.newsweek.com/pete-buttigieg-kamala-harris-running-mate-odds-presidenital-election-192825 he's also hot. let's not discount the vapid surburban voter that votes with their genitals. luckily for y'all I'm not American Availability is not weakness Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
HelloHangoverz 17,452 Posted July 26, 2024 Share Posted July 26, 2024 1 minute ago, Ladle Ghoulash said: DINNER IS SERVED are you running for VP? you should Availability is not weakness Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
StarstruckIllusion 53,777 Posted July 26, 2024 Share Posted July 26, 2024 I hope everyone realizes she cannot start pledging to stop arms to Israel before she’s elected. Stop expecting that speech from her - but I have more hope it’s the direction she’ll go in as leader. I watched her 5 minute full speech. Very fair and very beautiful. Israel needs to defend itself with hope and opportunity, not bombs and destruction. She must hold him to the fire Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
MessyTop 14,389 Posted July 26, 2024 Share Posted July 26, 2024 1 minute ago, HelloHangoverz said: he's also hot. let's not discount the vapid surburban voter that votes with their genitals. luckily for y'all I'm not American Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ladle Ghoulash 55,373 Posted July 26, 2024 Share Posted July 26, 2024 Just now, HelloHangoverz said: are you running for VP? you should We have forgotten our public MANNERS Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.