Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Joker: Folie À Deux | Trailer 2 - OUT NOW

Louie

Featured Posts

Panchecco

Surprised at how few Gaga scenes they showed, I'm assuming most of them will be singing and I feel they are editing them out purposefully

• Thanks 1

Bowman

It’s a good second trailer because they didn’t show too much, I would say I preferred the first one way more though 

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

FreedomInTheMusic

There’s a lot is strategy to how you cut a trailer together. Typically, if you’re less confident in a movie or think you need to give audiences a reason to show up, you’ll cut in more action and be a bit more up front about what the story is. So far, everything about this roll out screams confidence. We have a couple of great stills to be hero images in major PR articles. We have two beautiful trailers that give very little away. We have a premier at a major festival and a release date that’s cleared of significant competition. By all accounts, WB is setting this up to be their biggest H2 release, which is the best sign so far that we have something truly special on our hands.

Can’t wait for this! Truly could be another peak in Gaga’s career

• Like 3
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

RAMROD

GTLh1_FXgAADHEX?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by RAMROD
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ WUMBOLOGY! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Linus Gaga
10 minutes ago, Panchecco said:

Surprised at how few Gaga scenes they showed, I'm assuming most of them will be singing and I feel they are editing them out purposefully

Well I guess is not like they accidently forgot to put her scenes there :ladyhaha: so has to be purposely 

Edited by Linus Gaga
Hit me a message and say hi !

Reality

After watching the trailer multiple times, I'm coming around to it. I liked it upon first watch, but it didn't hit me as hard as the first trailer. After watching it more and seeing some reactions to it, I've grown to really like it. I don't know how to explain it, but the pacing and music of the first trailer made it more captivating. I think it's because it was a teaser trailer and the whole point of teasers is that they just give you the "vibe" of the movie, while this trailer had to do more explaining of what the story is.

Regardless, I'm so f*cking excited for this movie and I can't wait!! I legitimately think the first Joker is one of the best comic book films and Gaga's perfectly cast as the Harley for this universe. This will undoubtedly be her best movie to date. :heart: 

I will say, I'm surprised that they're still keeping the whole musical aspect kind of under wraps. We all know this is a musical and even though there is singing in the trailer, unless you knew it was a musical, I don't think you'd get that impression from this trailer alone. 

🃏🖤👹
  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 2

Battle 4 Ur Life

It was the “It’s ok baby, let’s give the people what they want” line that sold it for me BECAUSE you can see how good she’s in it. the forced enthusiasm in her gaze but it’s so subtle it’s almost like she’s forcing it. a clown who’s just not feeling it.

She really created an authentic Harley just like she said. And I think it’s gonna turn out amazing and fit the script and cinematography like a glove.

And Joaquin still owns the movie which is awesome. They’re both fighting hard for the screen tho. it’s insane.

The first trailer was more energetic and visual focused. this one’s clearly meant to sell a story which is mostly a musical so I think they did very good with this too.

I guess we’re all gonna have to be there at premiere to actually see Lee because that’s all the teasing we’ll get I’m afraid.

besides no new Harley looks besides the 60’s show look I’m happy with this one too. the GP will only take so much Lady Gaga anyway. let them be teaspoon fed.

Edited by Battle 4 Ur Life
"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."
  • Like 1

Panchecco
7 minutes ago, Linus Gaga said:

Well I guess is not like they accidently forgot to put her scenes there :ladyhaha: so has to be purposely 

yes what I meant is that they seem to want to keep her character a mystery up until the release

• YAAAS 1

Juniper
1 hour ago, Hydrangea said:

I know she’s supposed to be Harley but I really can’t separate Gaga from the character. In quite a few scenes she just looks like herself like come on where’s the actual Harlequin-ness of it all? 

Edit: not to say that it’s a bad thing I love her and I’m excited I just idk

I have the same problem with everything she’s in, so I’m so jealous of people who are able to see the character instead of “just” Gaga. She’s too close to home so I only see Gaga all the time. :traumatica: And I agree, it doesn’t mean she’s bad. 

Edonis

first trailer was much more exciting than the second trailer, but the new scenes were fun to see. I'm glad the true nature of Harley is being kept under wraps as well. 

but I'm soooooo curious how the reception of this film is going to be. Mixed? Mixed-to-positive? Universal Acclaim? perched for when the early reviews are teased after Venice. 

I'm an outsider but can someone explain if her accent is LA or New York. She sounds way too rich for her character.

Anderson123

Looks so good. I was scared they’d give too much away or show Gaga in her crazy stuff but this is just perfect. You know she’s going to be trouble from looking at that stairs scene with a smirk and the elevator part. I’m glad they’re keeping the mystery for audience that attends. 

steven
20 minutes ago, Edonis said:

first trailer was much more exciting than the second trailer, but the new scenes were fun to see. I'm glad the true nature of Harley is being kept under wraps as well. 

but I'm soooooo curious how the reception of this film is going to be. Mixed? Mixed-to-positive? Universal Acclaim? perched for when the early reviews are teased after Venice. 

Exact, I feel like the first trailer was definitely stronger and more appealing. 

• Like 2

RAMROD
4 minutes ago, Edonis said:

first trailer was much more exciting than the second trailer

1 minute ago, steven said:

Exact, I feel like the first trailer was definitely stronger and more appealing. 

Naturally. :fan:

first trailer are to tease, so they give all the glam shots to take you in, rarely if ever includes scenes with dialogues.

second trailer more focused on giving hints for story, so not so much new scenes but giving a little contexts on the one we've seen. 

third trailer are rare but when happening, usually shorter duration, closer to release date as final attempt to entice people to watch the movie, hence it can sometimes giving away too much. :fan:

RAMROD
13 minutes ago, Bok said:

I'm an outsider but can someone explain if her accent is LA or New York. She sounds way too rich for her character.

How so? The creator, Paul Dini, made Harley as Jewish New Yorker, based on the voice actor for the character, Arleen Sorkin.