Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Eminem debuts at #1 on Billboard 200, Taylor Swift at #4

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Eminem achieves his 11th No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 chart (dated July 27) as his latest studio album, The Death of Slim Shady (Coup de Grâce), debuts atop the list. 
Plus, after 12 consecutive weeks at No. 1, Taylor Swift’s The Tortured Poets Department spends its first week outside the top slot, falling to No. 4 in its 13th week on the list.

Of The Death of Slim Shady (Coup de Grâce)’s 281,000 first-week units, SEA units comprise 164,500 (equaling 220.08 million on-demand official streams of the tracks on the streaming edition of the album; Death also debuts at No. 1 on Top Streaming Albums), album sales comprise 114,000 (all from digital downloads; it wasn’t available as a physical album) and TEA units comprise 2,500.

1Eminem "The Death of Slim Shady (Coup de Grâce)" - 281,000 units (debut) 
2.ENHYPEN "ROMANCE: UNTOLD" - 124,000(debut) 
3(-1)Zach Bryan "The Great American Bar Scene" - 88,000(down 36%)
4(-3) Taylor Swift "The Tortured Poets Department" - 82,000(down 50%)
5(-2)  Wallen Morgan  "One Thing At a Time" - 66,000(down 5%)
6(-2) Billie Eilish "Hit Me Hard and Soft" - 57,000(down 2%)
7 (-2) Chappell Roan "The Rise and Fall of a Midwest Princess" - 54,000(down 1%)
8. Clairo "Charm" - 47,000(debut) 
9. Megan Moroney "Am I Okay?" - 43,000(debut) 
10(-3) Noah Kahan "Stick Season Song" - 40,000(up 4%)

Edited by Teletubby
Cockroach of GGD

Rifek

The Death Of Slim Shady is literally the death of slim shady (aka Saylor Twift) on the chart 

Roses Funeral GIF by Un si grand soleil

❗️ IG: thebumblebee__ ❗️
  • LMAO 3

RenegAde

I wanted taylors streak to be broken because it was artificial but not by a bully who has probably bullied her too.

• Like 1

Teletubby
Just now, RenegAde said:

who has probably bullied her too.

he didn't, he slammed Kanye after 2009 VMAs
+ she is also a fan of him

Cockroach of GGD
  • Like 1

King of the Fall

Critics seem to hate Eminems new album but the fans are loving it. I went in expecting to hate it but ended up really liking at least half the tracks

TTPD was never organically successful, just propped up by Taylors massive fanbase and manipulation of the charts with variants 

Edited by King of the Fall
The problem was, she had a little black book and my name was written on every page
  • Like 2

IllusionLover

Taylor, you HAD ONE JOB and that was releasing The Anthology on cd :messga:

I hate it here so I will go to secret gardens in my mind...

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes
  • LMAO 4

IllusionLover
12 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

I wanted taylors streak to be broken because it was artificial but not by a bully who has probably bullied her too.

I wanted her to get that 13 week, it would've been so on brand for her

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes
  • Like 1

RenegAde
15 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

he didn't, he slammed Kanye after 2009 VMAs
+ she is also a fan of him

That's great, atleast we cant add taylor to his extensive history of bullying and  trolling other artists especially the females

RenegAde
15 minutes ago, IllusionLover said:

I wanted her to get that 13 week, it would've been so on brand for her

:awkney:

• LMAO 2

Catnikko

without different versions etc, how much power does taylor's album have to remain high charting? Is it doing well stream wise?

Dance in the shadow of the meow

Bronco
10 minutes ago, Catnikko said:

without different versions etc, how much power does taylor's album have to remain high charting? Is it doing well stream wise?

I've not looked at the breakdown this week, but I'm not aware of any variants being released this week digitally or physical copies being shipped. So I'd imagine that she's primarily carried by streams this week - it's a 31 track album, so has double the potential streams compared to most other albums. 

IF the rumours of the Rep TV coming within the next few weeks (likely announcement at the upcoming Wembley shows) - I'd wager TTPD streams will tank as Swifties have a burst of excitement and switch to focusing on Reputation. 

• Like 1

HelloHangoverz
6 minutes ago, Bronco said:

I've not looked at the breakdown this week, but I'm not aware of any variants being released this week digitally or physical copies being shipped. So I'd imagine that she's primarily carried by streams this week - it's a 31 track album, so has double the potential streams compared to most other albums. 

IF the rumours of the Rep TV coming within the next few weeks (likely announcement at the upcoming Wembley shows) - I'd wager TTPD streams will tank as Swifties have a burst of excitement and switch to focusing on Reputation. 

I find it convenient that its position drops only after she's beaten Whitney's record tbh. I doubt there will be any further variants tbh

Cardi B on criteria for female artists: ‘They want you to be Mother Teresa’