💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Billboard: The 12 Worst National Anthem Performances Ever

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

1. Kat DeLuna 2008 
Once a pop newcomer with a bright future, the Dominican singer never quite recovered from this national anthem performance at a 2008 Dallas Cowboys game. Any way you look at it, it's a spectacular failure. She tries too hard to hit the notes that only a rarefied circle of divas can, then takes us on a painfully bumpy roller coaster ride of vocal runs. She half-forgets the lyrics. She completely botches the last note.

2. Roseanne Barr 1990
She wanted to be obnoxious, in a number of ways — by shouting the lyrics totally off-key, grabbing her crotch, and spitting on the pitcher's mound — and it worked. The best part of this particular video, though, is that it serves to remind us that Madonna not only felt honored by Barr's performance but spoke with an entirely different accent two decades ago.

3. Fergie 2018
The former Black Eyed Peas singer gave one of the most “creative” renditions of the anthem. 

4. Ingrid Andress 2024
At least she didn’t forget the words? Ingrid Andress was able to make it through the full anthem without stopping or flubbing any lyrics.
5. Michael Bolton 200
At a Red Sox vs. Yankees baseball game in 2003, the crooner invited the wrath of fans when he dared to peek at the lyrics scrawled on his palm. Between that and the bizarre echo following his every line, Bolton's performance was an epic fail.
6. Scott Stapp 2005
The Grammy Award-winning voice of Creed has bungled the national anthem on several occasions, but a 2005 performance from the NASCAR Ford 400 best demonstrates why this man should never sing this song. 
7. Aaron Neville, Aretha Franklin & Dr. John 2006
Super Bowl XL was the first since Hurricane Katrina, and two New Orleans heroes — Aaron Neville and Dr. John — were there to proudly represent their hometown, along with Aretha Franklin. Also, a gospel choir! But sadly, these elements added up to something that just didn't leave us feeling good. 
8. Steven Tyler 2001 & 2012
The Aerosmith frontman's one-of-a-kind voice is perfectly suited to howling choruses like "Love in an elevatuhhh," "What did her daddy doooo," or, "Dream until you're dreams come truuue." "O'er the land of the freeeee," however? Not so much. 
9. R. Kelly 2005
R. Kelly must have been trying to channel the great Marvin Gaye when he decided to go with a soul arrangement of the national anthem for a boxing bout. 
10. Christina Aguilera 2011
Aguilera changed the words in the song's fourth line, merging the lyrics with the song's second line. And that final note? Yeesh.
11. Keri Hilson 2010
At an NBA Lakers vs. Hawks game in 2010 Hilson committed the sin of all sins: forgetting the lyrics.
12. Jesse McCartney 2009
Jesse McCartney forgot some of the words to the National Anthem during his performance at the NASCAR Sprint Cup Race in 2009, but there are a few upsides but  missing a line totally distracted everyone from how pitchy and wobbly he was.
https://www.billboard.com/lists/worst-national-anthem-performances-ever/jesse-mccartney-2009/

Cockroach of GGD

Lextyr97
1 minute ago, Anderson123 said:

Now we need a list of best ones.

receipts-sister-patterson.gif

That were sung live*

• Like 10

RenegAde

Where is Carl Lewis?

Iv watched many national anthems and some of the choices on here weren't even that bad, they just over sang. Case in point legendtina.

Its clear that whoever compiled this list threw some names in there just to make this list relevant because no one will click if they weren't mentioned.

Edited by RenegAde

King of the Fall
56 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

Whitney Houston, Gaga and Chris Stapleton were the first ones who came to my mind

Edited by King of the Fall
He never sleeps. He says that he will never die. He dances in light and shadow and he is a great favorite
  • Love 1

Controversiaga

I’m sorry Fergie placed above Ingrid ??????

fergie at least had some kind of style character and direction with hers. She at least made it entertaining and it had replay value and ICONIC moments

ingrids was boring AF. 

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”
  • Like 1

Controversiaga
1 hour ago, Lextyr97 said:

That were sung live*

Suspicious Whitney Houston GIF

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”
  • LMAO 2

27monster27
2 hours ago, Anderson123 said:

Destiny's Child 2006>>>>

he/him/his
  • Like 1

Zaskar

I want Lana to perform the anthem in her “ :lana:“ style 

Didymus

Watching Kat and I think she did a pretty awesome job lol. That description is WILD.

Decodekid
22 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Watching Kat and I think she did a pretty awesome job lol. That description is WILD.

Ikr???? Maybe she just needed more control or a dif technique but she can sing for sure idk :ohwell:

Long Live Gretchen
  • Like 1

Bloody Michael
1 hour ago, Didymus said:

Truly, I wouldn't even put her on the top 12... and people booing at her ? 

Maybe with a safer approach from her vocals it could've been better. 

Edited by Bloody Michael

SlaeUrAnus

Roseanne Barr’s absolutely SENT me. I’m crying :icant:

In my messy era.

Monstermilo
10 hours ago, Lextyr97 said:

That were sung live*

so basically only Gaga LOL

• LMAO 1