'DWAS' MUSIC VIDEO OUT NOW
Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Taylor Swift's TTPD become the only album by a woman to spend its first 12 weeks at 1

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

The Tortured Poets Department surpasses Whitney Houston’s 1987 album Whitney to become the only album by a woman to spend its first 12 weeks at No. 1. The latter spent all 11 of its weeks atop the list from its debut frame (June 27, 1987-dated chart).

Taylor Swift’s The Tortured Poets Department captures a 12th consecutive and total week at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 (dated July 20).

The Tortured Poets Department earned 163,000 equivalent album units in the U.S. in the week ending July 11 (up 43% — its first gain in seven weeks), according to Luminate. The album debuted atop the chart dated May 4 and has yet to yield the No. 1 slot.

Of The Tortured Poets Department’s 163,000 units earned in the week ending July 11, album sales comprise 90,000 (up 154%), SEA units comprise 72,000 (down 7%, equaling 94.83 million on-demand official streams of the deluxe album’s 31 songs) and TEA units comprise 1,000 (up 7%).

Of Swift’s overall album sales for the week, CD sales comprise 67,000 (up 127%), digital album download sales comprise 19,000 (up 1,266%) and vinyl sales comprise 4,000 (down 10%).

The Tortured Poets Department’s overall weekly increase was bolstered in part by sales generated from Swift’s official webstore, which restocked 7 earlier-released CD variants of the album (including a signed edition). The restocked items were available to purchase for a few hours on Sunday, June 7, and shipped shortly afterwards. In addition, Swift released 3 new digital album download variants of the album on Thursday, July 11, sold exclusively in her webstore for $4.99 each, and were only available to purchase that day. Each contained the original standard 16-song album tracklist, along with one bonus live acoustic track.

The Tortured Poets Department also got a boost in the latest chart’s tracking week thanks to activity generated by the July 8 release of two versions of the album’s lead single, the Post Malone-featuring “Fortnight,” to streaming services and digital retailers: a Cults remix and an acoustic rendition.

https://www.billboard.com/music/chart-beat/taylor-swift-career-best-12th-week-number-one-billboard-200-tortured-poets-department-1235730713/

My red fur tastes like Pepsi Cola My eyes are wide like 🍒 pies I gots a taste for men who are married
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 6
  • YAAAS 10
  • Love 4
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 10

Economy

But the record for total weeks at #1 not just debut is still 21 by Adele right?

bionic

It's Taylor's world, and we're lucky to be living in it! :vegas: 

buy bionic
  • LMAO 4
  • Love 2

Donatellah

Would be happy for that if it wasn't achieved by thirsty and petty strategies :vegas:

• Like 15
  • LMAO 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 3

Controversiaga

Completely artificial 

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”
  • Like 6
  • YAAAS 1

Lucas

Lemme tell you if all female artists released 30 versions of the same album, she wouldn't be the only one. It's nothing but cheating her way up to the top while scamming her fans at the same time. I don't understand how her fans still celebrate her "achievements".

• YAAAS 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 7

Donatellah
10 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Lemme tell you if all female artists released 30 versions of the same album, she wouldn't be the only one. It's nothing but cheating her way up to the top while scamming her fans at the same time. I don't understand how her fans still celebrate her "achievements".

I don't see this as an "achievement" but a result of her marketing. Did she want this? Cool. Would I, and many other people celebrate it? nah, because it wasn't achieved in a way that was really deserved. This only could be possible by selling 30 versions of the same album, which honestly, does read a bit sad and petty. :vegas:

That being said, keep selling 100 versions of your album, mama. That's the only way you can get what you want, sadly. :firega:

Edited by Donatellah
  • Like 5

Karl

Surely the streams are pushing the album as much as the variants? So there must be staying power outside the fan base 

Lucas
1 minute ago, Karl said:

Surely the streams are pushing the album as much as the variants? So there must be staying power outside the fan base 

I think Billie's latest album is streaming more than TTPD even though it has only a third of the amount of tracks of TTPD

• Like 3
  • Shook 1

lastpopicon

I can't even be mad, respect the hustle lmao But she better not try anything when Gaga releases though :dom:

The melody that you choose can rescue you
  • Thanks 2