💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Anyone else thinks self-esteem, self-love songs are mostly cringy?

Bambino

Featured Posts

Bambino

Not saying all of them, but for the majority, aren't they just cringy, exhausted and expected?

FREE PALESTINE
  • Like 3

palma

some bold words for a person stanning the woman who released BTW :bear:

Jokes aside, the substance is everything when it comes to empowerment songs. If you're not going to execute it well with a well-developed message they usually suck tbh.

Is there some reason my LG7 isn't here? Has she died or something?
  • Like 4
  • LMAO 1

Red

Not really but I’m getting tired of them tbh

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Bambino
4 minutes ago, palma said:

some bold words for a person stanning the woman who released BTW

The only bold word here is "stanning" :classy:

FREE PALESTINE
  • Shook 3

palma
Just now, Bambino said:

Hand in your LGBTQIA+ membership card RIGHT NOW :dom:

• Thanks 1

Bambino
Just now, palma said:

Hand in your LGBTQIA+ membership card RIGHT NOW

Putting aside my current view of Gaga, BTW, both song and album, were very well made. I'm mostly talking about the songs that are "yeah you can, yeah you are yeah baby yoooooo..." this type of ****

FREE PALESTINE
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 3

holy scheisse

Depends on how it’s done I think. Any song topic can be cringey 

thank u next by Ari and flowers by Miley are examples of pop songs on this topic that don’t come across as cringe to me personally

firework by Katy, woman’s world by Katy, roar by Katy are examples that do come across as cringe 

:teenidle:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Real Panda

I dont think majority of them are cringey, perhaps you might not have heard some good self-esteem/self-love songs. Here are some that I love:

Born This Way by Lady Gaga

Stronger by Kelly Clarkson

Try by Colbie Caillat

Beautiful by Christina Aguilera

Scars To Your Beautiful by Alessia Cara

Who You Are by Jessie J

Brave by Sara Bareilles

I Am Not My Hair by India.Arie

You Say by Lauren Daigle

• Love 4

ARTPOPKISS
23 minutes ago, Bambino said:

Wait hold up gurl where did u go :triggered:

F@ggotry at its finest

palma
11 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

firework by Katy, woman’s world by Katy, roar by Katy are examples that do come across as cringe 

:teenidle:

Don't forget *check's Katy's discography*

- Part of Me

- Rise 

- Swish Swish

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

• LMAO 1

bim

One of the things I find most beautiful about music is the subjectivity in how it can mean different things for different people. Sometimes people need a very literal self-love anthem to get through the day because the feeling it brings them is more important than the technical quality of the song itself. Our own unique experiences and perspectives and emotions lead to songs and artists and lyrics resonating differently with different people. Even if there is a collective understanding or interpretation, people still can make it their own. 

Stupid Love turned into a self-love anthem for me actually. When I was having hard days living alone over the pandemic, I would blast that song in my headphones and sing it to myself in the mirror as a reminder that my own love was what I needed and how I was craving more of it from myself. That gritty ‘gotta have faith in me’ she sings from the gut always helps me remember to believe in myself. I don’t find Stupid Love to be the be-all, end-all of music or have deeply poetic lyrics, but all the same I love it for the ways it’s helped me to love myself more and be silly and campy and dance out some feelings.

If someone wants to create music with the energy of self love, even if it’s cheesy or cringy to a degree, then hell yeah. The world kinda needs it. 

AnnTakamaki

depend on the lyrics to me, cause after born this way we saw a lot of self empowerment song but with cringy lyrics

RenegAde

Every theme can be cringe depends on how its written and who it's coming from 

RAMROD

It can be, but not all. So to generalize every single ones with the theme as cringy or tacky is unfair imho.

The ones that comes as tacky usually are written poorly, and not very genuine with the message. Just some pandering mess that hope to inspire. And there are certain artists who are always doing this. 

However, there are ones that are actually well written, and cultivated with care. Hence the outcome are indeed inspirational and empowering. 

Like, you won't called Beautiful by XTina, Euphoria by Loreen, Yellow Flicker Beat by Lorde, Man In The Mirror by Michael Jackson, Bullet Proof by LaRoux, Body Of My Own by Charli XCX, or Unpretty by TLC as cringy, would you? Just to name some. 

Edited by RAMROD
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ sausage so good! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Ronk

Lyrics that are cringy to one person may be exactly what another person needs to hear.  And the performance of a song can make a difference, including musical style, orchestration, etc. 

I live outside the space time continuum.
  • Like 1