💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Was Joanne Ahead of Its Time, too?

Juanjo

Featured Posts

Juanjo

So, it seems folksy, indie and acoustic pop is what’s in, rn. Do ya’ll think Joanne would’ve performed a lot better if Gaga would’ve released it today? Gaga once said she has the ability to predict what’s next in music, and clearly, she’s demonstrated this is true. Does this mean LG7 will also be ahead of its time, and, therefore, not resonate with most of the GP, because it’s not what they’re currently listening to? :ohno: I want to read your thoughts, Little Managers. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Lucas

Ahead of its time and trend-setter are very different

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

2School4Cool

I would definitely call it a trend-setter. All of a sudden it became the “cool” thing to do to make reflective folksy stripped back albums. Not saying others are copying her, or that she’s the first to ever do that, but she did sort of start a modern trend

See The Best In Everyone
  • Like 8

crazygato

In a way yes for the 2010's. Defenitly a  trend setter. Before 2017 i can barely remember any popular acoustic,folksy, americana type of pop songs. I think Kesha tried to do it in 2012/ 2013 with some success??? 

One thing that baffles me is that they chose Perfect Illusion as the lead when DH, A-Yo, and JW were RIGHT THERE!!!  PI is a wrong impression of the album.  It was definitly her label who forced her to release it. If she had done JW- AYo- MR as the singles rollout then I think it would have been a more honest presentation of the album. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

Rebelde
39 minutes ago, Juanjo said:

Do ya’ll think Joanne would’ve performed a lot better if Gaga would’ve released it today?

I'm sorry but absolutely not lol

• Like 9

juicyjuicy
11 minutes ago, crazygato said:

In a way yes for the 2010's. Defenitly a  trend setter. Before 2017 i can barely remember any popular acoustic,folksy, americana type of pop songs. I think Kesha tried to do it in 2012/ 2013 with some success??? 

One thing that baffles me is that they chose Perfect Illusion as the lead when DH, A-Yo, and JW were RIGHT THERE!!!  PI is a wrong impression of the album.  It was definitly her label who forced her to release it. If she had done JW- AYo- MR as the singles rollout then I think it would have been a more honest presentation of the album. 

THIS SFM. I was honestly convinced A-YO was supposed to be lead or at least second single. How it didn’t get ANY single treatment or radio play at all is a sin.

Also, Diamond Heart being one of her best songs ever and being paid bloody dust…

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

SevenWonder
14 minutes ago, crazygato said:

I think if she should have made Diamond Heart lead (love JW, but I think DH is one of her best songs). Then A-Yo as followup and MR and the final single. But I agree totally with your point. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Chlorine

No, it was not ahead of its time. The only benefit of releasing it today is that she would still have the opportunity to scrap it. :happy:

• Like 1
  • LMAO 2
  • Thanks 1

steven

Joanne was pretty uneventful and mid, so no I don't think it was very ahead of its time.

• Like 1

Catnikko

it's more ahead of it's time then some of y'all seem to think ARTPOP was, let's just say that

gia-gunn-room-for-everybody.gif

Dance in the shadow of the meow
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 4
  • Thanks 4

Juanjo
1 hour ago, crazygato said:

Interscope needs to stop deciding what lead/singles are released. I hope Gaga has renegotiated, so that she has most of the control in this. The fact A-YO and DH were not singles really pisses me off. :grr: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nessun Dorma

I love Joanne! And whoever finds it hard to acknowledge this masterpiece has a major inability to appreciate good music :selena:

Was it innovative by the standards of its time though? I don’t think so. It was sure innovative for Gaga. Contrary to what some people say, she didn’t play it safe and delivered a totally different sound from her past works. 

I consider it mainly a folk rock album with strong country, jazz and R&B elements. And the road that led to Joanne was already paved a long time before. I can mention Fleetwood Mac, Paul Simon, Bod Dylan, Joni Mitchell and Cat Stevens as examples of folk rock true pioneers. 

find your freedom in the music
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 1

Controversiaga

I wish the album would’ve pursued a new sound that was inspired by the sound it ended up with.

the album sounds like it could’ve been released back in 2010. Nothing about it feels really fresh or ahead of its time imo 

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

androiduser

no, not at all... it's a classic sound that a lot of artists have done before and after.... the term "ahead of its time" gets thrown around a lot, because often there is no objective proof

• Like 1