💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Katy Perry announces album "143" and previews new songs

Teletubby

Featured Posts

uo111

Why is she wearing inner tubes? Can’t she swim?

RochestrMonstr
19 minutes ago, NATAH said:

oh this comment stinks

I should have just said “I don’t wish anything bad for her”. I personally don’t like that she worked with Dr. Luke. 

• Love 1

NATAH
12 minutes ago, RochestrMonstr said:

I should have just said “I don’t wish anything bad for her”. I personally don’t like that she worked with Dr. Luke. 

oh no worries, as you were :diane:

mother, what must i do?

StupidLoveBis
3 hours ago, NATAH said:

why would you not count chromatica when it had the same set of announcements and leaks? :air:

Because the album cover had leaked, stupid love had leaked, the tracklist had leaked..the only surprise were early May 2020 when she announced the new release date.

I had absolutely no excitement when one fine Tuesday she announced stupid love.

Edited by StupidLoveBis

itsandrewtbh

Now I did play down the stupid love comparisons at first because of the whole Dr puke thing, however me and my friend just listened to this with headphones and he literally just said "im sorry that's literally Gaga" and I won't lie even I'm a bit shocked how blatantly like stupid love this is

Maybe she is emulating chromatica on purpose so the era is clouded with Gaga comparisons rather than Dr puke?

https://x.com/katyperrybr/status/1811077043569758507?t=fOcLE4on87HmwI4bJKbWdg&s=19

The last mosquito that bit me had to book into the Betty ford clinic x

AnglerfishbraBENUS

it is at least a little reassuring that she is releasing more of a natural follow up to Prism than Witness and Smile lol

I like when pop stars are true to form. not saying i like her music

Catnikko

this is literally stupid love's instrumental with one note different :air: 

Dance in the shadow of the meow
  • Like 1

Anderson123

This is going to be super dance pop and looks 90s influenced. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people here end up loving and call it a guilty pleasure. :emma: Dr. Luke and Katy are truly gonna give the gays everything they like.

Edited by Anderson123
  • Love 1

MessyTop

I’m so surprised that the announcement thread is already 7 pages! I get that mostly everyone wants Katy and the single/album to flop cause of Dr.Luke, I’m just surprised at the engagement here. I know everyone is dragging her, but still a trending thread! 
im excited for the album, I’m craving new pop music.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Sad 2

NATAH
54 minutes ago, StupidLoveBis said:

Because the album cover had leaked, stupid love had leaked, the tracklist had leaked..the only surprise were early May 2020 when she announced the new release date.

I had absolutely no excitement when one fine Tuesday she announced stupid love.

so why are you jealous of this when the exact same has happened here?

mother, what must i do?

SlaeUrAnus

The title is the amount of variants Taylor is going to release to block her from #1 (but I don’t mind :river:)

Edited by SlaeUrAnus
In my messy era.

StrawberryBlond

This is probably as best as I could've hoped for. I think it's the background colours that aren't doing it for me. I think I prefer that side angle that @MessyTop posted on page 3. And the back cover looks really good. I quite like the exclusive vinyl a bit better. Ultimately, I feel it doesn't gel with the title. This isn't the imagery I'd expect with that bunch of numbers or what 143 represents (I Love You). Surely Katy holding a heart up to her chest or holding it towards the viewer would've made more sense? I really think it deserved a better title than this. I stand by the theory that the album title can help towards how successful it is. People have to understand what it means and connect to that meaning. 

• Thanks 1

MessyTop

HQ alternate cover:

IMG-3657.jpg

loving the aesthetics so far: 

IMG-3658.jpg

Edited by MessyTop
  • Like 5
  • YAAAS 2

NATAH

i'm kinda seeing a bit of born this way in it too?

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 1

Emigrante
5 hours ago, GipJo said:

What does 143 mean exactly?

She’s 1 human being and has 43 years old. That’s what she told in interview for Vogue Poland.

Edited by Emigrante
Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

• Teletubby changed the title to Katy Perry announces album "143" and previews new songs