💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Katy Perry announces album "143" and previews new songs

Teletubby

Featured Posts

RochestrMonstr

It just seems so strange to me that people are/were expecting some kind of huge comeback era from this 40 year old woman with limited vocal talent.

Maybe she will have a huge era, there’s no way to know the future. I can’t imagine why she would though. 

• Like 2
  • LMAO 1

Anderson123
Just now, StupidLoveBis said:

Honestly, I find the whole thing very beautiful, it's just a shame that the first music video doesn't seem to follow this futuristic aesthetic (at least what the teaser shows).

Honestly, it must be so exciting for these fans, all these announcements coming one after the other. To think we haven't experienced this since 2016... (I'm not counting chromatica, because between the leak and the covid delay, the announcements were less exciting).

I really envy them.

Uhh. Chromatica was even more exciting than Joanne for me, even with the leaks and stuff that happened and many other stuff that got cancelled and postponed.

There is nothing to envy about Katy Perry to be honest. :smh:

Edited by Anderson123
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Nessun Dorma
55 minutes ago, MessyTop said:

The back cover in HQ: 

IMG-3654.jpg

The back cover should be the front cover :smh:

find your freedom in the music

Leoj305
29 minutes ago, RochestrMonstr said:

It just seems so strange to me that people are/were expecting some kind of huge comeback era from this 40 year old woman with limited vocal talent.

Maybe she will have a huge era, there’s no way to know the future. I can’t imagine why she would though. 

Her label is pushing her hard on social media and it’s giving 2010 Katy budget, plus she has Luke and Max Martin back, so far it has been a nearly flawless execution for a comeback

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

altern8version

the more I hear of this song, the more it indeed sounds like Stupid Love

• Like 9

NATAH
8 minutes ago, Leoj305 said:

Her label is pushing her hard on social media and it’s giving 2010 Katy budget, plus she has Luke and Max Martin back, so far it has been a nearly flawless execution for a comeback

"nearly flawless" is a strong word to describe it considering the backlash

mother, what must i do?
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1

buzzkill
7 minutes ago, altern8version said:

is it out?

HeavyMetal Halcyon
40 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

Uhh. Chromatica was even more exciting than Joanne for me, even with the leaks and stuff that happened and many other stuff that got cancelled and postponed.

This! Even with the leaks, Chromatica was an exciting era with energy and passion. 

13 minutes ago, altern8version said:

As a DJ, I am excited to mix the two together lol 

Chromatica Forever
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

CubbyGaga

This entire era seems like it’s stacking up to be a generic rehash of Chromatica.  It’s almost comical.  

• Like 5

HiddenWeirdo
58 minutes ago, RochestrMonstr said:

That is certainly not the issue. And it is very discriminating and rude af too :alsemanche:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Rafau

1 + 4 + 3 = 8

okay gheys LG7 on august confirmed :cheeky:

I'm not having fun tonight

MessyTop
1 minute ago, HiddenWeirdo said:

That is certainly not the issue. And it is very discriminating and rude af too :alsemanche:

They forget Gaga will be 40 soon. And yes her age is irrelevant. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

BradleyCooper

At least the cover is aesthetically pleasing! The art director didn’t do her dirty this time

AMENiCURE

The cover art is... okay? A cute appetizer before the real main course serve aka LG7 visuals would be a nice way to put it. :laughga:  I guess it doesn't invoke any feelings in me because this whole aesthetic feels 4 years late.

The only good thing about this I can say is that it's simple. Complex covers, imo, don't really work well or are suited for the streaming apps era. So this being easy to look at it with nothing too much going on is really its strong point.

This entire album feels like it shouldn't have happened at this stage of her career. I feel like she should've tried having a Joanne moment with KP5 prior to this so she could actually have a proper "popstar Katy Perry is back" moment. That's why Stupid Love had such a high debut because it actually felt like a comeback to something we knew and loved.  This on the other hand doesn't feel the same knowing her last 2 failed attempts at the same thing she's trying to do now.

• Teletubby changed the title to Katy Perry announces album "143" and previews new songs