Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
question

Gaga x Chappell Roan Collab?

LordByron28

Featured Posts

lastpopicon

I like Chappell Roan A LOT but she doesn't have the same avant garde & snobby attitude that made Gaga what she is. Gaga actually knows fashion and made waves with that in her early career, many fans forget she's actually very very knowledgeable in fashion, it wasn't just craziness, it was craziness with a very clear point.

Roan does have some good outfits but she's a far cry from Gaga in that regard and I feel it's a bit disrespectful l to Gaga, she sits alone in that pedestal, her influence is still felt to this day, roan doesn't have that, yet at least.

That said... I absolutely love Roan and she does have potential to take over the world, her music is good and she has my attention, I just feel she needs that je sais quoi that made and makes Gaga larger than the world.

The melody that you choose can rescue you
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

tyler k
1 hour ago, BillieGOAT said:

21579367732157936836Any?  :sweat:

like the theatrics are THERE, she's bringing the drama back to pop music and carving out a space for queer people to feel seen in pop that is similar to what Gaga did in the late 2000s.

the Gaga appeal is there, if you don't see if you're being willfully ignorant to it, sorry! <3 

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee
  • Thanks 9

tyler k
18 minutes ago, lastpopicon said:

I feel it's a bit disrespectful l to Gaga

why?

no one is saying Chappell is doing EXACTLY what Gaga did, it's just reminiscent of her theatrics from way back then

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Bok

No but would love to see her collab with CocoRosie that would be a slay.

Nessun Dorma

I want zero collabs on LG7 :laughga:

But I sympathize with Chappell Roan, she seems fun and talented. 

• Thanks 3

lastpopicon
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, tyler k said:

why?

no one is saying Chappell is doing EXACTLY what Gaga did, it's just reminiscent of her theatrics from way back then

because it wasn't just theatrics like you put it, she defied the whole industry, she forced other pop stars to change and in a way she paved the way for Roan. 

Don't get me wrong, I understand the comparisons, I myself made them on ggd in other threads but I feel people get carried away, me included. 

I believe she has enormous potential, I lost count how many times I listened to her album, she's the real deal and has real talent, and ofc I see some Gaga in her, one of the reasons I love her so much. And personally, I'd love to see them collab :staymad: 

Edited by lastpopicon
The melody that you choose can rescue you
  • Like 1

KevinWright
1 hour ago, BillieGOAT said:

21579367732157936836Any?  :sweat:

She's giving late The Fame era vibes :heart:

GagaGame
2 hours ago, Chlorine said:

Can’t wait for Gaga to stop faking it and go full Madonna on this girl. :partysick:

Just wait until Chappell releases her third studio album "Abort My Way"

I could be your mustang for the weekend
  • LMAO 1

palma

I would like a Me Against the Music on CR3 in idk 2027 :partysick: For a while she deserves to shine on her own. That being said I'd die for her to have her GagaxElton moment with Gaga at the Grammy's. 

Is there some reason my LG7 isn't here? Has she died or something?
  • YAAAS 1

Catnikko
3 hours ago, olive specter said:

ipod glasses, meat dress, flying dress etc.

flying dress has no business being included in a sentence about iconic things Gaga added to the music/fashion landscape at the time :air: 

Dance in the shadow of the meow
  • Like 2

Aglaya

If I catch someone ese calling the iconic Volantis as the "flying dress" Im going to riot :grr:

could mean anything
  • LMAO 3
  • YAAAS 1

SHALLOW
Posted (edited)

You guys said the same thing about Billie. To this day i still can't name a song that isn't bad guy. She definitely does have an influence on Gen z and alpha but no real impact in music. 

I feel like every once in a while you guys like to push a new artist but it just is not going to happen. Unfortunately nowadays no artist is able to do what past generations have done and that's because the music landscape has changed and has become incredibly shallow. 

Edited by SHALLOW
  • LMAO 1

Catnikko
23 minutes ago, Aglaya said:

If I catch someone ese calling the iconic Volantis as the "flying dress" Im going to riot :grr:

the flying dress is a blip only the fans that were around at the time know about :air: and it's a meme at best

Cody James

Only if it is titled “Your Artists Favorite Artist” :ally:

Catnikko
14 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

You guys said the same thing about Billie. To this day i still can't name a song that isn't bad guy. She definitely does have an influence on Gen z and alpha but no real impact in music.

You're in the minority with that sis :traumatica: she has the same academy award as Gaga

• Like 2