Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Katy Perry's next era - how will it perform?

theahsfan

Featured Posts

theahsfan

Katy Perry, and her label, naturally, seem pretty desperate for Woman's World + the subsequent album to smash. Suspiciously, despite her 2020 release only pulling 50k first week and her Vegas residency underperforming, she's been going viral a lot lately on X for her gimmicks and Kim Kardashian/Bianca Censori cosplay, returning to Dr. Luke, taking inspiration (IMO) from Chromatica... but will it all pay off? It's very fascinating to watch :vegas:

• Like 1

I mean, let's be honest. Ignoring any controversy etc, which is a primarily online thing - although I think the tiktok hate will stick. 

Who is Katy's fanbase? Like what does her core fan look like? 

And if, like me, you cannot answer that. That gives you an idea of how Katy will perform in this era unless she manages a true hit. 

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 2

tomsches

I don’t think it’s gonna be hugely successful. Her style and aesthetic was trendy in the late 2000s and early 2010s, but as a teacher I know what young people like these days and I just don’t see anyone caring for anything she does 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Madame Goo Goo

I don't see her getting a top 5 album this time around, considering Smile just barely got in at #5 and that had Never Really Over to carry it. I don't see this album getting a NRO or even a Daisies-sized hit, she'll have a 365 at best.

Lady Gaga doesn't owe us anything
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, theahsfan said:

she's been going viral a lot lately on X

mama it's fraudulent likes. No way she's getting 400k likes over and over out of the blue, right after X blocks seeing the likes.

• Like 5

holy scheisse

First single will have some buzz (for better or for worse lol) and ppl will stream to check it out but the era will fall off after that 

Teletubby

she released her last album before Billboard banned merch/bundles so i think 30-35k for next one

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • Shook 1

I'm just disappointed for this "comeback" because the lyrics are sooooooooo outdated. It's not 2016 anymore with Hilary running for president. IDK. I do like her latest aesthetic shift and confidence, though. Maybe the album and rollout will surprise us.

There's nothing exciting about her music at all. It's usually people just expecting it to be catchy and the last few albums were anything but that...with a few exceptions. And tbh, even if those were catchy song... it's a form without substance, much like her as an 'artist' altogether.