Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Chappell cites "Alejandro" for spoken word inspiration

ChicaSkas

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Aren said:

Gaga smashed worldwide from the very beginning, even before the US.

Chappell, on the other hand, couldn’t be more Midwestern. I’ll just leave it at that.

why is it a bad thing she's from the Midwest? isn't that part of her appeal?

it took Just Dance 5 months to make it to number one, Gaga wasn't smashing right out of the gate

Edited by tyler k
mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee
  • Like 4

HotLikeMexico

finally listened to her album, and I thought it was okay. I think everyone gassed it up so much so I expected it to end my whole existence.

Edited by HotLikeMexico
  • Thanks 1

ProfessionalClown
2 hours ago, Starmie25 said:

Hot take: I like her, but I honestly don't get Gaga vibes from Chappel (least sonically) but guess that's just me

Marina and the Diamond though..

no one’s saying sonically, it’s just aes rn ethically and that she’s embracing her campiness and is unafraid to just do whatever she wnats 

ProfessionalClown
1 hour ago, Aren said:

Chappell, on the other hand, couldn’t be more Midwestern

That’s literally her entire thing she’s playing on, come on.

• Like 2

lastpopicon
9 minutes ago, tyler k said:

why is it a bad thing she's form the Midwest? isn't that part of her appeal?

it took Just Dance 5 months to make it to number one, Gaga wasn't smashing right out of the gate

Pink Pony Club wouldn't exist if she wasn't from the midwest. I think she's still evolving, not on 2008 Gaga level just yet but she def have all the potential and talent to reach high places. If she can pull off her bad romance I feel she will blow up.

Edited by lastpopicon
The melody that you choose can rescue you
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, ProfessionalClown said:

That’s literally her entire thing she’s playing on, come on.

15 minutes ago, tyler k said:

Nothing wrong with the Midwest, it’s just not internationally appealing. Hence why her success will remain very limited to the US. And that’s ok.

5 minutes ago, lastpopicon said:

Pink Pony Club wouldn't exist if she wasn't from the midwest. I think she's still evolving, not on 2008 Gaga level just yet but she def have all the potential and talent to reach high places. If she can pull off her bad romance I feel she will blow up.

Good Luck Babe has just entered the top 10 of the Hot 100 and her album that was released last Fall is charting at number 8 in the Hot 200.

HOT TO GO, Red Wine Supernova & Pink Pony Club are all charting on the Hot 100 and Casual is at #8 on the Bubbling Under chart. 

She's definitely still evolving but she is taking off in a similar Gaga had a slow rise to fame in those 5 months. 

Chappell wasn't on ANY Charts 5 months ago. I wouldn't be surprised if GLB hits number one in a couple weeks... she is the moment right now. 

also wouldn't be surprised of T*ylor Sw*ft has another copy of TTPD ready to go if chappell ends up challenging her for number one on the Hot 200

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Aren said:

Hence why her success will remain very limited to the US. And that’s ok.

I think it's wayyyyy too early to say this, like genuinely lol she's still so new

she's charting very high in the UK too

I’ll never forget an early Gaga interview where she says she’s looking for a man with a big c**k. Not sure if Chappel acts like that? LOL. For all their similarities, I think there are a lot more differences been the two. 

What they both share is charisma and camp though. Is Chappel really the first artist since Gaga to have those traits? 🤔  I guess it’s possible. Pop really took a backseat to rap from like 2014-2019. Post 2020, it was Dua, Ari and Billie, all of which are quite boring and human-like. So in a sense, Chappell represents the start of a new pop golden era. But I don’t think that makes her like Gaga. 

• Like 1

lastpopicon
3 minutes ago, tyler k said:

Good Luck Babe has just entered the top 10 of the Hot 100 and her album that was released last Fall is charting at number 8 in the Hot 200.

HOT TO GO, Red Wine Supernova & Pink Pony Club are all charting on the Hot 100 and Casual is at #8 on the Bubbling Under chart. 

She's definitely still evolving but she is taking off in a similar Gaga had a slow rise to fame in those 5 months. 

Chappell wasn't on ANY Charts 5 months ago. I wouldn't be surprised if GLB hits number one in a couple weeks... she is the moment right now. 

also wouldn't be surprised of T*ylor Sw*ft has another copy of TTPD ready to go if chappell ends up challenging her for number one on the Hot 200

not you hyping me up :excuseu: 

AGREE, you make sense, i didn't realize she was charting this much :icant: 

The melody that you choose can rescue you
  • Love 1

MadArchitect
30 minutes ago, tyler k said:

actually, it took almost one year for Just Dance in to get to #1 in the US in after it's official release in april of 2008

LadyxGaGa
3 hours ago, Starmie25 said:

Hot take: I like her, but I honestly don't get Gaga vibes from Chappel (least sonically) but guess that's just me

Marina and the Diamond though..

same the only time i saw Gaga is like when she dressed up as lady liberty 

Monstermilo

i def like her as a person and love that shes so inspired by LG 

its crazy how many artists cite Gaga as a source of inspiration, Gaga IS THAT GURL

• Love 1