❤︎ OUT NOW! ❤︎
achievement

"Americano" had its biggest streaming day EVER!

lastpopicon

Featured Posts

lastpopicon

She keeps breaking records with BTW :heart:

Edited by lastpopicon
The melody that you choose can rescue you
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 21
  • Love 4
  • Shook 2

Starmie25

That recent performance racked up a lot of views on tiktok. 

We need Dancin In Circles (jazz version) nect :vegas:

• Like 1
  • LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 9

Prigari

Today, as I was closing the shop where i work I said to my staff « today is a big day, Born This Way is thirteen years one month and 3 days old » and I put Americano four times. Very loud. 

Doin’ my best.

Edited by Prigari
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 5
  • YAAAS 7
  • Love 5

King of the Fall

All these BTW tracks gaining so much tractions years later, truly a timeless album

He never sleeps. He says that he will never die. He dances in light and shadow and he is a great favorite
  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 5
  • Love 6
  • Thanks 10

Nycboy

I’m not Taylor’s biggest fan but I think this is her impact. Her Eras tour is really making popstars reconsider dredging up old material, because guess what — when you’re a huge star there’s still a big market for 10-year-old material if it’s quality output. Taylor has reconceptualized an “era” as a costume that a popstar can rewear. It’s sustainable fashion!

• Like 1
  • LMAO 38
  • Love 1
  • Shook 1

StarstruckIllusion
22 minutes ago, King of the Fall said:

All these BTW tracks gaining so much tractions years later, truly a timeless album

My fave for a reason!!

• YAAAS 3

Starmie25
25 minutes ago, Nycboy said:

but I think this is her impact.

Is it really though? :huntyga:

I think Gaga included "Americano" because it fits within the Jazz/funk vibe of the show. 

Edited by Starmie25
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

NATAH
19 minutes ago, Nycboy said:

I’m not Taylor’s biggest fan but I think this is her impact. Her Eras tour is really making popstars reconsider dredging up old material, because guess what — when you’re a huge star there’s still a big market for 10-year-old material if it’s quality output. Taylor has reconceptualized an “era” as a costume that a popstar can rewear. It’s sustainable fashion!

girl what, Gaga's always putting the odd old song on her setlists

bloody mary and scheiße at JWT, scheiße, GH and aura at Enigma...

Edited by NATAH
mother, what must i do?
  • Like 3
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 19

HiddenWeirdo
15 minutes ago, Nycboy said:

It is TikToks impact. Taylor is just doing what benefits her the most economically. Old songs are getting their revival every now and then thanks to TikTok. The best example is "Freed from desire" which is currently gaining attention through the European Championship. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Nycboy
12 minutes ago, Starmie25 said:

Is it really though? :huntyga:

I think Gaga included "Americano" because it fits within the Jazz/funk vibe of the show. 

Haha idk. I’m feeling like in the current TikTok world we live in, I’m seeing lots of old material getting recycled for fans, and the biggest example is the eras tour. Like I'm noticing people suddenly talking about Teenage Dream and BTW quite a bit. Why am I hearing Natasha Bedingfield’s Unwritten almost once a week? There’s kinda been a collapsing of time. It used to be like an artist released an album, promoted it for a year, and then it would die. I’m just noticing a big trend of past releases being resurrected.

I think this trend gives pop stars a newfound confidence to lean a bit harder into their older work than they preciously used to. 

Edited by Nycboy
  • Shook 1

HiddenWeirdo
3 minutes ago, Nycboy said:

Haha idk. I’m feeling like in the current TikTok world we live in, I’m seeing lots of old material getting recycled for fans, and the biggest example is the eras tour. Like I'm noticing people suddenly talking about Teenage Dream and BTW quite a bit. Why am I hearing Natasha Bedingfield’s Unwritten almost once a week? There’s kinda been a collapsing of time. It used to be like an artist released an album, promoted it for a year, and then it would die. I’m just noticing a big trend of past releases being resurrected 

It's fascinating to me that Taylor made the "eras thing" big but she's clearly the one having the most boring eras of em all. Did her sound change drastically throughout her last three records? Is she serving fashiun? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Plastic Flower
7 minutes ago, HiddenWeirdo said:

It's fascinating to me that Taylor made the "eras thing" big but she's clearly the one having the most boring eras of em all. Did her sound change drastically throughout her last three records? Is she serving fashiun? 

From Evermore to Midnights sure. TTPD not much.

I've listened to her entire discography and every album ever since Speak Now has a different sound. Her aesthetics for the first 3 eras were essentially the same tho and didn't make a significant change until 1989.

That was Taylor's task with this tour imo. She gave each era their own identity and the internet kinda believes it.

Drop it
  • Like 1

Ladle Ghoulash
44 minutes ago, Nycboy said:

Not at all. Really more the byproduct of TikTok than anything else. 

• Like 5

weed

I need Hair to have a resurgence, the promo single that has been forgotten </3 but it's sooo beautiful! So good. 

Love that BTW is the gift that never stops giving. 

TFM 15th anniversary this year, wonder if we'll get anything. 

• Like 2
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 1

GagaGame
19 minutes ago, weed said:

TFM 15th anniversary this year, wonder if we'll get anything

If they don't release a vinyl I'll BE MAD CAUSE I DON'T HAVE IT AND THE PICTURE VINYL IS LITERALLY WORTH 200€ HERE :cryga:

I could be your mustang for the weekend
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 1