Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
music news

Update: Katy Perry's “Woman's World” snippet is back on TikTok

Teletubby

Featured Posts

ThisGuyTony

Disappointed with the song tbh. 

Expected a smash hit with the hype they’re tryna create but it’s gonna end up being another NRO :air: 

• Like 1

Divine

I am giving it a chance until the whole song/album comes out. I am living for the visual direction. Also, I am just so happy she is back with an art direction of LIKE a MPG that she is!:heart:

"And I still love you even if I can't see you anymore."
  • Like 1

southpaw773

Clip sounded auto tuned or AI lol. Hopefully it’s just an effect to that part of the song. 

Divine
6 hours ago, SHALLOW said:

The fact she has to use her body to sell isn't very reassuring. 

Also the title and the snippet sound kinda boring :huntyga:

It's a shame cause i really was ready to stan

I disagree with this "The fact she has to use her body to sell isn't very reassuring."

It doesn't mean that if a woman shows her body she is selling or inviting. What if she just want to portray the essence of the song of being confident. :party:

Like if a man did that, there will threads here being thirsty and praising the physique. :neyde:

That's the art direction, owning the embodiment of being a woman I think. I somehow agree with the snippet, but I think I'll give it a chance since I can't make a judgement without hearing the whole thing.  

• Like 6

apollorowling

The song has already leaked in low quality. It's not a bad song, but I don't think it has the strength of a lead single, it seems more like a promotional single or a fourth/fifth single.

Edited by apollorowling

Divine
6 hours ago, SHALLOW said:

gaga-2.jpggaga-1.jpg&xs=1&xtz=-480&xuuid=9f97cd2dc

Let women express themselves without being tied to "using their body". :kiss:

• Thanks 5

GRIMEZSZ

song leaked in LQ and for thr snippets in HQ this lead don’t have replay value. The “oh oh oh” are kinda interesting with the production but the verses and chorus lackluster at best. This tryhard empowering song with this aesthetic is just late and boring. hope the album is better but this lead is giving stupid love not good enough for a lead kind of situation ( stupid love is better too)

GRIMEZSZ

also dr luke production in this song feels odd with the theme (woman's world for good sake).. also an ava max reject?  miss katy this was your last chance for something truly iconic. i think that maybe second single is going to be better(? hope so

• Like 2

Divine
6 minutes ago, GRIMEZSZ said:

also dr luke production in this song feels odd with the theme (woman's world for good sake).. also an ava max reject?  miss katy this was your last chance for something truly iconic. i think that maybe second single is going to be better(? hope so

I think she worked with Dr. Luke because she produced a lot of hits for her way back 2008 until Prism era, but the Dr. Luke production part is kinda icky ngl. :noparty:

elijahfan

I can’t believe this summer is going to be 2013 all over again……

Reality
7 hours ago, SHALLOW said:

Are we really in a pop forum in 2024 shaming a woman for "using her body"?? Girl, many artists, including Gaga, have used their bodies to sell their music. It's her body and she can do what she wants with it :vegas: Besides, that photo is far from the most revealing thing Katy—or anyone else in the industry—has ever done. 

𝐼 𝒥𝒰𝒮𝒯 𝒩𝐸𝐸𝒟 𝒜 𝒟𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 𝒮𝒯𝒰𝐹𝐹
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

lastpopicon
14 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

I can’t believe this summer is going to be 2013 all over again……

But is it? I don't think Katy is in that position anymore.

Her last album charted at #5 and no big hits outside daises, and that peaked at #40 on billboard.

Meanwhile, Gaga still does strong numbers, four #1 albums in a row, and it should be five, it's a crime "The Fame" only got #2 album. :triggered: 

Chromatica did +200k first-week, rain on me debuted and charted 1# on billboard.

I feel like they are not in the same league anymore, which is a shame because we all know what Katy can do. :traumatica:

The melody that you choose can rescue you
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1

Sneaky Oliver
1 hour ago, ThisGuyTony said:

Disappointed with the song tbh. 

Expected a smash hit with the hype they’re tryna create but it’s gonna end up being another NRO :air: 

Don’t disrespect NRO like that, this new song is not even close from its level

The music industry is weird. How can you work in this industry and not know that those empowerment anthems are not IT in 2024. It could be a cute album track but it’s completely stupid to drop it as the lead single honestly. I mean just look what Taylor swift or Billie Eilish or Olivia Rodrigo have been releasing lately. It’s not that difficult to try to get a hit at least to revive Katy’s MPG status 

In the land of gods and monsters, I was an angel living in the Garden Of Eden
  • Thanks 2

Divine
21 minutes ago, lastpopicon said:

But is it? I don't think Katy is in that position anymore.

Her last album charted at #5 and no big hits outside daises, and that peaked at #40 on billboard.

Meanwhile, Gaga still does strong numbers, four #1 albums in a row, and it should be five, it's a crime "The Fame" only got #2 album. :triggered: 

Chromatica did +200k first-week, rain on me debuted and charted 1# on billboard.

I feel like they are not in the same league anymore, which is a shame because we all know what Katy can do. :traumatica:

I agree. Also, Gaga's branding is aging like a fine wine. Gaga once said in 2011, "I'm not supposed to be appreciated now you'll all appreciate me 20 years from now". In fact, her branding and image is set to be written like a legacy (for obvious reasons). She is becoming more and more iconic each day being the basis of "pop" of new generations of not just artists, but also people. See the streams of Judas (gaining new peak)?

That's why I am excited for #LG7 because I think she is coming back to "THE Gaga" that will make a significant impact to her discography and influence once more, also having a reminder to the public who she was once. Don't get me wrong, I love the previous eras like Joanne, but I am too hyped for the dark energy teasers now. I think she will reign supreme this time (because she is tired of failed album roll outs me thinks :smh:).

And not to boast, The Joker sequel is a locked hit. I hope Gaga's team make the right moves this time around because of the potential of this era can be a new peak higher than her recent peak which is ASIB! :heart:

I love Katy, but her music releases are kind of dated energy. I like how experimental the visuals she released now for this era, I just hope she take the risk too of experimenting her songs. Her image can be versatile if she just fully know her potential, I kinda feel she lost her touch music wise. I still love her tho, and keeping my hopes up that there are gems in this era for her. :giveup: 

• Like 3
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 3

Bowman

Listened to the leak, the chorus is really weak imo. I kinda want Katy to do better but it doesnt sound good, I’m excited to hear what the album will be like.

The visuals are really stunning though

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉

• Teletubby changed the title to Update: Katy Perry's “Woman's World” snippet is back on TikTok