💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Simon Cowell regrets not owning One Direction name

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Simon Cowell has one regret about One Direction: not owning the band name.

On Stephen Bartlett’s “The Diary of a CEO” podcast, the television and music mogul discussed what made the One Direction members successful after the band formed forming on Cowell’s “The X Factor” and he signed them to a record deal.

“When I was talking to One Direction, I remember saying to them, ‘Our goal is for you to have enough hits that if you ever reform, that you can do stadium tours. That means you got to have about 10 hit singles,” Cowell said. When asked if he thinks they will ever reunite, he said, “I doubt it.”

Cowell then said, “One thing I regret is I should have kept the name … I should have owned the name.”

Because the band members — Harry Styles, Zayn, Niall Horan, Liam Payne and Louis Tomlinson — own the rights to the name One Direction, Cowell would not be able to use it for any sort of spinoff project without their permission.

“That’s the problem. Could have made an animation or whatever, but when you give an artist the name, it’s not yours — and that’s my only regret,” Cowell said.

“If one of the band members, for whatever reason, say they don’t want to tour, it can stop the others [from] touring. So, if it was me who owned the name, it wouldn’t be a problem,” Cowell said, insinuating that if he had the rights to the name, he could try to organize a One Direction reunion tour regardless of each member’s involvement.
https://variety.com/2024/music/news/simon-cowell-doubts-one-direction-reunion-regret-name-1236032488/

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • Sad 2

RAMROD

It's a win for 1D, imagine if this person owns the rights instead and water down all things and image that 1D have built so hard cash cow projects. He only see the boys as some kind of walking ATMs., just like Scooter to his former artists (JB, Arian, etc) or Troy to Gaga.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ with birds I share this lonely view (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

eifulien

the repulsiveness of the music industry people in 40 seconds... utterly obnoxious. These people truly are oblivious to the art side of the music. They just see business opportunities & profit margins. :patrizia:

Edited by eifulien
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

King of the Fall

If I was Simon, I would be more regretful that I look like a Blobfish now

Edited by King of the Fall
The problem was, she had a little black book and my name was written on every page
  • Like 6

Red

1 like = 1 prayer

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • Like 8

CupcakkesWig

I'm not saying I hate Simon Cowell but I'd love to see him fall into a pit.

• LMAO 3

dopega

So let me get this straight, he regrets not exploiting young artists' dreams and hopes to the full extend? :koons:

• Like 2
  • LMAO 1

River

he's an awful person

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

JoeMo
55 minutes ago, CupcakkesWig said:

I'm not saying I hate Simon Cowell but I'd love to see him fall into a pit.

Simon is actually a horrendous person, the way he literally bullied people all in the name of entertainment 

www.youtube.com/jmremixes

myluis617

Good he did that taint the One Direction legacy.

Westerosi
4 minutes ago, River said:

he's an awful person

He is. But I do admire his honesty.

Most moguls in this business have no names, no website, just a phone number and a lust for other people's money.

Edited by Westerosi
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

StrawberryBlond

I can imagine what he'd do if he did own the name. It would probably work out like what happened with Sugababes - all new line-up but still retaining the name so the band could keep on going and going, allowing hits to build up because it all technically counts under the singular name that the label owned. He'd remake 1D for every generation if he could, all under the same name so the hits and achievements would never end. What an antiquated way to manage and treat music, I swear. 

HotLikeMexico

Why does he look like a melted candle. 

• LMAO 1