💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

throwback

Katy Perry's ‘Witness' turns 7

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Blackout19

I liked this album, but Prism still is her best album

Vino cu noi în bucătărie, adu cu tine și o farfurie.

Ultimecia

It failed for a reason.

People calling this underrated or misunderstood should really broaden their music taste. :iamfair:

Time. It will not wait, no matter how hard you hold on...
  • Like 3
  • LMAO 1

ChavaWM

As someone who isn't a fan, I thought the album was pretty good. Sure, songs like Swish Swish, Hey Hey Hey, could've been left off. Deja Vu, Witness, Tsunami, Roulette, Mind Maze, were all really well produced and could've represented the album better. Maybe if it was broken down between 2 sides, a fun side and a more serious side. But people really thinking the whole album is horrible are just talking sh*t to hate. 

Edited by ChavaWM

NATAH
On 6/10/2024 at 8:08 AM, Ultimecia said:

It failed for a reason.

People calling this underrated or misunderstood should really broaden their music taste. :iamfair:

nostalgia working overtime here lol

mother, what must i do?
  • Thanks 1

crazygato

It had potential,  but the way it was promoted...:excuseu:

I'll give it a 5/10, it had interesting production and more of a "serious" image. A little experimental for Katy. But it also had a lot of filler! Trim it down to 10-12 tracks and itd be fine. The filler made it a chore to listen to.

Deja Vu is a lost hit, Roulette is awesome, Tsunami is chill and cute, Swish Swish is fun, CTTR doesnt belong here but isstill a strong track (could have been a bonus track). Overall just an average pop album. 

Almost forgot, Pendulum is enjoyable too! 

Linus Gaga
On 6/9/2024 at 7:48 PM, lastpopicon said:

All I remember from this era: 

:ladyhaha:

:cryga:

Hit me a message and say hi !
  • LMAO 1

Jack3257
On 6/9/2024 at 2:56 AM, Ororo Munroe said:

Roulette still slaps IDC 

THIS!! I loved it in high school and just rediscover it and forgot how good it was.  Shocked it wasn’t included in her Vegas residency.  

If the singles would have been Witness—Roulette—Deja Vu—Chained to the Rhythm—Swish Swish this era could have kept up her popularity.  Witness is her signature KP sound but is a bit more mature lyrically than her previous work.  Roulette is one of her best songs ever, and could have helped signal the tonal shift for the album.  Deja Vu right before the album would signal her wanting to break free of her image.  Release the video for Chained to the Rhythm with the album as a sort of “thesis statement” and then Swish Swish as the final single since you know the drama at the time would have given the song hype.

• Thanks 1

lastpopicon
23 hours ago, Linus Gaga said:

:cryga:

Her not being able to move and having to stand there awkwardly talking sent me 

:ladyhaha:

The melody that you choose can rescue you