đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Did Bloody Mary's Success Influence Gaga?

Chlorine Sevigny

Did Bloody Mary's Success Influence Gaga?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Did Bloody Mary's Success Influence Gaga?

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

Chlorine Sevigny

I was thinking... Gaga changed a lot over the years, particularly after ARTPOP. She worked very hard to be relatable, showcase her talent, and establish herself as an Academy darling. Her recent music has been disconnected from the beginning of her career when she was arguably the most iconic and biggest popstar in the world.

So the question is... was a return to darkness "inevitable"... or was Gaga reassured and encouraged by the viral success of Bloody Mary that the public does in fact want/miss/need Mother Monster again? :max:

• Like 5
  • Love 3

Axl Jax
Posted (edited)

She was probably planning it somewhat anyway, but the whole TikTok Bloody Mary thing ramped it up a notch.

Edited by Axl Jax
  • Like 9
  • YAAAS 1

holy scheisse

Idk but I truly love the Bloody Mary, Harley Quinn, bad romance/fame monster vibes she’s giving right now :firega: she seems in touch with her yin rn :firega:

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 11

VTV

It has always been her brand. 

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA
  • Like 3

Anderson123

We still don't know what LG7 is going to be like so we have yet to see lol. The success of A Star Is Born and Shallow made fans think she was going for an adult / piano / ballad sound and she came up with Chromatica.

• Like 6
  • YAAAS 1
  • Shook 1

Lickitung

I think it was inevitable, to be honest. Darkgaga is a part of her. But I do agree that Bloody Mary's success played a part on it. I wouldn't be surprised if she's revisiting the "original LG5" (I love Joanne, don't get me wrong) for this next album (it would explain why she's saying things like "you cant rush it" and "magic potions take time")

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

DanielM

Pop culture moves in waves. Like the early 2010s, pop music is statured with relatable, colorful acts. Gaga is taking the chance to be the first to break the code again. Also, I think she is now more comfortable with her songwriting skills, so I'm expecting 80s rock influence as in great lyricism, long verses, etc. I think the dark visuals go with it. 

• YAAAS 1
  • Love 3

Red

I hope so :vegas:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

homomo

I personally believe she was always going to venture back into her darker sounds like her earlier days. But as another member said, the success of BM most likely gave her that extra motivation.

• Like 1

JessFletch

Love this thread. I will never have enough Bloody Mary talk. I think her musical style is going to be somewhat cyclical to an extent.

Sonically speaking, Chromatica was light (arguably too light 👀) and a return to dark, spooky, growling music was called for 🩸 

Here’s hoping, at least 

Bloody Mary

Bloody Mary 

Bloody Mary 

• Like 2
  • YAAAS 1

palma

She knows ASIB didn't smash in Azerbaijan so she's not taking any risks this time around :nick:

• LMAO 4

bionic

I would not be surprised if the lead single was less than 3 minutes long

buy bionic
  • Like 1

Noir
2 hours ago, Axl Jax said:

She was probably planning it somewhat anyway, but the whole TikTok Bloody Mary thing ramped it up a notch.

Think this is the most likely scenario. Probably had a few different ideas, a dark direction being one of them and seeing the viral success of BM, it ushered that idea forward. 

Killa

Interscope sure went tò.the studio and said gagita teen wants dark pop

And She said ok fam and went with it

• Like 1