💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

3 Body Problem Renewed By Netflix

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

The acclaimed sci-fi epic has been greenlit for more episodes and the streamer committed to finishing the series, while showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss have renewed their overall deal.

The streamer has greenlit additional episodes that will eventually wrap the acclaimed sci-fi epic from David Benioff, Dan Weiss and Alexander Woo.

“We’re thrilled that we get to tell this story through to its epic conclusion,” the showrunners said in a statement. “Ever since we read the last page of Cixin Liu’s magnificent trilogy, we hoped we’d be able to bring the audience to the end of the universe with us. Here we go!”

There’s no word yet, however, how many seasons or episodes the order will entail. The showrunners had previously hoped to get a total of four seasons to adapt the three books in Liu’s trilogy. 

In addition, Game of Thrones creators Benioff and Weiss have renewed their overall deal with the streamer to write, produce and direct new series and films. In addition to the continuation of 3 Body Problem, they are currently working on the recently announced series Death by Lightning. Their original 2019 overall deal was for at least $200 million. Woo also has an overall deal at the streamer. 

Added Peter Friedlander, vp of scripted series at Netflix: “The extraordinary 3 Body Problem, brought to life with the deft hands of Benioff, Weiss and Woo, will soar to never-before-seen heights as they tackle the rest of the mind-blowing journey through Death’s End. Their brilliant vision as storytellers is matched by their amazing partnership — and, just like the fans, we can’t wait to see what they have in store.”

The decision follows a bit of a suspenseful will-they-or-won’t-they period following the rollout of the pricy drama’s debut season in May. After a somewhat modest first week, the show demonstrated it had legs, topping Netflix’s TV chart for three weeks and spending seven weeks in Netflix’s global Top 10. While 3 Body Probleminitially drew some mixed reviews, its Rotten Tomatoes critic and audience scores gradually rose to 80 percent and 78 percent, respectively.

The show is said to be one of the most expensive in Netflix’s history, costing more than $20 million per episode, which doesn’t include the cost of acquiring the TV rights to Liu Cixin’s novels and subsequent marketing. 

The producers have said they’ve been working on a second season as if a renewal is forthcoming in hopes of hitting the ground running when they get a green light.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/3-body-problem-renewed-season-2-netflix-1235888162/amp/

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ WUMBOLOGY! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 4
  • Love 2

Catnikko

i haven't even got past the 3rd episode yet but this makes me happy :anveeroy:

Dance in the shadow of the meow

GipJo

Finally, we deserve more high concept sci-fi contents like this! Enough with sci-fi fantasy superhero bs, give us proper deep and grounded stories!

• YAAAS 1

AddMeOnMYSPACE

The books are great and I Highly recommend them, but I haven’t looked into this series. Is it good? I hate to see one of my favorite series butchered :saladga:

River

I liked it somehow but some episodes were kinda boring, especially the one before last.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Thanks 2

weed

My bitterness to D&D has made me not watch it but perhaps I will :ohwell:

Taylucifer

THANK GOD, this story is excellent, thank god it is based on books so I can at least read those if it gets canned

The Tortured Poets Department is out NOW

tomsches

They’ll probably need more than 4 seasons to put the whole trilogy into one series. Dark forest probably needs two and deaths end 3 

Poltergeist

Amazing! I fell in love with the series. My books are arriving in a few hours :flower:

I've been getting messages from my deep waters